Bannon removed as Chief Strategist of the White House: Quit or Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You attack me personally rather than make any effort to refute what I said about Trump's investing acumen. Needless to say I'm never going to get into specifics personally on here with someone as dumb as you, but you really shouldn't go assuming someone else's wealth just because you're poor. Stop projecting your problems onto me and stick to the discussion.

I didn't attack you personally. I told you to liquidate your wealth and invest it all into an economy that shows no sign of growth and become a billionaire. It's so easy to do. That's why everyone with money in the 70's now has 40 billion. Or....is it not so easy???

No, it doesn't. The KKK or the Alt-Right or whoever just being fans of Trump and Bannon doesn't entail that Bannon and Trump are fans of them.
Did you read the article?
"After Trump tapped Breitbart chair Steve Bannon as campaign CEO in August, the Alt-Right instantly became a fixture in political conversation. (Bannon boasted to me at the RNC that Breitbart is "the platform for the Alt-Right.")"

Sponsored by the National Policy Institute, a small non-profit "dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States," the conference prominently features the institute's president, Richard Spencer, a trim and tidily dressed 38-year-old with grandiose ambitions to usher in a white "ethno-state." Spencer is joined by two older compatriots: Jared Taylor, the founder of the website American Renaissance, which promotes faux science claiming that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites, and Peter Brimelow, who once wrote for Forbes and National Review before founding VDare, an anti-immigrant site named after Virginia Dare, who is said to be the first British child born in the American colonies. The trio spends two hours holding forth on the Alt-Right's core beliefs and its growing notoriety in the age of Donald Trump.

"After Trump tapped Breitbart chair Steve Bannon as campaign CEO in August, the Alt-Right instantly became a fixture in political conversation. (Bannon boasted to me at the RNC that Breitbart is "the platform for the Alt-Right.")"

Sponsored by the National Policy Institute, a small non-profit "dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States," the conference prominently features the institute's president, Richard Spencer, a trim and tidily dressed 38-year-old with grandiose ambitions to usher in a white "ethno-state." Spencer is joined by two older compatriots: Jared Taylor, the founder of the website American Renaissance, which promotes faux science claiming that blacks are intellectually inferior to whites, and Peter Brimelow, who once wrote for Forbes and National Review before founding VDare, an anti-immigrant site named after Virginia Dare, who is said to be the first British child born in the American colonies. The trio spends two hours holding forth on the Alt-Right's core beliefs and its growing notoriety in the age of Donald Trump.
This is precisely the quote the NYT latched onto in October 2015 that we were discussing. You gotta catch up, man.

Name one specific example of blatant racism.

You watch too much CNN.

Wasn't he only accused of racism?

If he was found guilty, you have a point. But it was in the 70s and how mentioned, I don't consider his ideology and agenda as racist.

Do you believe the USA has elected a racist president?
"For two years Trump would be required to supply weekly lists of vacancies to the Urban League’s Open Housing Center. When vacancies opened up in buildings where fewer than 10 percent of the tenants were black or Hispanic, the center would then have three days to submit applications from minority clients who wanted those apartments. If qualified, they were to get preference by agreeing to advertise vacancies in newspapers that served the black community. Trump was also required to advertise vacancies in press outlets serving minority communities."

You are misinformed?!

Trump has never found guilty of discrimination by a court.
According to my sources, he got away with that.
No, he didn't. And even if he did, what a logic fail. If he was blameless there was nothing for him to get away with. I hope you're not this stupid in real life.

"Earlier in that same year Trump helped fan the flames of racial resentment when black and Latino teens were arrested in the infamous “Central Park jogger” attack. Trump alone chose to pay for $85,000 worth of full-page newspaper ads trumpeting, in capital letters, “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK OUR POLICE!” In the text Trump objected to then-Mayor Ed Koch’s plea for peace: Mayor Koch stated that "hate and rancor should be removed from our hearts. I do not think so.”"

"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”"

Now go get your shinebox.

I'm kind of fascinated with the internal politics of this administration. I'm sure some insider will write a book about it, outlining the general thought process because from the outside, it looks like a complete dumpster fire.
I was thinking the same thing only this morning. When the tell-all books start coming out it will undoubtedly be mind-blowing.

This is precisely the quote the NYT latched onto in October 2015 that we were discussing. You gotta catch up, man.
I told you, don't give a shit about dates. The connection is clear. He may not be a so called white nationalist himself, it may be an association of convenience, but that doesn't make it any less repulsive to me.

No, he didn't. And even if he did, what a logic fail. If he was blameless there was nothing for him to get away with. I hope you're not this stupid in real life.

He was only sued. He wasn't found guilty by a court! Nobody could show me a source for that, not to mention the verdict of guilty. I read the wikipedia article and there were just accusations. By 'he got away with that', I basically meant that there wasn't obviously enough stressful material to pronounce him officially guilty.

No verdict of guilty, no sentence regarding the 1973 case.
I haven't found it so far.

Dude needs to hire a personal make up artist. He's frightening looking in half these pics with whatever skin condition he has.
apparently mike cernovich has an excruciating skin condition where his skin rips open when he works out or some shit. it's hilarious but it also makes me wonder if his skin tearing open caused him to become a bitter moron?

@Madmick
Take a look at this:
"Caddell, who lives in Charleston, is perhaps best known for helping Jimmy Carter win the 1976 Presidential race. He is also remembered for having collaborated with his friend Warren Beatty on the 1998 satire “Bulworth.” In that film, a kamikaze candidate abandons the usual talking points and excoriates both the major political parties and the media; voters love his unconventionality, and he becomes improbably popular. If the plot sounds familiar, there’s a reason: in recent years, Caddell has offered political advice to Trump. He has not worked directly for the President, but at least as far back as 2013 he has been a contractor for one of Trump’s biggest financial backers: Robert Mercer, a reclusive Long Island hedge-fund manager, who has become a major force behind the Trump Presidency."

"Magerman, a Democrat who is a strong supporter of Jewish causes, took particular issue with Mercer’s empowerment of the alt-right, which has included anti-Semitic and white-supremacist voices. Magerman shared his concerns with Mercer, and the conversation escalated into an argument."

"Mercer strongly supported the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be Trump’s Attorney General. Many civil-rights groups opposed the nomination, pointing out that Sessions has in the past expressed racist views. Mercer, for his part, has argued that the Civil Rights Act, in 1964, was a major mistake."

"He poured millions of dollars into Breitbart News, and—in what David Magerman has called “an extreme example of modern entrepreneurial philanthropy”—made donations to dozens of politically tinged organizations."

How Robert Mercer exploited America’s populist insurgency.

I told you, don't give a shit about dates. The connection is clear. He may not be a so called white nationalist himself, it may be an association of convenience, but that doesn't make it any less repulsive to me.
It makes a difference to me whether or not someone avows to belong to a group himself, and espouses its ideals, versus someone else casting him in that role for their own political agenda: gaining from the aspersion.
@Madmick
Take a look at this:
"Caddell, who lives in Charleston, is perhaps best known for helping Jimmy Carter win the 1976 Presidential race. He is also remembered for having collaborated with his friend Warren Beatty on the 1998 satire “Bulworth.” In that film, a kamikaze candidate abandons the usual talking points and excoriates both the major political parties and the media; voters love his unconventionality, and he becomes improbably popular. If the plot sounds familiar, there’s a reason: in recent years, Caddell has offered political advice to Trump. He has not worked directly for the President, but at least as far back as 2013 he has been a contractor for one of Trump’s biggest financial backers: Robert Mercer, a reclusive Long Island hedge-fund manager, who has become a major force behind the Trump Presidency."

"Magerman, a Democrat who is a strong supporter of Jewish causes, took particular issue with Mercer’s empowerment of the alt-right, which has included anti-Semitic and white-supremacist voices. Magerman shared his concerns with Mercer, and the conversation escalated into an argument."

"Mercer strongly supported the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be Trump’s Attorney General. Many civil-rights groups opposed the nomination, pointing out that Sessions has in the past expressed racist views. Mercer, for his part, has argued that the Civil Rights Act, in 1964, was a major mistake."

"He poured millions of dollars into Breitbart News, and—in what David Magerman has called “an extreme example of modern entrepreneurial philanthropy”—made donations to dozens of politically tinged organizations."

How Robert Mercer exploited America’s populist insurgency.
You're doing it, again. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Stop making the same argument believing it gains any more credibility from repetition.

He was only sued. He wasn't found guilty by a court! Nobody could show me a source for that, not to mention the verdict of guilty. I read the wikipedia article and there were just accusations. By 'he got away with that', I basically meant that there wasn't obviously enough stressful material to pronounce him officially guilty.

No verdict of guilty, no sentence regarding the 1973 case.
I haven't found it so far.
"The suit charged that the Trumps refused to rent to blacks. After a year and a half of furious legal and rhetorical combat, the Trumps, in 1975, agreed to a consent decree described by the head of the housing division as “one of the most far-reaching ever negotiated.” It required Trump to advertise vacancies in minority papers, promote minorities to professional jobs, and list vacancies on a preferential basis with the Open Housing Center of the Urban League."
https://www.villagevoice.com/2015/0...mp-forced-his-way-from-avenue-z-to-manhattan/

You are playing dumb, a strategy you seem to rely on almost exclusively. The term "alt-right" blew up in the mainstream media as an umbrella term for anti-establishment Republicans. Sleuthery months later identified Richard Spencer as the term's possible origin -- or at least one of its most enthusiastic marketers (this is ironically a major source of his sudden public notoriety).

This information was highly convenient since the Democrats have doubled down on the idea that Trump's presidency is a "white supremacist conspiracy". Bannon was using the term the same way as the rest of the media -- including the leftist/mainstream media -- was at the time, roughly equivalent to the Tea Party movement. It very recently transformed to have racial connotations and and the retroactive lying began.

When you play dumb you don't win over new ideological recruits. You put your true nature on display and fortify their disgust. So what's the point?

It makes a difference to me whether or not someone avows to belong to a group himself, and espouses its ideals, versus someone else casting him in that role for their own political agenda: gaining from the aspersion.

You're doing it, again. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Stop making the same argument believing it gains any more credibility from repetition.
Show me evidence of this.

"In an interview, Bannon praised the Mercers’ strategic approach: “The Mercers laid the groundwork for the Trump revolution. Irrefutably, when you look at donors during the past four years, they have had the single biggest impact of anybody, including the Kochs.”" - This indicates Bannon was completely in bed with Mercer's agenda.

You are playing dumb, a strategy you seem to rely on almost exclusively. The term "alt-right" blew up in the mainstream media as an umbrella term for anti-establishment Republicans. Sleuthery months later identified Richard Spencer as the term's possible origin -- or at least one of its most enthusiastic marketers (this is ironically a major source of his sudden public notoriety).

This information was highly convenient since the Democrats have doubled down on the idea that Trump's presidency is a "white supremacist conspiracy". Bannon was using the term the same way as the rest of the media -- including the leftist/mainstream media -- was at the time, roughly equivalent to the Tea Party movement. It very recently transformed to have racial connotations and and the retroactive lying began.

When you play dumb you don't win over new ideological recruits. You put your true nature on display and fortify their disgust. So what's the point?
Not that I should bother replying to a troll like you anyway, but try reading the whole article and then get back to me about playing dumb.

Why even bother. That guy is probably white himself and his forum gimmick is the de-whitening of western civilization, that Nazis lurk in every corridor. At some point you just have to let go and write them off as a casualty of neglectful parenting and daytime television addiction.

Not that I should bother replying to a troll like you anyway, but try reading the whole article and then get back to me about playing dumb.

This doesn't constitute a reply so you found a happy medium. Good luck with your imaginary racial war you poor brainwashed oaf.

LOL pretty funny coming from you.

Thinking is not as scary as you've been told. A team of commandos will not kick your bedroom wall down if you learn about the way the world functions. There is more to it than "Nazis vs poors". Remember this words and dare to stray from the realm of daytime television and fart jokes. Better yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back