Bannon removed as Chief Strategist of the White House: Quit or Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking is not as scary as you've been told. A team of commandos will not kick your bedroom wall down if you learn about the way the world functions. There is more to it than "Nazis vs poors". Remember this words and dare to stray from the realm of daytime television and fart jokes. Better yourself.
What's hilarious about this is you haven't the foggiest idea what I think, and it's because you're not interested in thinking about anything I post because you're a troll.

Except for Bannon and Milo.

www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/amp/

Kinda hard to say "nobody made the connection" when Breitbart is writing "authoritative" guides about the alt-right.

This wasn't a media conspiracy, this is what happens when you lie with dogs.
Because the of the trollwar during the historically unprecedented and bizarre election entailed Milo constantly pressing the "snowflake trigger" line without due sincerity.

That was theater. Bannon isn't a White Nationalist, and using the term "Alt-Right" doesn't make him one. He has never voiced explicit support for those ideals. You want to have proof, but all you have is associations and correlations. It's not good enough. This doesn't stand up.
It doesn't matter what he believes. It matters what his actions are. He is still referring to his "movement", as did Donald Trump during the campaign. In Bannon's head, his movement may not involve the Alt-Right, but they sure as hell believe it does, and by extension, so do his opponents.

This branding bullshit is identity politics 101, so there's a level of fairness there, because Bannon incontrovertibly thrives on that realm, and draws mana from it, but I can't stand this reductionism of labels.

Unfortunately, I've read that the Democrats primary strategy to get back into power in the upcoming 2018 and 2020 elections is to double down on MORE identity politics. Fucking despicable.

But to be fair, BOTH sides are constantly doing identity politics. If you watch Fox News, they are constantly doing it too.

The primary reason for this is that BOTH SIDES are bought and paid for by lobbyists and superpacs. That is the #1 problem with ALL politicians in this country and the entire system. It's based on legalized bribery.

The Dems and GOP have no choice but to resort to identity politics because they can't actually legislate based on the people's economic interests.

In the end, it's all about $$. All this racial strife wouldn't be happening if everyone was doing well financially and the wealth gap wasn't getting ridiculous.

It doesn't matter what he believes. It matters what his actions are. He is still referring to his "movement", as did Donald Trump during the campaign. In Bannon's head, his movement may not involve the Alt-Right, but they sure as hell believe it does, and by extension, so do his opponents.
Concession accepted.

My prediction is we are going to see a spate of new accounts rather than hear guys admit how wrong they were about Trump all along

This times eleventy billion
Or E-Suecide KONE is already out after the Nazi car attack.

Exactly; Trump has believed the things he believed since the 1980s.

That's an odd position to take, considering he has changed his views and politics multiple times since then. Just his 1999 interview with Russert on Meet the Press is vastly different to now.

Concession accepted.
You misunderstand me. I think we're debating different things. If your point is that Bannon is not himself a white nationalist, sure, I believe I conceded that from the beginning of this silly back and forth. I'm saying Bannon, thanks to the money of Robert Mercer, who himself is quite racist and also hates every moment the Clintons walk the earth, is giving voice to them and supporting their activities. That's what matters. It's the difference between someone clicking like on a racist message and a person taking out ad space on the web site to publicize it.

The spin I am seeing from some folks is that this is Trump pivoting towards the center.
That's precisely the message The White House is sending with the dismissal. It's purely symbolic, and yet, symbolism is the battle here, so it's a sincere gesture.

We'll see if they follow through. So far, it's back to usual within a fortnight or less. Trump will pick up his phone again and go on an insane Twitter rant.

WHITE HOUSE
Steve Bannon: 'I'm leaving the White House and going to war'

Steve Bannon is on his way out at the White House – but the fiery, anti-establishment conservative who helped Donald Trump win the presidency says he getting ready to wage his populist campaign from the outside.

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told Bloomberg on Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/18/steve-bannon-im-leaving-white-house-and-going-to-war.html

I am not sure if it is E-Suicide, or thats just his style of posting but he has always been dubed and posting controversial stuff here in the WR in the wake of the Charlottesville car crash after Mods warned not to flamebait is sort of E - Suicide.

trump inadvertently admitting hes addicted to cable news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back