Barao vs Kelleher

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Something weird about this fight, I personally have to pick Kelleher.

Barao has literally fallen apart.

In 4 years Barao has beaten Nover and Gagnon, that to me is laughable.

What do you guys think?

I'd like to see Kelleher get the win. His interviews on The MMA Hour were really enjoyable, I think he could be a fan favorite once he gets more exposure. He talks about how he has really bad anxiety, which is very relatable, but if he gets past that I think he can capitalize on Barao's decline.

barao fell off a cliff, similar to the downfall of Hendricks

Tough fight to judge, Barao fights super conservatively anymore and his confidence is shot. But I think his JJ is still top notch and Kelleher likes to take it to the mat, so we'll see. Gun to my head I'd take Kelleher but I could see either guy winning.

Barao has went to shit lately, what a fall from grace.

"Renan Barao is a monster" - Joe Rogan.

remember when dana put him in the GOAT conversation after the faber fight lol

Big opportunity for Kelleher to jump into the top 15. Stamman has a similar opportunity next week. I think both get it done, and possibly face off next

Ironically, all Nova Uniao did. I wonder if calling the cops on USADA was a clue to the fact that maybe the team juices??? Nah! <Moves>

If juice was all it took to win fights, Gold's Gym would be pumping out UFC Champions.

Barao actually left NU with one of his coaches a long time ago, he's been in Arizona the last few years.

It's hard to point at one thing and say 'this is why a fighter fails', but it does seem like whenever a fighter makes a big change & leaves the place that made them, it rarely benefits them.

I honestly don't see Barao beating anyone on the ufc roster at this point, hes fallen apart and looks significantly worse with every outing. Not to mention he's going to die trying to make 135. Kelleher decisions him imo.

If juice was all it took to win fights, Gold's Gym would be pumping out UFC Champions.

Barao actually left NU with one of his coaches a long time ago, he's been in Arizona the last few years.

It's hard to point at one thing and say 'this is why a fighter fails', but it does seem like whenever a fighter makes a big change & leaves the place that made them, it rarely benefits them.
{<redford}

Barao should win this. He's fallen but not far enough to lose to Kelleher.

This is true, but it is undeniable that what happened with Dede, Aldo and USADA leading up to UFC 189 was cosmically sketchy and a giant red herring. Of course PED's aren't the only thing that matters, but in a high level game of inches, many athletes need that extra boost. As Conte said, it is the difference between running a 10 sec 100 meter and a 9.7, that no athletes were on the podium in the Olympics that were not doping.

Still a fan of Barao , I really hope he gets an impressive win and gets his Mojo back and starts murking fighters left and right like he used to .

Back