Barboza is the underdog against Hooker...

Hooker has been consistently looking better with each fight, and 155 seems to fit him just right, whereas Barboza has been on the receiving end of a couple of life-changing beatings in the hands of Khabib and Kevin Lee, so Hooker's stock is rising while Barboza's stock is down, I can see where do the odds come from. You should never count Barboza out of a fight (Remember the chicken dance Kevin Lee did) so perhaps it's a good moment to put a bet on him, but he seems to crumble under pressure and hasn't look great for the past few months

The guy on a 2 fight losing streak is the betting underdog against a guy on a 4 fight win streak?

mild_shock_patrick_stewart_acting.gif

I have him winning

Barboza seems like a nice guy, I just don't think he is that well rounded or complete as an MMA fighter.

Basically living off that spin kick KO of Etim in 1981.

Hooker is underrated like Whittaker. People will learn once hes champ

Low level as in... Cerrone? Nah.

Johnson in 2015? Johnson beat Tony Ferguson before that fight and KTFO’d Poirier a couple fights after. He wasn’t low level even if he never was clearly elite level.

As for looking ”really shitty”, well, now it’s clear you are just hating.

926w.gif

It’s going to be a great fight and I don’t care who wins. The fans win anyway!

Varner is sorta low level and he KOd Barboza 1st round

Last edited:
Ngannou, Till.... Hooker.

Sherdog never learns and only remembers the last fight. Easy money on Barboza.

How is Dan Hooker near as hyped by Dana or fans like ngannou or till was? lol they got undeserved title shots Hookers on a 4 fight KO streak

Varner is sorta low level and he KOd Barboza 1st round
That was sorta like in 2012? Like 15 fights ago. I wouldn’t put too much stock on that loss. Shane Carwin was stil fighting back then, lol.

barboza is flashy but his fundamentals are shitty. His movement is primitive and his boxing is really bad bad bad. If hooker comes in with good pressure fighting, barboza is finished.

Yh but Hooker is too slow for Barboza. Watch his fight with Yair.

Hooker plods around with his hands by his belly button, not a good habit against Barboza

Just bet on him and the giants -3
$50 to win $150
Thanks OP, maybe you made me $

He should be the underdog. Guy doesn't have hands (got speed, tho), he only likes to kick, backpedals the whole fight and avoids any kind of exchanges. On the ground he is horrible. I don't know if he is that bad, but he is fighting in panic mode all the time.
I can't say Hooker is some bad match-up for him, he won't be able to wrestle him like Lee or Khabib, he does not have the speed or the urgency to push the pace too. So he could find himself in a fight where he narrowly loses every round... Enterely possible. But on the base of who is doing well and who not Hooker should be the favourite, these beatings that Edson took were so bad...

He's not horrible on the ground. Khabib and Lee just made it look that way.He was known for his takedown defense before the Khabib fight and was even able to get up off Khabib. Hooker's boxing ain't that great either and it'll probably come down to speed in the boxing exchanges.

I can see a spinning keep landing at some point in the fight btw. Hooker is too slow for him. Watch his fight with Yair as well.

How is Dan Hooker near as hyped by Dana or fans like ngannou or till was? lol they got undeserved title shots Hookers on a 4 fight KO streak

Till's shot was undeserved though it was originally Colby who was going to get it but Ngannou absolutely deserved his shot. He was riding a six-fight win streak all by finish and annihilated Alistair Overeem in the first minute, the same Overeem who knocked Miocic down and wobbled him a couple of times afterwards.

i feel this is a barboza decision win

View attachment 485887

Why?
to me, this's Max vs Ortega again
The guy was ranked #3, 1 fight away from a title shot
he lost to the best 2 grapplers and top 3 guys in Khabib & Lee
this's the same Barboza who gave Ferguson one of his toughest fights
defeating old Pearson and Jim Miller doesn't make you better than #5 Barboza
that Hooker guy was getting schooled by some Diakiese till he got the luckiest guillotine ever

I can understand these odds. As much as I like Barboza, anyone pressuring forward and keeping him backpedaling usually nullifies his incredible muay thai game. If he's smart, Hooker will do exactly that and beat Edson to the punch, as Barboza is great at firing kicks in a technical standup fight, but not the best at throwing punches in a brawl where he gets pressured.

Back