Barboza is the underdog against Hooker...

It's because of the match up ts. Styles make fights. Dan Hooker is an educated striker. Style Bender has been mimicking Barboza for him in camp. Hooker has pretty good hands, and Barboza has a questionable chin. I'd put my money on Hooker.

Because Hooker is a great fighter, well rounded. He could easily sub Barboza. His record is deceiving since he used to fight at FW which was too draining for him and it cost him fights. 4-0 with 4 finishes at lightweight. Granite chin, never been KO'd. Younger, taller, longer than Barboza.

You will learn to respect The Hangman after Saturday night.

Hooker is overrated period. Ppl were going crazy about his last KO while he was getting hit clean all day before the kd.
He is a solid fighter but far from the next top-guy some ppl make him out.

But based on the last performances of both Barboza and Hooker I'm not suprised with Barboza being underdog.

Gilbert Burns is a legit top 15 fighter. Him being competitive against Hooker, before getting ko'd, is in no way a bad look for Hooker.

I like Edson but I am a Kiwi and I have been hanging out with a bunch of Dan's compatriots this last weekend so I am going to have to say…
War Hangman Hooker!

Barboza has lost to low-level competition before

That simply isn't true. He's only lost to top 10 guys. Also he isn't facing a wrestler this time which makes it a good stylistic matchup.

Have you seen Dan Hooker fight?
If you disagree, bet on the underdog and get that money

Hooked has been smashing people but I'd never count Barboza out should be a he'll of a fight

Dan Hooker has some excellent results, he is a relatively-unknown name who has been asking for a Big Fight for some time and I am very happy he got a fight against a well-known fighter, and this is his big opportunity to make an impression, and I believe he absolutely can do that.

I'll definitely be watching this fight, and I hope it's a hard-fought battle. I'd watch any Edson Barboza fight anyway, he is a demon kicker and very entertaining.

Gilbert Burns is a legit top 15 fighter. Him being competitive against Hooker, before getting ko'd, is in no way a bad look for Hooker.
I don't disagree. Just saying he's not as good as some ppl claim him to be.

Hooker takes too many shots to the face.

I like hooker and initially liked him to beat edson but not so sure now. He does eat a lot of strikes because of his low guard. People forget how fast edson is with those kicks, especially against non wrestlers

Or mild retardation?

Usually I’m the one calling guys retards but I was trying to go a different route. But in the words of the immortal Matt Serra

Fuck’im

Barboza is one of my favorite strikers in the UFC but he needs that finishing instinct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back