Barboza is the underdog against Hooker...

I still can’t believe Edson makes 155 so easily. He looks like 180lbs

What a fucking fight! Thought Edson would get KOed. He came out to fight tonight for real!

barboza is flashy but his fundamentals are shitty. His movement is primitive and his boxing is really bad bad bad. If hooker comes in with good pressure fighting, barboza is finished.

Hooker KO round 1, won't even break a sweat.

He should be the underdog. Guy doesn't have hands (got speed, tho), he only likes to kick, backpedals the whole fight and avoids any kind of exchanges. On the ground he is horrible. I don't know if he is that bad, but he is fighting in panic mode all the time.
I can't say Hooker is some bad match-up for him, he won't be able to wrestle him like Lee or Khabib, he does not have the speed or the urgency to push the pace too. So he could find himself in a fight where he narrowly loses every round... Enterely possible. But on the base of who is doing well and who not Hooker should be the favourite, these beatings that Edson took were so bad...

Barboza seems like a nice guy, I just don't think he is that well rounded or complete as an MMA fighter.

Basically living off that spin kick KO of Etim in 1981.

Hooker is underrated like Whittaker. People will learn once hes champ

It's because of the match up ts. Styles make fights. Dan Hooker is an educated striker. Style Bender has been mimicking Barboza for him in camp. Hooker has pretty good hands, and Barboza has a questionable chin. I'd put my money on Hooker.

Now this is some funny shit

Because Hooker is a great fighter, well rounded. He could easily sub Barboza. His record is deceiving since he used to fight at FW which was too draining for him and it cost him fights. 4-0 with 4 finishes at lightweight. Granite chin, never been KO'd. Younger, taller, longer than Barboza.

You will learn to respect The Hangman after Saturday night.

Have you seen Dan Hooker fight?
If you disagree, bet on the underdog and get that money

{<jordan}

Just bet on him and the giants -3
$50 to win $150
Thanks OP, maybe you made me $

{<redford}

the best part:

Its like TS doesn't watch mma at all

Or mild retardation?

Usually I’m the one calling guys retards but I was trying to go a different route. But in the words of the immortal Matt Serra

Fuck’im
doesn't watch MMA at all, retarded and Fuck’im just for picking Barboza
<{anton}><{anton}><{anton}><{anton}><{anton}><{anton}><{anton}><{anton}>

Last edited:
Back