Barehanded strike for street fight

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you were to box bare in a self defense situation would use a fist, extended fingers (poking), or slap with an open palm?

What's the best style?

Fingers out
20180806_062228.gif 7MhKGbH.jpg

Fist
AUG02_CASTALDO_PENSION_POST01.jpg nogueira_punches_couture_ufc102.jpg

Open palm
14575446013d9KJZn.gif
nate.jpg

OPen hand lead hand, so I can grab, clinch, and enter hockey fight phase.

Punch with your fucking fist. Can't stand the self defense 'experts' who say open hand, destroy the other guy as quickly as possible and worry about broken hands later....if you're in a fist fight as a grown adult, you should be worried about alot more happening to you than a broken hand.

Fingers out........ Whilst on the Roids, is best I think....... Nut shots would do nothing to your tiny shriveled testicles........

Open Hand.

1.gif

Both have pros and cons though.

Punch with your fucking fist. Can't stand the self defense 'experts' who say open hand, destroy the other guy as quickly as possible and worry about broken hands later....if you're in a fist fight as a grown adult, you should be worried about alot more happening to you than a broken hand.

Nah, H2H is often not life or death, but pride, and prejudice. No need to risk bodily injury in it. Unless you fight someone with shiv, you are not in that desperate of a situation.

Even in H2H the other guy wants to kill you, there is only so much can do to you bare handed, so again, you dont need to break yourself trying to protect yourself. There are so many other way to protect, and attack without doing too much damage to self.

One hand up, one holding cellphone recording my sweet from-downtown uppercut

Nah, H2H is often not life or death, but pride, and prejudice. No need to risk bodily injury in it. Unless you fight someone with shiv, you are not in that desperate of a situation.

Even in H2H the other guy wants to kill you, there is only so much can do to you bare handed, so again, you dont need to break yourself trying to protect yourself. There are so many other way to protect, and attack without doing too much damage to self.

So you're trusting that the opponent's first punch won't knock you out and you smack your head on the concrete? Or plan on blocking or avoiding every strike he throws? Or his first strike won't cause you blindness? Planning on the other guy having the restraint to not kick you on the ground if you go down?

Destroy the cunt with your fists in seconds or end up in a wrestling match where anything and everything is fair game

So you're trusting that the opponent's first punch won't knock you out and you smack your head on the concrete? Or plan on blocking or avoiding every strike he throws? Or his first strike won't cause you blindness? Planning on the other guy having the restraint to not kick you on the ground if you go down?

Destroy the cunt with your fists in seconds or end up in a wrestling match where anything and everything is fair game

I am not saying you should never punch with fist. I just want to point out that H2H, is not such a desperate situation that one needs to just go ballz out, and sacrifice everything to go for the kill shot. Unless one participant is not trained perhaps. But if you have training, then why not play the game a little bit, and risk less to yourself? Why did one even begin training in the first place?

It is not that easy to throw first strike and knock a guy out, especially if that guy has some training. Causing blindness is even harder to do. Those rhetorical questions you are giving are very extreme. If opponents had weapons than sure those things can happen.

I am not saying you should never punch with fist. I just want to point out that H2H, is not such a desperate situation that one needs to just go ballz out, and sacrifice everything to go for the kill shot. Unless one participant is not trained perhaps. But if you have training, then why not play the game a little bit, and risk less to yourself? Why did one even begin training in the first place?

It is not that easy to throw first strike and knock a guy out, especially if that guy has some training. Causing blindness is even harder to do. Those rhetorical questions you are giving are very extreme. If opponents had weapons than sure those things can happen.

Im a paramedic (and been involved in more street fights than I care to remember when I was younger and more stupid), you cannot ever, ever trust what 'might' happen if involved in a physical confrontation. Destroy the threat and then worry about broken bones and lawsuits later. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

This is all once reasonable effort has been made to avoid the confrontation of course!

Im a paramedic (and been involved in more street fights than I care to remember when I was younger and more stupid), you cannot ever, ever trust what 'might' happen if involved in a physical confrontation. Destroy the threat and then worry about broken bones and lawsuits later. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

This is all once reasonable effort has been made to avoid the confrontation of course!

As a paramedic, are you claiming you have been called to scenes, in which one or all parties required medical attention after being beaten by bare fists? Well let me ask you, is it women victims of domestic abuse, or many against one? Again, those are extremes.

That same reasoning behind reasonable effort to avoid confrontation, can also be applied to avoiding the need to injure oneself when defending oneself against another bare fisted attacker. There are so many things you can do against someone attacking you with just bare fists, and shoes before needing to risk grievous bodily harm to oneself.

edit, on top of all that,

I dont believe it is possible to actually punch someone hard enough to break your own hand on purpose. Humans have something called Neural Inhibitors that prevent us from hurting ourselves. Its the same nervous reaction that causes us to pull our hand out of a burning fire.

And even if you do manage to break your hand on someones face, it may not even knockout or disable your opponent enough. The face bones are thicker and harder than the little sinews of the hand.

Last edited:
As much as I hate @BillytheFish he's right, plus if you've ever been in a street fight before then you know how the adrenaline kicks in and you don't even feel your hand being broken.

Me I don't even feel the pain when I punch someone I got use to it a long time ago, and all though I have not been in a fight since 2016 I can still punch someone bigger then me and my hand still won't hurt.

As much as I hate @BillytheFish he's right, plus if you've ever been in a street fight before then you know how the adrenaline kicks in and you don't even feel your hand being broken.

Me I don't even feel the pain when I punch someone I got use to it a long time ago, and all though I have not been in a fight since 2016 I can still punch someone bigger then me and my hand still won't hurt.

Adrenaline has different degrees to it. Unless you are a complete noob in physical confrontations, your adrenaline wont likely be high enough to punch hard enough to break own hand.

Even if you are complete noob, your adrenaline is more likely to make you start a pushing, or slapping feast, as those are more natural actions. Or even if you do make a fist, you probably start throwing multiple short arm punches. Why? Because that is also more natural than winding back and letting out a hook, or straight which require use of whole body coordination. I doubt you get enough power with short arm punches to actually fracture hand.

Last edited:
Adrenaline has different degrees to it. Unless you are a complete noob in physical confrontations, your adrenaline wont likely be high enough to punch hard enough to break own hand.

Even if you are complete noob, and your adrenaline is more likely to make you start a pushing, or slapping, as those are more natural position. Or even if you do make a fist, you probably start throwing multiple short arm punches. Why? Because that is also more natural than winding back and letting out a hook, or straight which require use of whole body coordination. I doubt you get enough power with short arm punches to actually fracture hand.

Well that's not what I've experienced, but I guess everyone's experience is different.

As a paramedic, are you claiming you have been called to scenes, in which one or all parties required medical attention after being beaten by bare fists? Well let me ask you, is it women victims of domestic abuse, or many against one? Again, those are extremes.

That same reasoning behind reasonable effort to avoid confrontation, can also be applied to avoiding the need to injure oneself when defending oneself against another bare fisted attacker. There are so many things you can do against someone attacking you with just bare fists, and shoes before needing to risk grievous bodily harm to oneself.

edit, on top of all that,

I dont believe it is possible to actually punch someone hard enough to break your own hand on purpose. Humans have something called Neural Inhibitors that prevent us from hurting ourselves. Its the same nervous reaction that causes us to pull our hand out of a burning fire.

And even if you do manage to break your hand on someones face, it may not even knockout or disable your opponent enough. The face bones are thicker and harder than the little sinews of the hand.

I have broken my hand on someone's head. I have watched my friends break their hands on people's heads. I have responded to men/women/kids who have needed medical attention for being punched in the head. None of these are 'extreme' and happen on a daily basis. I am not sure what you mean by not being able to break your hand on purpose? I can assure you Ive never broken anything on purpose lol...

My background is not solely as a paramedic; if there is a physical threat underway you do as much damage in as little time as possible and then get away. UNLESS you can avoid a conflict in the first place.

Depends on what you want to achieve.

Fun fact: fighting for self-preservation and 'self-defense' are two different yet overlapping things. Why? Because many people don't know or won't accept that 'self-defense' is a fucking ruleset. Just like boxing rules, Unified MMA rules, IBJJF rules, etc. There are do's and don'ts and it all depends on your local laws. Break those rules, you'll get the law on your ass if you haven't got the money (or connections or both). That's why many recommend the outstretched palm: it may not look aggressive depending on the supporting actions, helping you stay within the ruleset of 'self-defense.' On the other hand, if your dad is Li Gang, you're all set.

I have broken my hand on someone's head. I have watched my friends break their hands on people's heads. I have responded to men/women/kids who have needed medical attention for being punched in the head. None of these are 'extreme' and happen on a daily basis. I am not sure what you mean by not being able to break your hand on purpose? I can assure you Ive never broken anything on purpose lol...

My background is not solely as a paramedic; if there is a physical threat underway you do as much damage in as little time as possible and then get away. UNLESS you can avoid a conflict in the first place.

I have seen the complete opposite. I have seen people get into clinch, and then peg each on the head rapid fire with short arm punches and not break their hands. Or just throw quick short arm punches to other areas of the head/face that are less hard but will sting badly like the mouth, nose. With hooks, you can throw baby hooks to the temple region. They dont have to be powerful. It will sting even with weak strikes.

I have seen fights ended not with a flat out knockout of one guy. Just quick short exchange where one guy looks bad enough is usually all it takes to end it. You just have to sting the guy a little, show him you aint backing down, and they will usually lose heart, and back off. The worse I have ever seen is a black eye, or bloody nose, and bruised knuckles.

I have to ask you, you say you and your friends broke you hands on some other guys head. Did you or your friends fracture the other guys skull, or at least knocked them cold?

Punch with a closed fist.

Many have never even attempted an open palm strike in their lives and we all know a street fight is no place to 'experiment'. Just stick to the basics and do what works.

I have seen the complete opposite. I have seen people get into clinch, and then peg each on the head rapid fire with short arm punches and not break their hands. Or just throw quick short arm punches to other areas of the head/face that are less hard but will sting badly like the mouth, nose. With hooks, you can throw baby hooks to the temple region. They dont have to be powerful. It will sting even with weak strikes.

I have seen fights ended not with a flat out knockout of one guy. Just quick short exchange where one guy looks bad enough is usually all it takes to end it. You just have to sting the guy a little, show him you aint backing down, and they will usually lose heart, and back off. The worse I have ever seen is a black eye, or bloody nose, and bruised knuckles.

I have to ask you, you say you and your friends broke you hands on some other guys head. Did you or your friends fracture the other guys skull, or at least knocked them cold?

I could go on with endless anecdotal stories about fights Ive been in or my friends, but let's be serious. You are on here advocating for playing with, or holding back or something when involved in a street fight. You also make alot of assumptions about how people will react in a fight. My experience and training tells me you dont play the fuck around game with someone in a hand to hand fight. You do what you need to and get away.

I am not talking about kicking someone's head when they are on the ground cold here...I am talking about using hardcore brute force and skill to take away a threat in as little time as possible before getting away.

Infact, if I could specifically choose one type of person to end up in a conflict against, it would be against someone who underestimates my response or doesn't go full retard to put me down ASAP.

Back