Barnett vs Aleks II is a real possibility now that UFC released Barnett.

Well Aleks is roided like crazy right now so he's looking explosive as ever and Josh clearly would be taking his supplements again if they fought in Russia so it's a toss up. I'd say Barnett gets the sub.

Aleks by KO as he looks like he's seriously training these days.

Who wins the rematch?

As uber as Aleks has looked he's gotten taken down relatively easy in his last fights and Barnett won't let him get up or survive that I'd bet the house on WARMASTER.

But on a separate thought I'd rather see Fedor vs Barnett finally happen since we just got treated to Mir vs fedor.

Either way before retirement he has to face an Emelianenko lol.

Josh is my all-time favorite HW and I'd love to see him make some noise somewhere.

Im thinking Bellator grabs him and after Mir gets a win in whatever show he is going to he will come back and fight Barnett

I think at this stage Aleks vs Croco 2 would be more intriguing than Aleks vs Barnett 2, but I'd be happy with either.

Good question...
Haven't thought about that one...

Who knows how Barnett will look like, since his last fight is like 2 years ago or something...

On the other hand...Aleks TDD didn't look great against Gonzaga...but he did nothing with it.

I think it will either look like their first fight or similar to Aleks last fight...with Barnett doing more work than Gonzaga

War Aleks. Barnett will try to stand with him and get ktfo...

Josh Barnett is a piece of shit. Aleks is probably also a piece of shit (i don't remember why he went to jail).

They should start having a piece of shit OW championship. These guys are the first contenders. Who gets winner? Datsik?

Barnett taps him, his grappling is levels above Aleks and Gonzaga already showed that weakness in Aleks game.

Josh will probably want a good 6 months to, uh, eat a lot of vegetables, since it's obvious Aleks has been enjoying the benefits of zero drug testing. I agree with the other poster than Josh should be able to do what Gonzaga did for the entire fight--coming away with a UD or submission. Aleks has a puncher's chance, though.

While I know that Aleks has screwed up again and has lost since this thread was made a couple years ago, I wanted to bump this to remind people how awesome their original fight was. If you haven't watched it, watch it as it shows how fluid and amazing Aleks' boxing was and how tough and conditioned Barnett was. Solid catch wrestling W for the Josh and a great display of how good Aleks was at his peak.

That 10 minute first round in Pride was a nasty thing, too. If Derrick Lewis were to fight at this pace for 10 minutes straight... well, he'd most likely have a heart attack at the 7 minute mark so it's kind of a non-issue!

Barnett is old. But he’s one of the greatest skilled hw of all time and it doesn’t matter whoS roided our Barnett should get him down and submit him.

big fans of both guys tough.

Barnett to win, does Aleks even grapple any more? He’s done plenty of boxing but his grappling has looked really bad. Barnett should be able to sub him.

Barnett is still a high enough ranked heavyweight, Aleks hasn’t beat anyone good and isn’t close to being ranked.

Barnett to win, does Aleks even grapple any more?

It seems he's mastered the art of forgetting how to grapple first popularized by Sergei Kharitonov. The key is to never defend takedowns and seemingly deliberately throw yourself into bad positions and submissions that you demonstrated you could escape from easily a decade ago.

It's so damn frustrating to behold...

Back