Barrera didn't step up when Naz was in his prime

Dont Frye

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Prince is the Featherweight GOAT.

And its not even close.

Go back to the Heavies.

Actually it's the other way around. Barrerra was the one seen to be out of his prime, then he shocked everyone by putting a schooling on Naz.

Actually it's the other way around. Barrerra was the one seen to be out of his prime, then he shocked everyone by putting a schooling on Naz.

And the greatest half-nelson facial corner slam of all time.

Great fighter, no character and little mental strength. 1 loss ruined him. Probably one of my all time favourite fights
He believed the shit people were shoveling him, barely trained, honestly thought his talent would beat anyone and no longer needed proper training camps or game plans.
When a fighter ditches his trainer, the one he's been with since 9 years old and got him to the top and decides his brothers and friends know better (they literally knew fuck all), he's going to get a rude awakening and Barrera was that awakening.
A Naseem with Brendan Ingles in his corner, training him and guiding him walks through Barrera but a Naseem that decides he knows everything and puts his dickhead brothers in charge deserves to fail.
He still managed to make a fight of it though, Naz could've been a legitimate legend, he was fucking insanely good.
If you're genuinely interested take a look at this documentary, it highlights exactly what an arrogant prick he became, I mean hiring a couple of Mexican kids to spar with in his villa for a couple of days...jesus.

They weren't in the same weight class.

Sal Sanchez and Lomachenko would whoop his ass, and I love Hamed

Wasted talent, he let his ego get in the way, but it was always likely to happen with someone who acted ike he did

Sal Sanchez and Lomachenko would whoop his ass, and I love Hamed
Hamed was one of my all time favourite boxers but I can't even begin to imagine how bad Lomachenko would have made him look if they'd have fought. It would be a total white wash.

Wasted talent, he let his ego get in the way, but it was always likely to happen with someone who acted ike he did
Someone really needs to shop Jordan cry face on that dude.

jesus christ, people really buy into hype....
he fought one good fighter and got absolutely schooled !
everyone who knew anything about boxing and actually was alive to watch boxing in the 90's knew - stop watching hbo classics, listening to media hype and ask your dads lol.

200w.gif

Would have liked to have seen Hamed in more big name fights.

I think a Morales fight would look a lot like Barrera.

A fight against Pacquiao would have been very interesting though.

Not sure Barrera beats him ten times out of ten as well he was a big underdog for a reason.

Sigh...if only Hamed had kept his WBO title and defended against Kovacs, history could have turned out differently. He would have sparked Koko in under 5 rounds, kept his title and maybe avoided Barrera altogether.

Back