Barrera vs Marquez?

Both great fighters and champions. You can argue that the Pac trilogy puts Marquez ahead. But in terms of sheer memorable moments...MAB's trilogy against Morales and his win against Hamed put him ahead for me. To this day i have never seen a trilogy filled with more sheer action, skill, and utter disdain for each other than the MAB vs. Morales fights. His win against Hamed IN the UK was also pretty iconic. I think it terms of pure talent, Morales was actually the best of the 3 great Mexican champions. But he too often let his machismo make him fight emotionally and disregard ring tactics. Also, the MAB vs Marquez fight was one of the most underrated fights i can recall. Too bad we never saw a prime Morales vs. Marquez.

Both great fighters and champions. You can argue that the Pac trilogy puts Marquez ahead. But in terms of sheer memorable moments...MAB's trilogy against Morales and his win against Hamed put him ahead for me. To this day i have never seen a trilogy filled with more sheer action, skill, and utter disdain for each other than the MAB vs. Morales fights. His win against Hamed IN the UK was also pretty iconic. I think it terms of pure talent, Morales was actually the best of the 3 great Mexican champions. But he too often let his machismo make him fight emotionally and disregard ring tactics. Also, the MAB vs Marquez fight was one of the most underrated fights i can recall. Too bad we never saw a prime Morales vs. Marquez.

Good post, agree with all points.

JMM. No disrespect to Barrera, though.

Marquez. Morales. Barrera...the Hamed win was big but not as big as beating Pacquiao (something the other two guys managed to do).

Marquez had the biggest win, but also fought more inconsistently.

I think Barrera was better, but he didn't reach the Zenith Marquez did.

Morales was hands down the best of the three.

JMM

Though he did it the Couture, Hendo, Belfort route obviously.

Back