Bas Rutten's Body Action System

I've got my BOB for $65 at an estate sale since the former owner had his home foreclosed :icon_chee

Looking at that shit makes me sick :(

Thing is, I don't think it's being marketed to "us". It looks like it's being marketed to the out of shape general public, late 20s to mid 40s. I mean, looking at it, for a home "gym" system I like it, and even as a training tool it doesn't look like a bad piece - just not at that price. If it was marketed to our niche, it would likely be A LOT cheaper because most of us would know better.

Thing is, I don't think it's being marketed to "us". It looks like it's being marketed to the out of shape general public, late 20s to mid 40s. I mean, looking at it, for a home "gym" system I like it, and even as a training tool it doesn't look like a bad piece - just not at that price. If it was marketed to our niche, it would likely be A LOT cheaper because most of us would know better.

Taking your post in perspective in reference to the price, that target group spend a lot of money ($ 1200 - 3000) on bowflexes and use those things for 90 days and then join a gym. You dont get cardio with those and learn anything.

They also want $ 280 for a good thai bag or wave master and you really cant do uppercuts and some other things, that this device allows. Also you have to have an area to hang it and may even have to purchase a bag system for that.

Bas also gives you two workout DVD's, etc. that you dont get with your heavy bag purchase.

I think it will sell well to that audience. For me it's just too much money haha.

anyone actually buy this thing and have any reviews on it? I mean it looks like fun and you can't uppercut heavy bags.

Bumping this thread with Bas's response (got it from his forum):

"I lost my password from my forum, haha
anyway, the stand is very solid. In the clip from the Perfect sleep we "staged" the whole thing, I made sure that we had no weigth on the right side of the stand because otherwise the stand would maybe get damaged since I planned on throwing it down. You can see that we tried to hide that with kicking shields.

That is the reason the stand fell down.

Listen guys, I never endorsed a product that I don't believe in. The offered me a lot of things like gear, supplements etc. The only supplement that I endorse is GLC 200, the best glucosamine condroiten there is. I have fighter friends who endorse different brands glucosamine but they ask me for the GLC, why? Because I only endorse products that I believe in. Sure it has hurt me in the wallet, but that's just the way I am.

I broke like 5 of these stands, the people got crazy from me, but I said that I don't want it on the market if I could break it since it's my name that's on the line here. It took us two years to get it perfect!

The ones that we sell now, I kicked, punched, kneed all as hard as I could, nothing happened, I am doing this now for like 4 months, Kimbo, Benji Radach, Brad Blackburn, myself, many people at my gym, and the stand is still the same. I even kick the head!

Over the years you heard me always say that many fighters don't AIM for their punches, kicks, etc. Now you HAVE to aim, if you go for the targets and you hit them the way they are shaped, you not only aim but also have the right form.

There is no impact on your joints, No upper cuts on a bag either!

If you have a heavy bag and you hit body shots like you have to (a little diagonal upwards), you jam your wrists. If you kick wrong, what 80% of people who train martial arts do, and that is NOT opening their hips when they kick, they kick in an angle upwards, which is really bad for your knees because every time they twist a little bit.

Sure the stand moves but that has a reason, if we would bold it to the ground it would break, its needs to move to absorb the impact the right way. If you fill the bags with sand, just fill them up good, the stand will move around, but not a lot. If you use lead shot WITH sand (or only lead shot) it's almost bolted to the ground, but again it HAS to move because otherwise there is too much force that goes in the stand, so don't fill the bags all the way up with lead shot.

If you are on a smooth floor, it will slide more of course. I have the stand in my back yard, sure it moves around little bit, but that's me beating it. Also, if you hit it hard, it will move around less then when you hit it soft.
It's not like you hit the stand and with every punch you hit it backwards or to the side. It moves with me about 2 feet after a 30 minute HELL workout! If you kick the stand itself and not the targets, then YES, you will move it out of place, but you will also hurt yourself, haha. Just hit and kick it like I tell you to do on the video that comes with it, and that is hitting the pads, not the frame, you are good to go.

If you have the Bas Rutten MMA workout, you will be super excited when using it on the stand (that's what I do and I love it) and you will get WAY faster tired because now you have impact, you have your "opponent" in front of you and want to hurt him.

That's it, on top of that, you don't need gloves (with gloves you will train your shoulders more) and there is no power that comes back to you and will "shoot" in your joints so that you, like me, develop tendonitis.

Godspeed and party on!

Bas"

i want to try one of these out before i purchase. i dont see any money back qurantees anywhere so f this until its in a sports store.

Bas demonstrating the B.A.S at IMMAE

YouTube - IMMAE 2009-BAS RUTTEN DEMO

Looks like it could be a decent piece of kit to train with for those times you don't have a pad holder.

I wonder how much punishment it can take before it starts to break down. i.e. would it last in a real gym?

The first guy and Bas looked great working on it. The last guy was awful, but at least he had a nice JACO t-shirt on. :icon_lol:

This thing LOOKS flimsy, but they talk about having some high tech impact absorb system and stuff. This is ground-mounted (not ceiling like heavy bag) and clearly the way it doesn't fall over is due to the huge wide base. If anyone has tried those heavy 'bag's (punching/kicking stands) even when you fill them with water or sand at the base, it will still tend to fall over when you put your weight into a shot. The only benefit to this (much like heavy bag) is the ability to circle it.

With BAS you can't circle and need to come back to it, but that's a small price to pay for the variety it offers. Of course, the actual PRICE is no small price to pay, half a grand, ouch.

I'm considering it. I have a very small apartment so I don't have room for a heavy bag with a stand and I can knock a Wavemaster around all over the place. From what I understand, this thing doesn't really move around all that much.

Looks cool as hell, but dunno about long term durability of this product and the price is kinda high.

The noise level seems to prevent one from using it in an apartment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back