PC Battlebit Remastered

I was going to create a thread on this, I posted about it in the what are you playing thread. This is the best $15 usd you will ever spend on a game.
Never played minecraft but the low poly thing is cool, makes it feel more like a game than a chore. Battlebit has a great blend of accessible mil sim and your more arcade noob shooters like battlefield or cod. It reminds me of the good old days of a firearms mod for HL and Battlefield Vietnam/2 and yeah the proximity/death mic is damn hilarious. The general mechanics, gun mods and progression is great without any monetary crap. 254 player capture the flag is just insanity.

Fortunately it's PC only so there's no console/control pad aim assist noobs.

I was going to create a thread on this, I posted about it in the what are you playing thread. This is the best $15 usd you will ever spend on a game.
Never played minecraft but the low poly thing is cool, makes it feel more like a game than a chore. Battlebit has a great blend of accessible mil sim and your more arcade noob shooters like battlefield or cod. It reminds me of the good old days of a firearms mod for HL and Battlefield Vietnam/2 and yeah the proximity/death mic is damn hilarious. The general mechanics, gun mods and progression is great without any monetary crap. 254 player capture the flag is just insanity.

Fortunately it's PC only so there's no console/control pad aim assist noobs.
I wouldn’t say it resembles a milsim in anyway, it’s really far more like a battlefield style arcade shooter.

What sets it apart is the combination of 256 player maps, destructible environments, and vehicles, all while maintaining a high FPS even on older machines. Can’t think of another game that can hit all of those points or even most of them.

Oh and the death mic, the death mic is friggin hilarious.

I wouldn’t say it resembles a milsim in anyways, it’s really far more like a battlefield style arcade shooter.

What sets it apart is the combination of 256 player maps. destructible environments, and vehicles, all while maintaining a high FPS even on older machines. Can’t think of another game that can hit all of those points or even most of them.

It was originally intended as a mil sim but then the dev path changed, it has a blend of more traditional mil sim with things like it being more class and squad based format and really requires co-ordinated team play, bullet drop/scope glare rather than what I'd typically call arcade team death match masquerading as conquest mode and more fantasy kind of physics bs stuff like ejecting from a plane and getting a rpg plane kill, you can vault stuff but will die from a reasonable distance fall, I said it's more accessible than Arma/Tarkov etc and I wouldn't exactly call it purely arcade either, it hits that sweet spot that would appeal to fans of either genre of shooter imo.

The huge maps and player count and the destructible environments are def the draw card though.

I try not to shit on the game to hard publicly for its a valiant base game by such a small development team.

EA/Dice put Battlefield 2042 earlier this month on maintenance mode. Hitreg is now back to its 2021 launch state. While Battlebit does also have equally bad hitreg im torn on what title to suggest now if someone asks.

I try not to shit on the game to hard publicly for its a valiant base game by such a small development team.

EA/Dice put Battlefield 2042 earlier this month on maintenance mode. Hitreg is now back to its 2021 launch state. While Battlebit does also have equally bad hitreg im torn on what title to suggest now if someone asks.

The netcode for hitreg on such large servers and people playing at greatly differently latencies is always going to be iffy, outside of playing on servers in your city with others at like max 5ms/LAN is the only thing that will prevent that.
I see the Battlebit devs are fixing the lean spamming issue for those who exploit the hitreg in the next update.

War Thunder 10 years later still hasn't gotten it down with ghost shells in tank rb that just vanish or do no damage/ricochet or dont set off ammo. The hitreg for planes is pretty good though.

The netcode for hitreg on such large servers and people playing at greatly differently latencies is always going to be iffy,

Its a limitation of the default network coding of the Unity engine. Escape from Tarkov has the same problem.

Back