Battlefield 5 reveal set for May 23. UPDATE: WW2 Confirmed!

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/16/battlefield-5-live-reveal-confirmed-may-23/
Battlefield-5.jpg

EA’s teaser site for Battlefield has been updated and confirms a Battlefield 5 reveal set for May 23.

The teaser site was discovered last week in a Battlefield 1 Easter Egg. EA and DICE have since ramped up the hype with Morse code messages and other hints on their respective Twitter accounts.

Today, the Battlefield Twitter account linked to the recently discovered Battlefield website which has now been updated with confirmation of the Battlefield 5 reveal.

The livestream is scheduled for 1 PM PDT/4 PM EDT/9PM BST/ 10 PM CET on Wednesday, May 23. As well as featuring the dev team, the livestream will be hosted by The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah.

There have bee rumors that this year’s Battlefield might include a battle royal mode. Earlier this month, EA told investors that the title will feature a new mode that’s “unique and brings new challenges,” so we’ll hopefully get a definitive answer on the subject next week.

You can watch the livestream on YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, and of course, over on the Battlefield website.

Is anyone else excited for this? A battle royal mode? We all know the competition between fortnite and PUB but as i have heard from here and a couple other people both BF 5 and COD might be rolling out there own BR mode.

Rip FN/PUB ?

Last edited:
I don't care anymore. Each game since Bad Company 2 has reduced the dynamism in the destruction. It's just another lame feature, and not something that drastically changes that area of the map.

BF1 made me not care, like soooo bad.

I don't care anymore. Each game since Bad Company 2 has reduced the dynamism in the destruction. It's just another lame feature, and not something that drastically changes that area of the map.

BF1 made me not care, like soooo bad.
Bf3 and 4 were actually pretty good. Did you play those ones?

Bf3 and 4 were actually pretty good. Did you play those ones?

Yes. But the destruction in Bad Company was what hooked me, and they basically turned it into set pieces being destroyed. It lacked the flavor of Bad Company 2 imho. If they made one with the tight gameplay of BF4 with the destruction of BC2, it would be my favorite mp fps ever.

I hope it is good, BF1 didn't get me hooked sadly. But BF4 was awesome. I hope they make some DLC map like operation Metro. That map was non-stop craziness.

I hope it is good, BF1 didn't get me hooked sadly. But BF4 was awesome. I hope they make some DLC map like operation Metro. That map was non-stop craziness.
I loved metro it was such a good map of push and pull. Through the madness there actually was a lot of strategy.

Last edited:
i know we had modern Battlefield for a while now but for me i find WWI and WWII to be such a boring theme so im hoping for either a modern Battlefield or a future one like 2142 or better yet a Planetside 2 like Battlefield game

Yes. But the destruction in Bad Company was what hooked me, and they basically turned it into set pieces being destroyed. It lacked the flavor of Bad Company 2 imho. If they made one with the tight gameplay of BF4 with the destruction of BC2, it would be my favorite mp fps ever.

I noticed BC2 is the game all the causals cry about. BF has always been about large scale warfare not stripped down MW clones

I really hope it doesn’t go that way if it does I’m done with it

I'm hoping for WW2. V for victory.

WW2 Operations mode would be sick.

I just want to know what they mean by "Battlefield will never be the same." That's a pretty bold statement.

I'd love to see them do something drastically different because Battlefield is in dire need of a true refresh IMO, but I also hope it isn't just the Battle Royale mode that's been rumored for quite some time now.

looks like its gonna be WWII, bleugh

So you like space games or you like battlefield? Cant have both.

Just LOL at some comments here,keep BF BATTLEFIELD! why go futuristic or into outterspace??

Shame shame!

Ive been dying for another vietnam game though ill settle for killing sum nahseez!

So you like space games or you like battlefield? Cant have both.

Just LOL at some comments here,keep BF BATTLEFIELD! why go futuristic or into outterspace??

Shame shame!
To be fair though, Battlefield 2142 is arguably the best Battlefield of all time (and Titan mode is THE BEST Battlefield mode of all time!).

Back