BBC 2: Lost Boys Whats Going Wrong For Asian Men?

Is not that the word asian is wrong (it is'nt), is just purposely deceiving

"Oriental" started off being a term for Middle Easterners. It shifted east with contact and interaction.
"Asian" replaced "Oriental" in the UK as well, it's just that by "default" Asian refers to the Indian subcontinent due to demographics, whereas "East Asian" is specified (or simply referred to as "Chinese" by the ignorant).
We see a similar effect in Australia, with "Asian" meaning East/S.E. Asians by default, and anyone from the Indian subcontinent tends to be labelled "Indian".
In most Commonwealth nations "oriental" just became old fashioned rather than being ditched for PC reasons.
Stuck in the era of early 20th century pulp fiction.
Oriental+Stories+Magazine+Cover+1-Oct.-Nov.+1930.jpg

Getting older has given me perspective. The travelling and working abroad has also been there to give me more knowledge about the distinct physical appearance from the people I have met. And I have all my life been curious to where people come from.

I spend a lot of time in the train and while waiting at the central station, I´m not in smartphone mode. I look around me and see all the people that are not Swedish natives. I´m starting my own mind game. Where does he come from? Iraque? Somalia? Uganda? Ghana? India? When I have targeted a victim I usually ask what platform the specific train depart from and then a quickly, "sorry to ask, but what country do your family come from"?

I´ll get my answer and most of the time I was correct.

Asian, African, SE-Asian.... I don´t like it is a accepted custom for folks to generalize. Why not call it by country?

Abid-Naseer-621833.jpg

6256746447_37d42356f5_b.jpg

Japanese-women.jpeg

They are all asians per say. But I think it´s so wrong. Why not get out in the world, be more open minded and learn about other folks? If more people did that, we would have less problems in the world.

Last edited:
Islam isn’t a race so fuck right on off with using the “racist” thing here.

And ofcource the Bushbreed would enter the civilized world from his cave, to give us his pristine knowledge.

And ofcource the Bushbreed would enter the civilized world from his cave, to give us his pristine knowledge.

Bushbreed??? Cave??? What are you even talking about???

Are you really going to try to say Islam is a race??? Because last time I checked it was a religion (a really twisted one at that). Also, you can’t convert to a different race like you can a religion. Therefore you can’t be racist against Islam.

Getting older has given me perspective. The travelling and working abroad has also been there to give me more knowledge about the destinct physical appearance from the people I have met. And I have all my life been curious to where people come from.

I spend a lot of time in the train and while waiting at the central station, I´m not in smartphone mode. I look around me and see all the people that are not Swedish natives. I´m starting my own mind game. Where does he come from? Iraque? Somalia? Uganda? Ghana? India? When I have targeted a victim I usually ask what platform the specific train depart from and then a quickly, "sorry to ask, but what country do your family come from"?

Asian, African, SE-Asian.... I don´t like it is a accepted custom for folks to generalize. Why not call it by country?

Abid-Naseer-621833.jpg

Japanese-women.jpeg

They are all asians per say. But I think it´s so wrong. Why not get out in the world, be more open minded and learn about other folks? If more people did that, we would have less problems in the world.

Most such broad generalisations are pretty meaningless, and becoming more so as transportation and communications technology leads to more dispersal and interaction of groups which have been historically isolated.
In PNG, due to the historical isolation of tribes, the locals can often tell at a glance which bay or mountain region someone is from. As the population urbanises, the tribal barriers break down and a common language is used, the distinctions are no longer as obvious and a broader national identity forms. Inevitably we're seeing the same thing globally.
There'll always be other ways to divide up populations though. Even if geography and appearance become less meaningful. It'll take a while before technology can offer seamless, automatic translation of language for instance, and if anything there's a good chance that economic differences could further polarise.

Is not that the word asian is wrong (it is'nt), is just purposely deceiving

It's not a very precise term, like European for all the diverse people of Europe. It isn't purposeful though. Using the term Muslim would be both more inaccurate and would make people think of Arabs rather than Indian sub continent.

Getting older has given me perspective. The travelling and working abroad has also been there to give me more knowledge about the destinct physical appearance from the people I have met. And I have all my life been curious to where people come from.

Abid-Naseer-621833.jpg

Japanese-women.jpeg

Can I guess the people in that photo?

From top to bottom.
Uzbek
Malaysian
Chinese.

I am Asian my self pilipino.

Most such broad generalisations are pretty meaningless, and becoming more so as transportation and communications technology leads to more dispersal and interaction of groups which have been historically isolated.
In PNG, due to the historical isolation of tribes, the locals can often tell at a glance which bay or mountain region someone is from. As the population urbanises, the tribal barriers break down and a common language is used, the distinctions are no longer as obvious and a broader national identity forms. Inevitably we're seeing the same thing globally.
There'll always be other ways to divide up populations though. Even if geography and appearance become less meaningful. It'll take a while before technology can offer seamless, automatic translation of language for instance, and if anything there's a good chance that economic differences could further polarise.

Very informative, and thank you very much for your input. And talk about micro-management level! Bay and mountain region. But these kind of extreme observations can only happen in areas where people do not get in harms way of urbanization. I would very much think that it could also be a similar factor with a country such as Nepal.

It's not a very precise term, like European for all the diverse people of Europe. It isn't purposeful though. Using the term Muslim would be both more inaccurate and would make people think of Arabs rather than Indian sub continent.

Yeah, I know some americans from Thailand and they would label us as Europeans and in many cases mistake us with Switzerland. We are indeed very different country by country in Europe

Can I guess the people in that photo?

From top to bottom.
Uzbek
Malaysian
Chinese.

I am Asian my self pilipino.

The correct answer my friend is.

1. Pakistan
2. Thailand
3. Japan(I made it harder picking a picture with a chinese looking background)

1. Pakistan
2. Thailand

Hahahaha yeah I almost said Japanese but check the lanterns and the written characters and saw Chinese style I got lazy and just went with Chinese but I have feeling it is a trick!

1. Pakistan
2. Thailand
To be honest the third pick could have been anything from Japanese,Chinese,south korean, or Thai,

You would'nt know until you heard them speaking

To be honest the third pick could have been anything from Japanese,Chinese,south korean, or Thai,

You would'nt know until you heard them speaking

Maybe it is just me, but I have lived in Thailand for full 5 years and the only thais that look like the woman in the third, are the ones that are using whitening cream, and even after they have done so, they more look like a fusion between surgically made south-koreans and whites.

For me the woman is very much Japanese looking.

xjzMdxi.jpg

This is from a Thai-commerical, and most of them is about being as white as possible. The girl in this specific one does have looks and clean whitness as an surgically made s-korean, with a very a long neck. Thaipeople in general are missing the bone structure that shape the nose as whites have, and therefore most of them are having a flat nose, as the second picture in my initial post showed.

Last edited:
Whenever I see "BBC" I realize just how much the internet has ruined me.
Lol..I expected this thread(by title) to be about ...

Asian men(Japanese/Chinese type) to be on the losing end of sexual desire by the opposite sex because of big black..... you know the rest.

Yup I’m ruined aswell.

I was'nt thinking "muslims" either, use pakistans or whatever and call it a day

"Asian" is used on purpose to place them in a macro group that include ethnicities the general public is'nt biased against (like east or south east asians) to avoid public opinion to focus against a specific ethnic group even if is fault of that specific group and the negativity is deserved

As italian myself will be like saying "europeans" while talking about mafia to don't hurt italians sensibility lol
Fuck that shit, thank you

"Asians"
giphy.gif

They peaceful by any chance?

Asian, asian and asian. They call themself asian all the time in the docu. Do you native brits also call people from Pakistan asians?

It just don´t sound right in my ears. If I see one that is pakistani looking walking on the street, the first thought on mine would not be Asian. I would more likely think of him as an Indian coming from the northwest part of India.

Asian means anyone from the Asia continent. It's not limited to East Asia. Asia is the biggest continent and South Asia and Middle East are part of Asia.
We all learn this in 2nd grade but you all seem to have learning deficiencies which's forgiveable.
If you're using the retarded American definition then it really doesn't make any sense. If you're going to include only one part( East Asia) as Asian then what continent does the rest of the land until Europe is part of? Or do you consider them European already? :rolleyes:
Is there a new continent separate from East Asia that was recently made up to accommodate an updated definition?
No it's just stupid American education.

Here's the map,

AsiaPolitical.jpg

How could it be more inaccurate? There are over 4.5 billion "Asians" and 1.6 billion Muslims. Just by numbers alone it's a much more accurate descriptor. They could also say mammal or human as those are accurate terms as well. Won't someone think of the vertibrates?!?

Asian is a purposefully vague term. It's not Asian Hindus or Sikhs or Taoists or atheists being a PITA after all.

Asian means anyone from the Asia continent. It's not limited to East Asia. Asia is the biggest continent and South Asia and Middle East are part of Asia.
We all learn this in 2nd grade but you all seem to have learning deficiencies which's forgiveable.

If you're using the retarded American definition then it really doesn't make any sense. If you're going to include only one part( East Asia) as Asian then what continent does the rest of the land until Europe is part of? Or do you consider them European already? :rolleyes:
Is there a new continent separate from East Asia that was recently made up to accommodate an updated definition?
No it's just stupid American education.

I´m quite positive the majority of the posters in this thread know this. What you totally miss out, is the discussion we are having about Pakistani and the definition "Asian" in the eye of the general population of the world.

I´m quite positive the majority of the posters in this thread know this. What you totally miss out, is the discussion we are having about Pakistani and the definition "Asian" in the eye of the general population of the world.

They come from Asia and are therefore Asian. Is it so difficult to comprehend this?
I know a lot of you are thick but even this beyond the norm.
Let's use another retarded American term and call all of them "Muslim". Which's completely nonsensical. Using Asian for them is right term as it can be used collectively for anyone from that continent.
Labelling groups itself is stupid anyway.

They come from Asia and are therefore Asian. Is it so difficult to comprehend this?
I know a lot of you are thick but even this beyond the norm.
Let's use another retarded American term and call all of them "Muslim". Which's completely nonsensical. Using Asian for them is right term as it can be used collectively for anyone from that continent.
Labelling groups itself is stupid anyway.
Satire? It must be, sarcastically speaking.

Asian has historically been the term used in the UK for people from the Indian Sub continent (Pakistan, Bangladesh and India essentially). As this also included large amounts of Sikhs, Hindus, Jains etc it is not just an attempt to avoid using the term Muslim.
The fanatics just cannot accept this.

Back