Be ruled by trash or admit you were wrong?

scream-no.gif

No matter how often I see this gif I still laugh every damn time.

Literally every day, more and more off-putting, concerning and sometimes frightening information comes out regarding the US president, Donald Trump. At best, he's a morally bankrupt liar and swindler, at worst he could be a traitor in collusion with one of the country's biggest enemies.

Despite this however, whenever something new is revealed his supporters continue defending him as vehemently as ever, whether through conspiracy theories about the FBI and Robert mueller, changing the topic to criticism of Hilary Clinton, liberal media and deep state theories, or prejudicial rhetoric. The worse he looks, the deeper they dig in the heels. All while, unless you are a huge corporation, he hasn't done shit to help you. And on top of it, although his supporters are (or claim) to be conservatives, he consistently goes against traditional conservative positions on especially on family values, fiscal conservatism, national security, Christian values and states rights.

What will it take to convince Trump supporters to turn against him? Would proof of perjury or campaign finance violations be enough? From what I see, even if he was proven guilty of either his supporters wouldn't care, it'd just be a fake news liberal conspiracy. Murder? Secrets to the Russians?

To me it seems like the only thing that would convince his supporters to change their minds would be if it came out he was banging Hilary

tenor.gif

You do know that if people "decided to turn against trump" you dont just get to wake up tomorrow and select a new president, right? The world doesnt work like that. You CANT always get what you want. Wtf were your parents teaching you?

No but people can come out and vote the garbage republicans out of office during the 2018 election cycle. The same congress who backs our orange idiot.

Leftists should look in the mirror before they cast stones. You actually tried to put up Hillary Clinton for President and now want to cry about trash and lawlessness?

Trump has all sorts of faults. No doubt. But, he will be forgiven if he delivers on:

• The Economy / Jobs
  • Tax Cuts
  • Immigration
  • Fixing Health Care

He screwed up on the budget. The Swamp got their gluttonous dollar amounts.

Oh another generic thread bitching about Trump? I've never seen one of these...

Leftists should look in the mirror before they cast stones. You actually tried to put up Hillary Clinton for President and now want to cry about trash and lawlessness?

Trump has all sorts of faults. No doubt. But, he will be forgiven if he delivers on:

• The Economy / Jobs
  • Tax Cuts
  • Immigration
  • Fixing Health Care

He screwed up on the budget. The Swamp got their gluttonous dollar amounts.

I thought leftists were the ones for Bernie, who hated Hilary.....

Trump would have to actually do the opposite of what they elected him for in order for his supporters to change their minds. And that's all on Trump, no amount of anti-Trump propaganda will do that.

Voters put him in that position to do a job, not because he was morally righteous or the "perfect" person to serve as a role model; anything that isn't part of the job description is totally irrelevant. The hysteria over Trump is merely a partisan trivialization that wouldn't appeal to moderates. The average person just wants to go about their lives in peace and comfort, not having to worry about politics. Past administrations didn't allow them that, hence why Americans put Trump in.

If he governs in a way that promotes stability in the country and makes the general consensus happy, then it wouldn't even matter if Mueller came out with evidence of Trump colluding with Russia; it would simply make more Americans supportive of Russia for ultimately improving their living standards.

1st response post of thread:

But...but...Hillary!
There's a really strange thing going on where partisan individuals switch their stance based on who is talking.

In the 2012 campaign, Mitt Romney said that the Russians were the biggest threat to the US in the world. President Obama responded by joking that the Cold War was over, and the 1980's want their foreign policy back.

Now, it's the Democrats who have consciously decided that the Russians are the bad guys, while it's the Republicans who have taken a much softer stance.

My take: The Republicans were correct then, and the Democrats are correct now. That said, this political "flip-flopping" undermines much of the authenticity of such a principled stance. It makes the whole thing appear to be about what is convenient for each of the major parties at the time, not what is actually right or good for America.

Perfect > Trump > anything the democrats have to offer.

I would rather deal with Trump/Pence.

Rather than deal with the consequences of a Hillary Clinton Presidency... Can you imagine who the electoral college would have picked after Hil?

Shit just sent a chill down my spine so bad i almost got a stinger.

Better to just accuse the opposition of being homosexuals on the internet. That's how you win.

There's a really strange thing going on where partisan individuals switch their stance based on who is talking.

In the 2012 campaign, Mitt Romney said that the Russians were the biggest threat to the US in the world. President Obama responded by joking that the Cold War was over, and the 1980's want their foreign policy back.

Now, it's the Democrats who have consciously decided that the Russians are the bad guys, while it's the Republicans who have taken a much softer stance.

My take: The Republicans were correct then, and the Democrats are correct now. That said, this political "flip-flopping" undermines much of the authenticity of such a principled stance. It makes the whole thing appear to be about what is convenient for each of the major parties at the time, not what is actually right or good for America.

This has been widely admitted. I think in the interest of attacking the perilous "both sides" narrative, it needs to be acknowledged that, within the Russia argument, one group was wrong and changed their mind when they learned they were wrong, and about half of the other group intentionally abandoned what they felt was right. The second is flip-flopping at its worst, while the first is not flip-flopping at all.

He fails a bunch of character tests, but as long as we're not starting any new wars and the economy is strong, he's going to be seen as more of a terrible dude than a terrible president. If his party performs well in 2018, and he doesn't run into a war/economy problem, his first term be remembered as successful. That's a lot of conditions, sure, but none of those things is all that improbable.

This has been widely admitted. I think in the interest of attacking the perilous "both sides" narrative, it needs to be acknowledged that, within the Russia argument, one group was wrong and changed their mind when they learned they were wrong, and about half of the other group intentionally abandoned what they felt was right. The second is flip-flopping at its worst, while the first is not flip-flopping at all.
Within the context of Russia, there are some questions that need to answered: Yes, the Russians are the "bad guys" here for sure, nut how much of the Democrats' opposition to them is based on the actions of the Russians, and how much is based on the perceived effect that those actions cost them the election? It's something of an unknowable question, but I have found that many of these principled stances are nothing more than matters of political convenience.

I would rather deal with Trump/Pence.

Rather than deal with the consequences of a Hillary Clinton Presidency... Can you imagine who the electoral college would have picked after Hil?

Shit just sent a chill down my spine so bad i almost got a stinger.

Man, the Russians really did do a great job

Democrats couldn't defeat this guy, that says a lot more about that party than anything. Identity politics should die a swift death

Democrats couldn't defeat this guy, that says a lot more about that party than anything. Identity politics should die a swift death

Instead they're doing the opposite, and doubling down.

Elizabeth Warren is going to be their candidate in 2020... Yes, Pocahontas.

Within the context of Russia, there are some questions that need to answered: Yes, the Russians are the "bad guys" here for sure, nut how much of the Democrats' opposition to them is based on the actions of the Russians, and how much is based on the perceived effect that those actions cost them the election? It's something of an unknowable question, but I have found that many of these principled stances are nothing more than matters of political convenience.
The attacks on Ukraine and the massive spying busted up by Obama (who probably had our guard down a little) are beyond political convenience. Even within what a person could classify as political convenience are different things- the appearance (and to my mind, very high likelihood) that our President is in bed with the Kremlin, the outrageous backdooring of the State Department during the campaign and also before even taking office- these I think are very important to people. For sure there is political convenience to attacking the side that won unfairly, or even fairly, but there is also a lot of meat on that bone.

Instead they're doing the opposite, and doubling down.

Elizabeth Warren is going to be their candidate in 2020... Yes, Pocahontas.

The amount of effort going into rehabilitating Hillary Clinton's image is really making me suspect that at least Hillary Clinton thinks she's going to take another shot at the title.

Back