Beaulieu Boxing Glove review

ok, this is really getting annoying. Just because ringside touches something doesn't make it gold. I tried the new manuf. version of the ringside imf tech, the regular imf tech gloves. (not the new pro-style with quick lace). The felt like toys, they were undersized and very compact. They were an ok glove, but not for 79.99. Honestly, they felt very average.

The only reason ringside makes changes to a product is to make more money. We all know that molded foam is less expensive than multi-layer foam that is hand shaped. That's why my bill gloves cost more money.

You guys should stop pulling the party line with this illusion ringside products are "new and improved". "New and improved means cheaper and less protective, aside from their heritage line, everything isn't great. The new ringside imf bag gloves, aren't nearly as well made as their original version.. why? so they can make more money from it. You guys are also biased that everything winning touches is gold. it isn't. it's far from a perfect glove, and from what I understand, winning's foam is able to be replicated, so what's the attraction? I just don't get all of this much. I'm done with this forum.

and from what I understand, winning's foam is able to be replicated, so what's the attraction? I just don't get all of this much.

No, it isn't able to be replicated. What is your source for that bogus claim?

Companies make gloves in the same shape as Winning gloves and thats as close as anyone has ever gotten.

A few have even tried to say "Winning uses 2 inches of padding, we use 2.75 inches so we're better!" when in reality the quality of the padding isn't even close.

I'm done with this forum.

Thats a shame, I've enjoyed your posts. Hopefully you reconsider.

Can you name a company who has done it?

+1

Lets see one example.

If there's gloves out there with the same padding as Winning for a cheaper price I think everyone would be interested in those.

This. Many companies have claimed, but the result always sucked. Mediocre gloves, nothing in common with Winning padding.

Ya I know, was wondering if he could name a successful one that would prove his point that there is no big attraction to winning gloves.

A few have even tried to say "Winning uses 2 inches of padding, we use 2.75 inches so we're better!" when in reality the quality of the padding isn't even close.

Dont forget : "If You Like WINNING, You Will Love FIGHTING!"

That's a perfect example, they even tried to copy the logo!

As I said in an older thread, if there are gloves out there for $75-$100 with identical padding to Winning they would sell lightning fast.

But there isn't unfortunately.

That's a perfect example, they even tried to copy the logo!

Not only did they copy the logo, the whole name of their brand is based on the saying on winning's glove "Fighting Sports World" lol

ok, this is really getting annoying. Just because ringside touches something doesn't make it gold. I tried the new manuf. version of the ringside imf tech, the regular imf tech gloves. (not the new pro-style with quick lace). The felt like toys, they were undersized and very compact. They were an ok glove, but not for 79.99. Honestly, they felt very average.

The only reason ringside makes changes to a product is to make more money. We all know that molded foam is less expensive than multi-layer foam that is hand shaped. That's why my bill gloves cost more money.

You guys should stop pulling the party line with this illusion ringside products are "new and improved". "New and improved means cheaper and less protective, aside from their heritage line, everything isn't great. The new ringside imf bag gloves, aren't nearly as well made as their original version.. why? so they can make more money from it. You guys are also biased that everything winning touches is gold. it isn't. it's far from a perfect glove, and from what I understand, winning's foam is able to be replicated, so what's the attraction? I just don't get all of this much. I'm DONE WITH THIS FORUM.

Ladies and gentlemen , Elvis has left the building !

*rimshot*

:D

I've owned both gloves, and that slogan is bass akwards.

The Fighting glove is a quality glove, but not in the league as Winning.

If the gloves are made in Pakistan, does that mean it's easier (and more economical) for someone in India to order them than, say, someone in the USA? I'm in India and getting hold of anything approaching even decent quality is HARD. Oh, some sites are peddling Lonsdale gloves nowadays, other than USI and I'm told Adidas is getting a little easier to find (that particular oasis still eludes me, though I did find a pair of 10oz Reebok hook and loops).

Bottomline is, if you're looking for interesting brand names to decorate your walls, then you have it easy in India, but not if you're looking for serious training gear, coz if you find the AIBA gloves, you don't get the sparring gloves, and vice versa. USI is the only make of gloves that's consistently available in all varieties, and it's not worth the package it comes in.

Okay, enough of my ranting... :icon_lol: back to the question. Shipping to India?

I don't get why Pakistan made gloves should get a bad rap when so many brands are getting made there. I mean other than the gloves made in Mexico, all the other brands seem to be manufactured in Pakistan or China.

Green Hill and Top Kings are two very good brands that are made there...

Also, they have a great leather industry, lots of tanneries... quality material is available, so all that's needed is somebody guiding the glove making. If the patterns are right, why's there a problem?

I don't get why Pakistan made gloves should get a bad rap when so many brands are getting made there. I mean other than the gloves made in Mexico, all the other brands seem to be manufactured in Pakistan or China.

Green Hill and Top Kings are two very good brands that are made there...

Also, they have a great leather industry, lots of tanneries... quality material is available, so all that's needed is somebody guiding the glove making. If the patterns are right, why's there a problem?

When they start listing US cities as place of manufacture.

Also , they have no history / background in boxing unlike Mexico / Thailand.
Just having tanneries or leather manufacturing isn't enough.

I kinda agree with you to a certain extent Kounter. In the end I think as long as the item is QC'd and is a quality product it doesnt matter where it comes from. Alot of passes are given to companies just because they are a brand. I'm not talking about the smaller companies, I'm talking about the larger ones. I like when smaller companies come along and offers a quality product to challenge the bigger businesses.

If you dont like where its manufac'd I see your point. But as a consumer I would just stay away from buying it.

These gloves are still going strong guys. No further complaints. Was thinking about cutting the thumb off. I cut the thumbs off the Reyes and the glove feels so much better.

Back