Beaulieu Contoured Indented Custom Mitts

StRatoCastR

Gear Tester/Reviewer
@Brown
Reaction score
Black and Gold, it seems that I have made those my colors. Now that I order stuff it seems like I can never get tired of the combination.

My Adidas Air mitts were awesome, but it lacked a grip ball. I wanted something similar to a mantis mitt, but with the protectiveness similar to that of an Air mitt.

I got with my buddies Muhammad and Bill from Beaulieu, they said they could come up with a design that could do such a feat.

So here we go, black and gold design with the 4M logo as the striking area. 4M being 4 Ms in a ninja star pattern for the Metallica logo for those that don't know, also done in gold.

I didn't want something too bulky but at the same time I didn't want micro either, I just do not like the micro design, it doesn't suit me.

Equipment Overview:
1 1/2 Inch Wrist strap
Contoured Design
Indentation on Striking Surface
11 1/4 oz ea mitt
Grip Ball

The Look:
As if you don't know by now, Beaulieu has outstanding craftsmanship and the design is exactly what I wanted. Muhammad told me he had to go through 3-4 mitts before he got the finalized product down. He definitely did not disappoint or ship me a dud. Infact he was so happy with it, he decided to add it to the standard designs.

The look is amazing, beautiful gold fingerhood! I specifically asked for NO mesh, I hate mesh, its more of a hassle than anything.

I was paramount about having a grip ball.

Very low profile design the mitt is only 1 1/3 inches thick.

The striking surface is recessed, all the stitching is beautiful and I asked for a medium thickness wrist strap which came out to be 1 1/2 inches thick.

Below the grip ball, there is a small heel where your hand rests.

The left mitts 4M logo dripped a tiny bit.

Performance
These are less bulky and carry less weight than my Adidas Air mitts. I put these guys to work as soon as I got them.

They are pretty stiff out of the box, so please do NOT use them on someone with hand issues if you decide to get the same type. It takes roughly 50 rounds to break them in. But when they do, they are amazing!

The padding stiffness does NOT affect the holder but only the guy hitting the mitt. The shock disperses easily, I felt no shoulder shock, or elbow twinges as the heavy hitter banged away.

These are by far the LOUDEST of all the mitts I've owned, The recessed Foam near the striking surface probably creates that? I am not sure.

The best part about these mitts was the fact that it not only performed outstanding but the grip ball allowed me to hold the mitt in place and the 1.5 inch Velcro closure ensured that it stayed in place.

I was very happy with the performance, just be wary of the foam being stiff for the puncher, if your punchers suffer from hand issues.

Despite being fully leather, the mitts do manage to stay cool but your hand will still get a little clammy.

The Holder:
For me traditional Mantis mitts take way too much toll on my shoulders and elbows but I love the speed, the low profile design, and the grip ball that comes with it.

It was always a trade off between air mitts and mantis mitts. These are not only lighter than air mitts but do a phenomenal job of closing the gap between mantis mitts and air mitts.

Are they just as protective as Air mitts, no, but honestly they come pretty close.

The 2 biggest gripes with my Air mitts, was the lack of a grip ball and the sorry Velcro design.

This fixes both issues.

The completely outperform any Mantis mitts Ive used in the past, so Ive shelved my Air mitts for now.

The heel keeps your hand even more locked in, and keeps your hand from slipping.

For The Puncher
These crack loud, really loud. These mitts as trivial as it sounds will keep you motivated. They do not have dead spots like Air mitts do, the sweet spot is a little bigger on these mitts, so you do get a little forgiveness on them.

At 1st the mitt is stiff, nothing crazy but it starts off like a heavy bag feel almost. After 50-60 rounds it softens up to a medium density which is a nice middle ground.

Overall:
As always Beaulieu (Bill Boxing/TopBoxer) took a chance and put out a spectacular product. The pops are crazy loud, some of you may think paying $150 for a pay of mitts is pricey, but they are ultra protective, and I got exactly what I asked for.

Score:
94% / A

For those that do not like to read (

Great review, great looking mitts...BUT Megadeth>Metallica : )

Great review, can't wait for mine to be done.

Beautiful mitts. I think I need to start thinking about what I should order.

hmm im not familiar with that, can you post a pic or link

With the indents yeah, I based mine off the maxlow gloves though

I did as well. Same design but different colors. Ordered October 2nd, so should be done very soon.

Hey CS I sent you PMs awhile back about your gym u never replied bro!

Haha! Sorry brotha, been so busy between teaching and the gym. Almost done with a crazy 1,500 sq foot expansion so I'll be hitting you up with pics soon.

Nice review and awesome mitts!

Some MegaDave fans here it seems? lol.

June 11, 2017..................BEAULIEU custom boxing equipment and "Old School" retro hair padded glove line.

Under new manufacturer.................Reduced pricing, faster delivery time. No longer associated with TOP BOXER MFG. Pakistan. Still contact us at [email protected]

Last edited:
we are no longer associate with TOP BOXER MFG. PAKISTAN..............New Manufacture, quality products, reduced pricing and faster delivery [email protected]

Back