Becoming more compassionate with age

P

Pugilistic

Anybody else feel this way? The more experience I have, the more I realize how special I am not, and that I cannot judge others. In my youth before I made mistakes I made, when I was sheltered from life and all different kinds of characters I have run into, I used to judge people for their flaws. But I realized sometimes shit happens, life takes to paths you never expected, you have bad days, new kinds of pressures happen upon you, and you make mistakes. You do shitty things or act like a shitty person. I realized how flawed I could be.

I've made many mistakes which I thought I would never do when I was younger and "pure." I would've shaken my head in judgement at a person who is guilty of such things. You really cannot judge others unless you've been in the exact position as they have been in life.

I'm not condoning negative behaviors of course. We should all learn from our mistakes. It doesn't mean you let people do whatever they want because "everybody makes mistakes." I avoid associating myself with destructive people but I believe in giving them chances but even if I can't I avoid reacting to them with anger or judgement. Instead of focusing on the shittiness of others, I realized it's better to focus on trying to be less shitty myself.

I guess I have less patience people who refuse to learn. I know some people who make mistakes and make excuses for themselves. I don't have time for people like that but I try to realize that they are on their own path in life and maybe they will find change at some point.

Anybody else feel the same way? I always thought I was going to be grumpier and hate people more the older I get, but it's been the opposite. I realized I could be quite shitty too so maybe I can't be judgmental of others.

I avoid the unfortunate and unlucky. Especially single mothers who cry being poor then blow their assistance cheques on makeup, cigs, and booze.

Some people bring it on themselves. Some people just were dealt a bad hand. I grew up disadvantaged. It made me a ruthless worker with a hard demeanor. I am what I am.

I still judge people. But only those who make a song and dance show about their hardships.

My sister was seeing this one guy for a bit. Apparently my sister had issues with his sister years ago. Apparently he had aggressive sex with her because he texted her "i fucked you in the ass. Nobody messes with me or my family." She texted him again he gave her an STI. He gave her the same response. There are some real weird people out there just waitinf for a revenge trip. These kinds we can judge very harshly and be justified.

Yeah I pretty much burn everyone down same as always.

I avoid the unfortunate and unlucky. Especially single mothers who cry being poor then blow their assistance cheques on makeup, cigs, and booze.

Some people bring it on themselves. Some people just were dealt a bad hand. I grew up disadvantaged. It made me a ruthless worker with a hard demeanor. I am what I am.

I still judge people. But only those who make a song and dance show about their hardships.

My sister was seeing this one guy for a bit. Apparently my sister had issues with his sister years ago. Apparently he had aggressive sex with her because he texted her "i fucked you in the ass. Nobody messes with me or my family." She texted him again he gave her an STI. He gave her the same response. There are some real weird people out there just waitinf for a revenge trip. These kinds we can judge very harshly and be justified.

I have no time for the people who complain they don't have any money but have tattoos and piercings that I know don't come cheap and they use drugs that I know they don't get free.

I mostly dont judge people now because I am in no place to judge, I suck so bad, and most people are better than me now.

But that is okay, I just try to mind my own business.

I have no time for the people who complain they don't have any money but have tattoos and piercings that I know don't come cheap and they use drugs that I know they don't get free.

I have little patience for people who complain about their situation in life but don't do anything to change it. I try not to complain, although it is easier sometimes, but I try to use that energy to do something about it.

I have a friend who complains about not getting laid yet he doesn't put himself out there nor does he try. He asks me for advice of all people because despite my lack of game, height, and money, I still get girls more than he does. But whenever I make a suggestion like for him to work on himself instead of focusing on girls, try to convey for confidence, etc. He always says it's easier than done. Then what's the point of even asking? Are you not going to try? Then why even bother worrying about it? I don't even like talking to him about this stuff anymore because it's really pointless.

I don't judge him for not being a player since I am not either, but it's hard to feel sorry for him when he does nothing but complain about it. I know guys who aren't players and don't do anything about it, but they also don't seem to care as much.

I mostly dont judge people now because I am in no place to judge, I suck so bad, and most people are better than me now.

But that is okay, I just try to mind my own business.

One of the things I've also learned is that everybody has issues no matter how great they seem on the outside. It made me become more understanding to others but I also learned to be more forgiving of myself as well. The latter is admittedly harder though. Judging yourself from my experience doesn't really help you to grow. I think it's far better to move on from your flaws and try to learn from them. Judging yourself only gets you stuck.

I've become more accepting of circumstances.

I'm really starting to dislike people in general now, though.

You gain wisdom as you get older, you gain more experience at "living", thats the natural way it should be

I am becoming a bigger asshole by the day. Id much rather spend time with my dog than any person i know and all she does is bite me

Without question, I always had a good inner sense of compassion but often ignored it in my youth, mostly due to peer pressure, trying to fit in and trying to be the most extreme in my group....now as an older person I can be my true self and act accordingly..

Mercy triumphs over judgement.

I will say one thing about this. My music tastes have changed. For example I have never been a big Elton John guy until recently. Just now am beginning to recognize how special this dude was in his prime. Recently saw a performance he did at Wembley in the 80's. Not sure many people have a voice as good as this guys. I was watching this thing and finding myself going "god damn that boy can sing" like that Coming to America scene at the church.

I guess not really on topic, but still. just one of the things with age. Diversifying music taste

Last edited:
as i get older,i call more people for their bullshit excuses,makes my wife uncomfortable.

as i get older,i call more people for their bullshit excuses,makes my wife uncomfortable.
I do too,but its a form of compassion to tell them what their doing wrong,so they dont do it next time. I feel like i have a broader sense of what i could be compassionate about,but less patient about spending my time with it. If you dont want help,then fuck off,thats all. I knew what kind of advice def helped me when i needed it,but i was receptive to that. Some people refuse to listen.

Yes, especially after the birth of my son.

Anybody else feel this way? The more experience I have, the more I realize how special I am not, and that I cannot judge others. In my youth before I made mistakes I made, when I was sheltered from life and all different kinds of characters I have run into, I used to judge people for their flaws. But I realized sometimes shit happens, life takes to paths you never expected, you have bad days, new kinds of pressures happen upon you, and you make mistakes. You do shitty things or act like a shitty person. I realized how flawed I could be.

I've made many mistakes which I thought I would never do when I was younger and "pure." I would've shaken my head in judgement at a person who is guilty of such things. You really cannot judge others unless you've been in the exact position as they have been in life.

I'm not condoning negative behaviors of course. We should all learn from our mistakes. It doesn't mean you let people do whatever they want because "everybody makes mistakes." I avoid associating myself with destructive people but I believe in giving them chances but even if I can't I avoid reacting to them with anger or judgement. Instead of focusing on the shittiness of others, I realized it's better to focus on trying to be less shitty myself.

I guess I have less patience people who refuse to learn. I know some people who make mistakes and make excuses for themselves. I don't have time for people like that but I try to realize that they are on their own path in life and maybe they will find change at some point.

Anybody else feel the same way? I always thought I was going to be grumpier and hate people more the older I get, but it's been the opposite. I realized I could be quite shitty too so maybe I can't be judgmental of others.

Bro your T is down! Take some horse meat.

I know what u mean lol

i have a friend who has 5 kids,doesn't work and complains they have no money,he's having a sleeve tattoo done,smokes,drinks has sky tv,they both have cars,and his excuse for never coming to my house is,he has no money. i have no issues pointing out me and my wife work,but we don't have all the shit they do.

Back