Beef vs Pork Ribs

Beef, but most stores carry trash beef ribs. No meat whatsoever. Pork is easier to get consistent quality.

Pork are so much harder to screw up.

I disagree. I'm a smoker and have done both several times. Both are extremely easy smokes.

I prefer beef as it's basically like really, really easy brisket. But I do love pork ribs as well. I'm smoking some pork this weekend.

I used to really enjoy getting a BBQ combo meal which included beef ribs as well as different types of pork, and I like the meatiness of beef ribs, but pork ribs have better flavor.

Pork definitely. Seems in the states you get bigger ribs, can be a bit difficult to come by here. Beef can be cheap as shit but often are mainly bone, I can get them for 5 bucks a kilo at some Asian butchers.

Beef. If you want to taste some simple yet bomb beef short ribs the next time you go to Oahu (Hawaii), check out Helena's and order the Pipikaula Short ribs. That blows away any pork ribs I ever tried and I've ate a lot of different pork ribs including Nugget Rib Cookoff in Reno a few times and other rib competitions. At the same time baby back (pork) ribs at Rutherford Grill (in Napa) is damn good too.

Hawaiin BBQ ribs are just a ripoff of Korean Kalbi.

Pork ribs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other ribs.

Beef ribs just went on sale at my local butcher. I already have some baby backs. I'm going to have to cook them all on sunday and have a rib off.

There, now you are all up to date.

Hawaiin BBQ ribs are just a ripoff of Korean Kalbi.
I'm not talking L&L BBQ or your standard plate lunch short rib/kalbi you get at these type of plate lunch restaurants. That aint Hawaiian food.. Helena's is at an entire different level and follow the dry pipikaula process, but with short ribs. Simple yet good.

What do I look like? A Muslim?

Pork all day.

Last edited:
Gotta go with beef. I think short ribs might be my #1 cut. Just look at all that magnificent fat.

bs095.jpg

They're way too different to compare imo

But, Pork.

I used to really enjoy getting a BBQ combo meal which included beef ribs as well as different types of pork, and I like the meatiness of beef ribs, but pork ribs have better flavor.

I have family in North Carolina and they have the best BBQ. @Jackie Blue

Beef short ribs braised for about 4 hours in red wine and beef stock. Not only better than any pork ribs, but possibly better than pretty much any other meal...

Back