Beef vs Pork Ribs

Beef.

So damn difficult to find somewhere in London that serves beef without trying to fuck your pockets over

Beef. Beef has a wider variety of flavors imho. Pork just seems less versatile

There is not a single universe I live in where beef ribs take priority over pork.

Pork ribs all day everyday.

Gotta go with beef. I think short ribs might be my #1 cut. Just look at all that magnificent fat.

bs095.jpg

Beef short ribs braised for about 4 hours in red wine and beef stock. Not only better than any pork ribs, but possibly better than pretty much any other meal...

Ya imma get me some to cook this weekend now you guys have me drooling.

I cook my beef short ribs in my InstantPot Pressure cooker until they are fall off the bone good and then sear and baste them at super high heat on my bbq to finish sprinkled with a little dry rub. Yum

Not enough pics in this thread. Shame.

I'll just bump my own post.

-------------------

Is there really a loser here?

IMG_8279.jpg

smokehouse-bbq-1024x675.jpg

kreuz-bbq-beef-ribs-03.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

VS

kreuz-spare-ribs-07.jpg

30741_easy_bbq_baby_back_ribs_3000x2000.jpg

1437691887821.jpeg

RibCutOpenColor.jpg

Ya imma get me some to cook this weekend now you guys have me drooling.

I cook my beef short ribs in my InstantPot Pressure cooker until they are fall off the bone good and then sear and baste them at super high heat on my bbq to finish sprinkled with a little dry rub. Yum
I'm right there with ya, bud. Stopping by after work to pick up a few pounds. I'm not quite as elaborate in my cooking technique though. I just sear the shit out of them in a cast iron skillet, then drop the heat low and put a lid over them for a few minutes; just enough for the inside to get hot, but not lose all the pinkness. Salt, pepper and garlic is usually enough, but I'll take a stroll through the spice aisle and see if any of those dry rubs catch my fancy.

I think I can honestly say I have had great beef ribs once out of like 50 times eating them. Can't recall a pork rib I ever had a problem eating a lot of.

I'm right there with ya, bud. Stopping by after work to pick up a few pounds. I'm not quite as elaborate in my cooking technique though. I just sear the shit out of them in a cast iron skillet, then drop the heat low and put a lid over them for a few minutes; just enough for the inside to get hot, but not lose all the pinkness. Salt, pepper and garlic is usually enough, but I'll take a stroll through the spice aisle and see if any of those dry rubs catch my fancy.
For a good cut of meat (particularly beef), less is always more, imo. Salt, pepper and garlic is always enough but what I like to do is crush some real garlic and onion up into basically a paste and rub that onto the meat instead of using the powdered garlic. But there are nice dry rubs that are basically just that. Real simple.

But know your hands will stink like garlic for a long time if you use your fingers to massage in real garlic and onion without kitchen gloves or something. You can always use the back of a spoon.

Also pro-tip. never wash you hands after handing garlic or onions with warm or hot water. Make the water as cold as possible first. Run your hands under it and then soap up. The oils from the garlic and onion will go right into opening pours if you wash with warm as that opens your pours. You want the cold water closing those pours and the soap to break up the oils on the surface.

I think I can honestly say I have had great beef ribs once out of like 50 times eating them. Can't recall a pork rib I ever had a problem eating a lot of.
beef ribs are tougher to cook and the quality can really vary. I agree pork ribs are fair more forgiving and the quality is more consistent.

But I still think the best beef ribs > the best pork ribs, but in general pork ribs are more diverse and better than the general beef ribs.

I like beef bbq ribs I don’t eat pork that much and I have had some incredible ribs but their not my
first go to.

beef ribs are tougher to cook and the quality can really vary. I agree pork ribs are fair more forgiving and the quality is more consistent.

Totally. Pork ribs give you the same slack as chicken wings; you really gotta go out of your way to fuck them up.

I'm smoking some pork ribs Sunday.
I have two hookers coming over and they want some ribs.
I'll post some pictures later this week.

I discovered a few years ago I'm allergic to pork so... beef

I just had alligator ribs in a little diner in Daytona beach...friggen deleiocus...dry rubbed, smoked, then thrown on the grill when they are ordered...friggen awesome

Also pro-tip. never wash you hands after handing garlic or onions with warm or hot water. Make the water as cold as possible first. Run your hands under it and then soap up. The oils from the garlic and onion will go right into opening pours if you wash with warm as that opens your pours. You want the cold water closing those pours and the soap to break up the oils on the surface.

I suppose this works with hot peppers too eh?
No wonder I keep burning my eyes after handling habanero.

Back