Behind Khabib, who is the 2nd best striker at LW?

"HEAD MOVEMENT!!! HEAD MOVEMENT!!!"
giphy.gif

I think it's pretty clear that Khabib is the best striker in the division. He's outstruck every opponent to date. He boxed circles around Iaquinta and then just smoked Conor on the feet.

So who is the second best striker? Ferguson? Barboza? Conor?

Discuss....
What a stupid comment. Seriously?? Ok, then let's put him in a striking only match against...anyone. And he'll get smoked. His striking is only effective because of the threat of grappling and take-downs.

Ugh....

I'm still hanging on Khabib's nuts, don't get me wrong. I almost exclusively support grapplers but come on man.

Pettis for example is far more dynamic, Ferguson cleaner, Conor has solid timing.

No one else has a skill set so feared that their opponents leave themselves open. The same was true for Fedor.

The fear of the takedown in the opponent, strength in their overhand shots and a resilient chin are a hell of a combo and very very hard to beat.
I believe khabib boxes circles around pettis, for some reason he cant fight in the pocket to save himself.

Cain did it to JDS and Chael did it to Anderson also.
I'm not sure what is being said here....

Are you agreeing with me or trying to pose an example to the contrary?

If the later, those guys literally possess the exact same threat as Khabib and were able to do the same thing Khabib did. Their losses to JDS and Silva were due to gifts Conor doesn't have. JDS has HW KO power and Silva is legit with jiu-jitsu.

I believe khabib boxes circles around pettis, for some reason he cant fight in the pocket to save himself.
I wouldn't say Khabib would lose to anyone right now at all but Pettis has a utility box full of strikes from angles that 90% of any division would dream to have.

This was about best striker, not most successful in KOs or most feared. When I think of the term best, I associate that with technique.

I wouldn't say Khabib would lose to anyone right now at all but Pettis has a utility box full of strikes from angles that 90% of any division would dream to have.

This was about best striker, not most successful in KOs or most feared. When I think of the term best, I associate that with technique.
At distance pettis is effective, take that space away and he becomes ineffective.

holloway boxed his ears off in the pocket, ferg done the same to.

Pretty straight forward nowadays fighting pettis.

Its obviously michael johnson. the only man to cause khabib to flinch.

Put Khabib in a striking only match and see how good his standup is. People thinking his striking is amazing are insane. One can say his takedowns keep other strikers afraid, and help neutralize their offense - but to suggest his striking is the best in the division is completely ignorant

Also impressive is his speed. Khabib is lightning fast and doesn't get nearly enough credit for being one of the best athletes in the UFC.
<36>

Khabib is an awful athlete, he's probably the clumsiest top 10 fighter under the HW division. Even the knockdown gif shows his athletic level with his weird tippy toe run. When his opponent is fresh he runs past them into fences trying to take them down (like vs. Barboza), not even close to getting it, and let's not even mention his jumping kicks (ok, I just did). Two great gifs demonstrating the point.....

tumblr_o536m3BM6w1ry1rm7o3_r2_500.gif

CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

His explosiveness and body control are awful.

That's not taking anything away from him, though, on the contrary, it's more impressive because of his horrible athleticism.

Let's see Khabib vs Conor in a boxing ring without the wrestlefucking.

What a stupid comment. Seriously?? Ok, then let's put him in a striking only match against...anyone. And he'll get smoked. His striking is only effective because of the threat of grappling and take-downs.
Don't feed the troll brother it doesn't do any good!

<36>

Khabib is an awful athlete, he's probably the clumsiest top 10 fighter under the HW division. Even the knockdown gif shows his athletic level with his weird tippy toe run. When his opponent is fresh he runs past them into fences trying to take them down (like vs. Barboza), not even close to getting it, and let's not even mention his jumping kicks (ok, I just did). Two great gifs demonstrating the point.....

tumblr_o536m3BM6w1ry1rm7o3_r2_500.gif

CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

His explosiveness and body control are awful.

That's not taking anything away from him, though, on the contrary, it's more impressive because of his horrible athleticism.

Whatever helps you Conor stans sleep at night.

"HEAD MOVEMENT!!! HEAD MOVEMENT!!!"
giphy.gif

I think it's pretty clear that Khabib is the best striker in the division. He's outstruck every opponent to date. He boxed circles around Iaquinta and then just smoked Conor on the feet.

So who is the second best striker? Ferguson? Barboza? Conor?

Discuss....
Lol Conor?

Conor is fringe top 20 at best.

Its fun to see a guy whose grappling is so good that stand up guys are not sure what to do

Back