Behind the Curtain - shoot interviews, podcasts, book stories, urban legends

DdxJIqPU8AEWbix.jpg

DdxJJRaVMAAgkvr.jpg

Thanks @RollSonnenRoll for finding this.

Matt Styker interviewing Jim Cornette about his time in TNA is 90 minutes of gold.

How much more of the book is lies?
I need to re read it but my favorite is saying he had to teach hall an inside cradle or something. He also gets grumpy because hall lets him win but kicked his match after...like a heel who got embarrassed would do.
I also love when he plays the good church boy christian card but the next night he's getting wasted on god knows what lol.
Jericho knows how to play to the I.w.c and rewrite history. He's a good in ring performer but I never bought him as world champ in wwe. How he duped a.e.w into paying him that much is beyond me.

The one I read was still entertaining enough to be worth it but he shits on Bischoff so much it's just ridiculous given his WCW run was what made him.

Bischoff deserves every bit of getting shit on.

Bischoff deserves every bit of getting shit on.
Oh Yeah, I mean the guy didn't give dozens of wrestlers a platform to succeed or anything. Sure Jericho got his exposure in e.c.w. but it was wcw that let him develop his personality. Eric was known to be hands off on guys personal character development.
Did he make dumb desicion? Of course he did but what promoter hasn't?
Also lets not forget less than 6 months in jericho's wwf career there was talking of him getting or asking for his release. He fucking bombed hard at first and after russo left they made him Chynas bitch. Seriosuly, after that stellar opening exchange with the rock he didn't do shit for a long time.

I just get tired of people hating on Eric. I'm not even that big of a fan but Jesus. Big Show, radicals and jericho would not have been in wwe if it weren't for him.

Oh Yeah, I mean the guy didn't give dozens of wrestlers a platform to succeed or anything. Sure Jericho got his exposure in e.c.w. but it was wcw that let him develop his personality. Eric was known to be hands off on guys personal character development.
Did he make dumb desicion? Of course he did but what promoter hasn't?
Also lets not forget less than 6 months in jericho's wwf career there was talking of him getting or asking for his release. He fucking bombed hard at first and after russo left they made him Chynas bitch. Seriosuly, after that stellar opening exchange with the rock he didn't do shit for a long time.

I just get tired of people hating on Eric. I'm not even that big of a fan but Jesus. Big Show, radicals and jericho would not have been in wwe if it weren't for him.

Conveniently leaving out that Jericho and others had to bitch and scratch and claw with Bischoff just to get any of their development approved.

Woohoo, Eric had one good idea that would have fallen flat if one of the biggest babyfaces the business had ever seen didn't decide to turn heel, and then milked it into the ground. What a genius.

You are right though, none of those guys would have gone to WWE if it weren't for Eric, someone competent would have seen the talent they had and utilized them.

Side note, it's old, but I loved Jericho's podcast with Sandra Toffoloni (Nancy's sister) and holy shit is it intense. She digs deep into that weekend and the aftermath and doesn't pull any punches.

Conveniently leaving out that Jericho and others had to bitch and scratch and claw with Bischoff just to get any of their development approved.

Woohoo, Eric had one good idea that would have fallen flat if one of the biggest babyfaces the business had ever seen didn't decide to turn heel, and then milked it into the ground. What a genius.

You are right though, none of those guys would have gone to WWE if it weren't for Eric, someone competent would have seen the talent they had and utilized them.

Yeah and it took those guys years to become more than what they were in w.c.w. Jericho almost got released but they kept him because jarrett left and needed someone to do the chyna angle. Saturn didn't do shit in the w.w.f. Dean was a joke who had that horrible feud with Lita. Eddie, god bless him almost relapsed on drugs because the pressure of being champ got to him. Basically was a mid card his whole wwe career just like in w.c.w.
Benoit? Was only given the belt to give hhh a break. He didn't draw and only headlined vs hhh and then dropped the strap to Orton. He never smelled main event status again. Mid to upper card...just like wcw. Oh lets not forget Jericho who was only the undisputed champ to drop it to hhh. For fucks sake, NOBODY took him serious and even Vince made jokes about him being champion.
Lets not forget the three "world champions" didn't even get the strap until wcw closed abd there was no competition. Oh and none of them drew money. Jericho was always a transitional champion. Listen, I enjoy all there in ring work but they tried acting like they were on the level of Hogan,Nash,sting..etc.

One good idea? Hmm lets see: Signing Hogan, going head to head with raw in which they beat them 83 fucking weeks in a row, crow sting,goldberg,ddp,dennis Rodman(he sucked in the ring damn it drew money), showcasing luchadors and other international stars...

I get it, he made mistakes but Vince made just as many. Also vince doesn't have competition so if he makes mistakes...who cares? Hes the only real game in town. Also when Eric was removed from power in 99 it was a salvageable project but russo ruined it.

The wrestlers who hate Eric tend to praise paul heyman. I mean at least eric got them on national tv and paid them. Paul got them smelly bingo halls and a lost check in the mail.

Yeah and it took those guys years to become more than what they were in w.c.w. Jericho almost got released but they kept him because jarrett left and needed someone to do the chyna angle. Saturn didn't do shit in the w.w.f. Dean was a joke who had that horrible feud with Lita. Eddie, god bless him almost relapsed on drugs because the pressure of being champ got to him. Basically was a mid card his whole wwe career just like in w.c.w.
Benoit? Was only given the belt to give hhh a break. He didn't draw and only headlined vs hhh and then dropped the strap to Orton. He never smelled main event status again. Mid to upper card...just like wcw. Oh lets not forget Jericho who was only the undisputed champ to drop it to hhh. For fucks sake, NOBODY took him serious and even Vince made jokes about him being champion.
Lets not forget the three "world champions" didn't even get the strap until wcw closed abd there was no competition. Oh and none of them drew money. Jericho was always a transitional champion. Listen, I enjoy all there in ring work but they tried acting like they were on the level of Hogan,Nash,sting..etc.

One good idea? Hmm lets see: Signing Hogan, going head to head with raw in which they beat them 83 fucking weeks in a row, crow sting,goldberg,ddp,dennis Rodman(he sucked in the ring damn it drew money), showcasing luchadors and other international stars...

I get it, he made mistakes but Vince made just as many. Also vince doesn't have competition so if he makes mistakes...who cares? Hes the only real game in town. Also when Eric was removed from power in 99 it was a salvageable project but russo ruined it.

The wrestlers who hate Eric tend to praise paul heyman. I mean at least eric got them on national tv and paid them. Paul got them smelly bingo halls and a lost check in the mail.

<5>

How do you gentlemen feel about late 60's Mexican women wrestling? Do these women need to learn to sell or would you pay to see Satan lady break some poor women's spine paralyzing her like she does in the clip? <45>

My observations... The ring looks like an over sized mattress, the women in red has a pretty fat ass and these ladies have a move roster on par with Kevin Nash.

How do you gentlemen feel about late 60's Mexican women wrestling? Do these women need to learn to sell or would you pay to see Satan lady break some poor women's spine paralyzing her like she does in the clip? <45>

My observations... The ring looks like an over sized mattress, the women in red has a pretty fat ass and these ladies have a move roster on par with Kevin Nash.

Jesus Murphy, its the Green Bastard!

Oh how I wish there was video of that two guys who are legit 7 feet getting in a shoot fight would have Been like King king vs Godzilla in real life.
Considered that Khali has bad leg issues he is not much a treat for bs
Didn't booker T and Batista get in a fight backstage too?

Back