Behold PRIME Kevin Monster Randleman!

Seemed like a really really good guy outside of the ring. Bas had a really funny story about him rampage and randleman getting ripped off buying weed from some guy and Kevin went apeshit. That and the gsp story of Kevin and coleman trying to hype him up before the karo fight always cracks me up. Again, seemed like a hell of a guy and an awesome fighter to watch

~DaViD~
#NerdBash2018

Thing about the beast is he never technically evolved at Hammerhouse sure his wrestling was superb but what I mean is if you look at his striking and submissions they are all very raw and completely based off of power and athleticism.

His ability to close distance was second to none he could fly in with the loopiest of hooks and still catch guys without them seeing it coming.His killer instinct was crazy man he never worried about gassing if he saw the opportunity to hurt you it happened completely against your will.

Imagine if Kevin took a different route and trained with let's say Josh Barnett and really learned to utilize his amazing strength with technique to submit his opponents.Had he done just that I guarantee every kimura he gripped would be finished haha.

Last edited:
Pride rules kinda helped wrestlers
2cmn8cn.jpg

To be honest, and this is coming from a lifelong Kevin Randleman fan, Kevin's raw athleticism was phenomenal, but he did not have the fine co-ordination and motor skills to really develop his striking to a level that would allow him to hang with guys like Chuck and Rampage consistently, let alone guys like Jones, Rumble and Gus and his chin was always a liability. He had no submission game whatsoever, either. Like, none. His attempt at RNC-ing Waterman (at least that's what I THINK he was trying) is one of the funniest moments MMA has ever provided me with.

Randleman was a phenomenal wrestler with good power and flashes of brilliance, but his mental game was always a limiting factor for him, as was his refusal to train at a proper MMA gym and develop all the skills you need to be a champion at the highest level. In terms of his career, there are a lot of parallels between him and Melvin Guillard in that they were both tremendous raw athletes that could never turn the corner into elite MMA athletes. Also, explosiveness and peroxide.

His knockout over Mirko Filipovic was one of the most shocking things i have ever witnessed in MMA.

73pf84.jpg

Great fighter and great guy. RIP brother.

Seemed like a really really good guy outside of the ring. Bas had a really funny story about him rampage and randleman getting ripped off buying weed from some guy and Kevin went apeshit. That and the gsp story of Kevin and coleman trying to hype him up before the karo fight always cracks me up. Again, seemed like a hell of a guy and an awesome fighter to watch

~DaViD~
#NerdBash2018

A fighter who was a lot better than his record showed. R.I.P The Monster

God i miss that show. Even though it was over the top it was enjoyable.

I wish they made an mma anime like hajime no ippo. Imagine dude getting ground and pound for like 2 eps straight and then has one of those anime flashbacks and locks in an armbar lol

My son told me that they're going to reboot Baki The Grappler. Male lead and updated.

Back