Belgium Says Loot Boxes In Games Like Overwatch, FIFA 18, and CS: Global Offensive Are Illegal

I think I saw in the news HI has something in the works to prohibit this gambling like thing.

It's gambling when you don't know exactly what you are going to get.

I don't like the microtransaction and airlines got busted for similar issues a while ago.

Drip pricing is a technique used by online retailers of goods and services whereby a headline price is advertised at the beginning of the purchase process, following which additional fees, taxes or charges, which may be unavoidable, are then incrementally disclosed or "dripped".

It's on the edge of legal but clearly unethical imo.

Last point, in game purchases make up a huge chunk of credit card fraud. That's got to be a significant motivator.

I don't understand games these days.

I hate to be the old man here, but back in my day you just went to the store and paid your $60 or whatever and then you had your game. That's it. Put it in and play it.

There wasn't all this extra stuff, loot boxes, DLCs, etc.
Sadly those days are gone

Good. Fuck loot boxes. Fuck shark cards. Fuck paying more money so you can have all the best shit in game and only use it to ruin games for others.

Oh shit, how are EA gonna survive without the Belgian market?
There is a chance that Belgium might be able to push this to be EU wide thing.
Netherlands found them to be illegal as well.

And US is looking into it as well

My gripe is that most of these "games" are nothing more than entertainment services and have no right referring to themselves as games any more. If you can not finish a game without spending additional money then it shouldn't be classified as a game.

Micro transactions are fucking awful. I don't game anymore, so I don't care but when I did they were frustrating. People being able to buy advantages in multiplayer games was stupid.

Back