BELLATOR 106: CHANDLER VS ALVAREZ II 7PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Really? :icon_lol:

Dana was ready to make Alvarez the 3rd-4th-5th highest paid LW in the UFC.. Glad you know better than him..

Only a shill or a retard thinks the 9-3 guys with wins over nobody that the UFC actually has on their roster now deserve to be there 1/10th as much as either of the guys that fought tonight. SAD.

Im curious though why Bjorn even kept Alvarez if he didn't want him to beat Chandler.

Maybe he was just trying to stick it to the UFC to be a dick.

I think they probably thought chandler would beat Eddie again(perhaps quicker) and Eddie is probably the best LW they could've gotten.

Im curious though why Bjorn even kept Alvarez if he didn't want him to beat Chandler.

Maybe he was just trying to stick it to the UFC to be a dick.

I enjoyed that fight a lot, I also enjoy karma coming after Bjorn and co a little. They deserve it for Vegh and even Alvarez. Vegh would have put on a better fight tonight, and Eddie could have been in the UFC winning after the Bellator champion beat him :icon_lol:

You have played your cards poorly, Bellator.

He's trolling. Funny thing is literally all of the UFC best fights this year have been brawls with way less technique :icon_lol:

and this is why i left Sherdog and why it's time to leave again. just a hotbed of trolls and psychotic extremists... and the nasty kids who won't care about MMA in a couple years but will troll the shit out of forums in the meantime. Can't forget them.

amazing fight. all left to say.

5 rd LHW fights compared to a LW fight. It's fair to say Chandler was dead on his feet at times also.

I never said fight of the year for anything. You said the best UFC fights were less technical than this Chandler Alvarez fight. I was showing you how wrong and silly you are. You're welcome.

A HW against the cage winging punches while getting punched in the face is less technical than a guy using good movement and hitting his target.

Jones struggled to show a lot of his abilities in that fight but he was still catching Gus with headkicks over and over. Jones and Gus is definitely not the standard when it comes to technique. Hilarious that you think that Alvarez and Chandler don't belong in the UFC. Just plain weird to me.

so the other fight canceled or moved?

77hxfg.png

He's trolling. Funny thing is literally all of the UFC best fights this year have been brawls with way less technique :icon_lol:

lol @ those best fights by non top 10 guys.

We get it--you like blood, you like violence. Maybe go watch a nice action movie or K1. Stupidly attacking and ignoring defense does not make a great fight regardless of the JUST BLEED fans that love to get their rocks off by watching it.

and this is why i left Sherdog and why it's time to leave again. just a hotbed of trolls and psychotic extremists... and the nasty kids who won't care about MMA in a couple years but will troll the shit out of forums in the meantime. Can't forget them.

amazing fight. all left to say.

lol, you know where you can see fights just like that at any given time you want, any weekend across the country?

Your local fairgrounds or bar or anywhere else there are amateur fight where guys just attack without adequate skill against an equally unskilled opponent.

You don't need pro fights to see that shit, so I'm not going to apologize for not wanting to see top level orgs turn into a venue for that nonsense.

I think it's silly to suggest that brawling isn't entertaining.

Many great fighters eschew defense when it's time to dig deep and match will for will...the difference is eschewing defense to a great fighter is simply opening yourself up entirely to SKILL...and taking the chances by creating offense and allowing yourself to be countered.

This does not mean standing straight up with your head in the air and your hands down like Chandler did tonight...against any professional fisticuffs man he would've been laid out in 8 seconds. And what made it worse is that Alvarez proceeded to somehow miss him.

You wouldn't even see this sort of dilettante boxing technique from a guy like Arturo Gatti who made a career from taking punches to the face.

Really? :icon_lol:

Dana was ready to make Alvarez the 3rd-4th-5th highest paid LW in the UFC.. Glad you know better than him..

Only a shill or a retard thinks the 9-3 guys with wins over nobody that the UFC actually has on their roster now deserve to be there 1/10th as much as either of the guys that fought tonight. SAD.

Cry some more... All I did was agree, deal with it.

Cry some more... All I did was agree, deal with it.

ok. You agreed that a 9-3 guy with a loss in the EFC to a 500 guy 1 fight ago deserves to be in the UFC more than Eddie or Chandler. I understand.

If I was Alvarez I would be very pissed with Bjorn and would let him know. Shaking your head like that after a hard fought battle, winning the belt after months of hard work and sacrifice. Thats bullshit and I wouldnt give two shits if he was the boss or not.

I thought he was shaking his head at the boos.

I think it's silly to suggest that brawling isn't entertaining.

Many great fighters eschew defense when it's time to dig deep and match will for will...the difference is eschewing defense to a great fighter is simply opening yourself up entirely to SKILL...and taking the chances by creating offense and allowing yourself to be countered.

This does not mean standing straight up with your head in the air and your hands down like Chandler did tonight...against any professional fisticuffs man he would've been laid out in 8 seconds. And what made it worse is that Alvarez proceeded to somehow miss him.

You wouldn't even see this sort of dilettante boxing technique from a guy like Arturo Gatti who made a career from taking punches to the face.

Exactly, well put.

I'd never say brawling can't be/ isn't fun to see sometimes. But calling it great? No.

I don't understand how everyone on here needs to turn into some armchair CEO after every event. We just watched an amazing fight and all anyone can talk about is of it's good/bad for Bellator, judging, ratings, or who should be in the UFC.

I don't understand how everyone on here needs to turn into some armchair CEO after every event. We just watched an amazing fight and all anyone can talk about is of it's good/bad for Bellator, judging, ratings, or who should be in the UFC.

That's a fair point.

I'm not trying to shit on Bellator or anyone who likes brawling. It was a fun fight, both guys gave it their all and showed a lot of heart. I hope Bellator keeps doing what they do.

I'm mainly just calling BS on the guys like Ariel Helwani who have been calling Chandler a top 10 guy for awhile now.

No way--not with the holes in his game that we saw tonight.

What the hell was Mo's game plan? I couldn't figure it out.

And does he realize he is allowed to throw combos?

It seems like most the fight was him throwing a single shot, like a jab or body shot, then back out of range. Not even trying to use them to set up other punches.

And keep your damn hands up. I get that it looks cool but if you're gonna do that at least be elusive and move your head and not stand there flat footed while eating strikes.

Not trying to sound like an armchair quarterback but come on.

What the hell was Mo's game plan? I couldn't figure it out.

And does he realize he is allowed to throw combos?

It seems like most the fight was him throwing a single shot, like a jab or body shot, then back out of range. Not even trying to use them to set up other punches.

And keep your damn hands up. I get that it looks cool but if you're gonna do that at least be elusive and move your head and not stand there flat footed while eating strikes.

Not trying to sound like an armchair quarterback but come on.

yeah, I was rooting for Newton going into the fight(Mo just rubs me wrong) but while watching it, I kept asking myself when Mo was going to just overpower Newton and gnp his face in...not Sure if Mo is losing interest, skills are in decline, or what

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back