Bellator 134: Newton vs. McGeary 6:45PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Really? I like Mir. I think he's very skilled and have followed him for years. But an undersized and soft Cormier dominated Mir against the cage. I'm not saying Mo is DC (not by far), but Mo did just push around a pretty big and strong guy in Kongo.

Mo would be faster, more athletic / younger with better cardio. Mir would have more brute strength and some more effective (powerful) boxing. It's more or less a pick-em fight, but I'd favor Mo by -120 or so.

you have got to be joking

Really? I like Mir. I think he's very skilled and have followed him for years. But an undersized and soft Cormier dominated Mir against the cage. I'm not saying Mo is DC (not by far), but Mo did just push around a pretty big and strong guy in Kongo.

Mo would be faster, more athletic / younger with better cardio. Mir would have more brute strength and some more effective (powerful) boxing. It's more or less a pick-em fight, but I'd favor Mo by -120 or so.

Mir actually knocks people the fuck out. Can do more than grapevine the legs, isn't scared of the TD, can pull off a sub from anywhere, against anyone and beat Kongo in a far more impressive manner. I don't even see it as close. Mir by KO and if Mo comes in to bore everyone (which he would. He only knows one way to fight. B-b-b-b-blanket breaker) Mir by submission.

That was a great, back and forth main event. If you're getting over the top critical of the judge's decision either way, you're looking for things to complain about.

So I guess the British won 4-1, or was it 3-1, or 3-0? That was a fucking goofy angle. In the end even the staunch nationalists didn't care. They should have at least committed with backup plans like Sterritt if they were going to promote it as a focal point of the show.

I'm on his side. Calling them **** fights makes you sound like a huge tool.

Lighten up Mr. SJW. I'm actually a big fan of WMMA. It was a joke. I never thought I would get yelled at for using the "C" word on an mma forum. George Carlin was right about the pussification of America.

I would definitely pick Mir over Mo. He would break his arm. I agree with the rest though.

Volkov has fight twice outside of Bellator. He actually fought last month. Minanov on the other hand hasn't fought in almost a year.

Perhaps Mir breaks Mo's arm, sure, but Mir has never been known for his takedowns, and Mo has proven that he is very, very strong for his size. If he had a full camp to face Mir, I anticipate he'd come in on fight night at least in the mid/upper 220's, solid, with his natural strength and wrestling pedigree intact.

Mir has always had a hard time taking strong guys down to the mat. Cormier, Overeem, Barnett handled him mostly easily. Hell, if you want to bring up old shit, borderline middleweight Brandon Vera got his hands on Mir and drug him down remarkably easily before beating him up to a TKO stoppage.

Mir is a strong dude, but he's a plodder who can't take athletic guys down and can only hit stationary targets. In a three-round fight, I have Mo by UD.

Last edited:
I'd pick Barnett over every single one of them. In no dimension does Mo or any of the others beat Barnett.

Bellator has a god awful HW division, the opposite of Strikeforce oddly enough. Great smaller fights, shit LHW and HW fights.

I'm on his side. Calling them **** fights makes you sound like a huge tool.

You really think a drug-tested Barnett beats Kharitonov? Sure, a likely-juiced Barnett beat him once some years back, but this is the same Kharitonov who beat Arlovski, Overeem, Werdum, and Schilt. With drug testing in place, and with Kharitonov being the younger man, I think he steamrolls Barnett at this point and proceeds to steamroll most of the UFC top 10. Hell, he's already beaten three of the top 10 (including the interim champ and a top 5ish guy), and that's despite him only half-ass training in MMA and focusing on kickboxing on and off.

As a matter of fact, I think Kharitonov with six months of dedicated MMA training is roughly the third best MMA HW in the world right now.

Kharitonov aside, if you think guys like fuckin' Zombie Nog would win over younger HW's in other promotions--Volkov, Minakov, etc., then I just have to disagree and leave it at that.

UFC markets its heavyweights simply because they are big names and they are under contract, not because they are good.

Last edited:
Lighten up Mr. SJW. I'm actually a big fan of WMMA. It was a joke. I never thought I would get yelled at for using the "C" word on an mma forum. George Carlin was right about the pussification of America.

I use the word **** all the time, you made a dumb joke that made you come across as a tool. Quit being overweight.

Perhaps Mir breaks Mo's arm, sure, but Mir has never been known for his takedowns, and Mo has proven that he is very, very strong for his size. If he had a full camp to face Mir, I anticipate he'd come in on fight night at least in the mid/upper 220's, solid, with his natural strength and wrestling pedigree intact.

Mir has always had a hard time taking strong guys down to the mat. Cormier, Overeem, Barnett handled him mostly easily. Hell, if you want to bring up old shit, Brandon Vera got his hands on Mir and drug him down remarkably easily before beating him up to a TKO stoppage.

Mir is a strong dude, but he's a plodder who can't take athletic guys down and can only hit stationary targets. In a three-round fight, I have Mo by UD.

Cormier and Barnett are also better than Mo.

Mir doesn't have to worry about the TD, Mo only knows one fight style, the concrete blanket. Mir also has one of the trickiest guards with a high sub percentage.

LOL at King Mo actually having a fan.

Cormier and Barnett are also better than Mo.

Mir doesn't have to worry about the TD, Mo only knows one fight style, the concrete blanket. Mir also has one of the trickiest guards with a high sub percentage.

LOL at King Mo actually having a fan.

What about Overeem and Vera, are they better than Mo? The crazy thing about the truth is you can't pick and choose which of it to ignore. Also, when was the last time Mir subbed someone relevant and athletic from guard? This is 2015; top-level MMA guys rarely get subbed from guard, especially at the higher weight classes.

I'm not a fan of King Mo, but I am a fan of the truth. If King Mo fought Mir, I'd root for Mir. I just think he'd lose.

Paul Daley vs Andre Santos
[YT]GYOdi0vCJbM[/YT]​

What about Overeem and Vera, are they better than Mo? The crazy thing about the truth is you can't pick and choose which of it to ignore. Also, when was the last time Mir subbed someone relevant and athletic from guard?

Vera isn't in the UFC and Overeem is better than Mo.

Mir submitted Nog and Kongo.

When's the last time Mo had an entertaining fight?

When's the last time he fought a submission grappler?

Being a King Mo fan must be like having autism, even though you don't want to, you're still probably going to end up alone.

Vera isn't in the UFC and Overeem is better than Mo.

Mir submitted Nog and Kongo.

When's the last time Mo had an entertaining fight?

When's the last time he fought a submission grappler?

Being a King Mo fan must be like having autism, even though you don't want to, you're still probably going to end up alone.

LOL, I agree with everything you just said (and I'd say your comment about Vera being out of the UFC helps make my point). Mir beating Zombie Nog (after being hurt) and beating Kongo isn't more impressive than anything Mo has done. So I just think Mo UD's Mir, but it's a toss-up. Good chat, ridiculous card, see you tomorrow.

Anyone find out who the new ring card girl was tonight?

Kongo with the hespect for mo after the fight

These orgs should pick ring girls with bodies like King Mo's girls, although Invicta does have more curvaceous ring girls.

Newton seemed intent on setting a record for submission escapes (and I think he did). Getting caught, not once, but twice in a triangle didn't change his mind about diving between his opponent's legs. But either his opponent does half-ass submissions, or Newton tough as hell for getting out of those.

Scott Coker looked bigger than Fedor.

These orgs should pick ring girls with bodies like King Mo's girls, although Invicta does have more curvaceous ring girls.

Newton seemed intent on setting a record for submission escapes (and I think he did). Getting caught, not once, but twice in a triangle didn't change his mind about diving between his opponent's legs. But either his opponent does half-ass submissions, or Newton tough as hell for getting out of those.

Scott Coker looked bigger than Fedor.

People arent giving liam enough credit for those submission attempts, saying newton has no idea what he's doing on he ground. He set those up and its difficult grappling with a guy that has legs taht long and knows what he's doing.

that being said, long legs are very good for catching triangles, but not as good for finishing them. That coupled with the fact that liam never focused on a single submission I think contributed greatly to the multiple escapes.

Back