Bellator 149: Shamrock vs. Gracie 3 6:30pm ET Prelims/9pm ET Main Card Discussion

A lot of people bashing Bellator, but how many of you watch every event, not just the ones with Kimbo and Royce?

Like it or not these fights bring in the ratings. They're just giving the public what it wants, and doing what they need to do to survive and grow.

There were 300 Sherdoggers in this thread tonight. Check back next week and see how many there are for an event headlined by legit fighters.
Yes, the freakshow is nothing new. We're well aware that's how they work.

A lot of people bashing Bellator, but how many of you watch every event, not just the ones with Kimbo and Royce?

Like it or not these fights bring in the ratings. They're just giving the public what it wants, and doing what they need to do to survive and grow.

There were 300 Sherdoggers in this thread tonight. Check back next week and see how many there are for an event headlined by legit fighters.

The Bellator 148 thread had 203 posts, this one 2700 and counting
It has it now, and I loved it on paper. But this card has a lasting impact on the brand as a whole. All the casuals that tuned in for the first time? Think Bellator is a joke now. They will never watch again, I guarantee you that there are a LOT of people that will never watch a Bellator event because of this.

They are already seen as the Kroger brand but they watch this? It looks even worst.

Mayhem Miller on Inside MMA tonight may be calling off the worst night in the history of MMA. The sport has taken an absolute beating tonight.

It has it now, and I loved it on paper. But this card has a lasting impact on the brand as a whole. All the casuals that tuned in for the first time? Think Bellator is a joke now. They will never watch again, I guarantee you that there are a LOT of people that will never watch a Bellator event because of this.

They are already seen as the Kroger brand but they watch this? It looks even worst.

If Ken vs Kimbo got them to come back, then so will this. Most casuals can barely tell the difference between the Kimbo's and the Fedor's, they probably loved that fight.

I think they'll watch, anyone who was foolish enough to think Dada 5000 and Kimbo were legit will fall for it again, and the knowledgeable fans watch again because it's hilarious. Also the other main card fights were real good if they watched those.

I think the ratings will continue to increase.

I watched primarily for the nostalgia of Gracie vs Shamrock. Wasn't expecting much, and was still let down. Bellator needs to cut their ties with Kimbo and Shamrock or lose me as a fan.

I can't believe I left my house to go to a bar to watch this main card. Bellator owes me gas money.

Good job, Mr. Coker---- The Jimmies are indeed rustled.

For those whining about Bendo, don't fret, he's got a title shot right out of the gate, and it isn't against Kimbo. That fight is going to be awesome.

Look, Bellator puts on some great matches, but to pay the TVOverlords, they have to put on Freak shows once in a while. This wasn't a serious card, it was fluff for the casuals. The Bellator version of click bait.
If you are a fan of the sport you knew the mains were going to be a gong show---or you fucking SHOULD have known.

I didn't imagine they would be quite THAT terrible, but I knew going in I wasn't watching title contenders tonight.

OMG I never laughed so hard during an MMA fight as I did watching Kimbo vs Dada. I knew it was gonna be bad but that was hilariously bad. I was thinking if this goes past the first round, they're both going to gas.

Wasn't used to watch Bellator. Won't start now. That was pathetic. And fake.

Same old shills defending this Bellashit production. Shocking.

Guess Coker didn't blow all his money on Bendo.

Okay now it might be time to stop laughing. I heard this as a rumor but now Botter is confirming it...

Back