Bellator 153: Koreshkov vs. Henderson 7pm ET Prelims/8pm ET Main Card Discussion

Bendo also fought WW before...went 2-0 in yhe big show.
You didn't notice the size difference tonight? Bendo has never beaten a top-level WW. And it doesn't look like he ever will. Leave that 2-0 / Brandon Thatch junk out of this.

I really don't think he wants any part of that weight cut anymore, though. The fight with Cerrone was his last at 155, right?
Yep, the Cerrone fight was his last fight at 155, then he moved up to 170 with his coach / himself saying it was a move that could be permanent if I remember it correctly (don't quote me on the last part)

Bellashills thinking the organization that gave us Kimbo vs. Dada5000 and 60 year-old Ken Shammy vs. Royce Gracie isn't the minor leagues.

Putting on fights that get HUGE ratings is minor leagues now? lol ok. If that helps you sleep better at night.

His cardio usually wins him fights. Brandon Thatch. I thought he lost against Masvidal though. He is built so thick in the legs. I suppose this is what makes the cuts hard.

I saw him on Schaub's podcast once or twice and he was very enjoyable to listen to. I'm glad he's commentating.

Yeah. He's smart and i like him as well. I think Bellator is going to try to have do more steady commentary work for them which is a big part of why he left.
Sherdog.com Retweeted
Ben Askren ‎@Benaskren
Well I guess Koreshkov isn't a bum, I just made him look like one.

Ayy, lmao.

lol. That is a good one.

As a henderson fan, im HUUURRRTT, but not suprised.

Henderson's boxing and standup game is just not good enough to overcome that much of a reach advtange against a solid boxer.

Yeah, the thing that pisses me off about Bendo's stand up is that fucking double jab he throws. That shit is barely in range when he throws it

Seriously, what the fuck does Bendo do in Bellator now? I know Koreshkov, Lima...who else is there at WW? Someone answer me. This is not a rhetorical question.

318.gif

If Chandler is matched up with and beats Thomson then Thomson/Bendo II in another 5 rounder maybe. Normally I think they'd keep them apart to use them to boost a fighter's resume or build them both up but it'd be an easy sell with their past close fight. Plus it wouldn't drop the stock of the loser really.

Putting on fights that get HUGE ratings is minor leagues now? lol ok. If that helps you sleep better at night.

Bellator definitlely has some legit guys, they just dont have much depth. A top 20 world guy can clean out a division with like 3 fights

Bellators' commentary is serviceable but uninteresting, what they need to grow are big personalities.

Just going back to watch rest of the card, MVP styled on another no name but then taunts him and taunts him, its really classless. Do that to someone good and then maybe your taunts wont be that embarrassing.

Glad to see he's finally getting a real fight vs Gonzalez. After that if he wins it should be all legit guys from then on. Daley, Lima, Koreshkov.

Just going back to watch rest of the card, MVP styled on another no name but then taunts him and taunts him, its really classless. Do that to someone good and then maybe your taunts wont be that embarrassing.

Glad to see he's finally getting a real fight vs Gonzalez. After that if he wins it should be all legit guys from then on. Daley, Lima, Koreshkov.
Oh no, a fighter is showing personality. Lets all shit on him and call him classless. Go back to being zombies folks, we don't want stars because then they can demand bigger contracts!

Wow Cyborg tapped Ward out in his hometown.

I thought that had more to do with him losing multiple times and being far away from title contention than the weight cut.

Maybe. But there have been hints for years now that he doesn't like that weight cut. This is a guy who has had to use the towel before.

February 2015: "grueling weight cuts"..."To be able to train and compete and do everything, and not have to worry about, not have to stress about, not have to physically go through the drastic cutting of your calories, the drastic losing of water weight, you have no idea how excited I am for that."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/6...-didn-t-think-twice-about-taking-short-notice

September 2014: "irritating weight cut"
http://www.mmamania.com/2014/9/25/6...-welterweight-avoid-irritating-weight-cut-mma

October 2012: "I think I’m getting older right now, and it’s getting harder for me to lose the weight … and it’s harder for me to keep the weight off"
http://mmajunkie.com/2012/10/cuttin...ufc-champ-henderson-fights-future-move-to-170

Plus, you have to factor in two other things. One, by his next fight it will be a year and a half since his last LW fight. He's probably put on some quality weight in that time which he's not going to excited to lose. Two, where's the incentive? It's Bellator. There aren't really many big name fights, and he's not going to get PPV points, so whether he fights some nobody at 170 or at 155, it's not a big difference. Why lose the muscle you've put on in order to be competitive at 170 and then once again make that brutal weight cut to 155 just so you can fight some other guy that doesn't have name value?

I just doubt he'll be at 155 again.

Oh no, a fighter is showing personality. Lets all shit on him and call him classless. Go back to being zombies folks, we don't want stars because then they can demand bigger contracts!

Let's be real. Page is fighting NOBODIES. Bellator is trying to build him into a star. Smart business move, I would do the same in their situation.

Taunting against opponents you are supposed to beat is weird.

Back