Bellator 160: Bendo vs Pitbull - Los Angeles

1. Benson Henderson gets signed by Bellator, and is one of their two hottest fighters, and most expensive fighters on the roster.

2. Benson gets mollywopped by Andrey Koreshkov @ 170 pounds.

3. Patricio, a 145`er, calls out Michael Chandler at 155 to get redemption for beating his brother.

4. Patricio goes up from 145 to fight Benson at 155 in a #1 contender match to fight Michael Chandler.

5. Patricio randomly hurts his foot after winning Round 1 and roughly half of Round 2 against Benson.

6. Patricio loses via stoppage for the first time in his MMA career.

7. Benson now broke his losing streak and will fight Chandler @ 155 like most people thought he would when he signed with Bellator.

8. Patricio will take time off and go back down to 145 and still be as relevant as he was before he went to 155.

9. Patricio closed at +340 on 5dimes.

Not sure about everyone confident Pitbull was gonna win though. Looked like it was on its way to be classing Benson split with how he picked up the pace

Not sure about everyone confident Pitbull was gonna win though. Looked like it was on its way to be classing Benson split with how he picked up the pace

Hard to say for sure, but he was clearly a solid play regardless.

That's a wall punching outcome if I've ever seen one. Holy shit I'm livid right now. Benson's best performance tonight was remembering some bible verse rather than the actual part with fighting, what a douche. Freak injury which is the first time Patricio's ever been stopped and it happens like halfway through a fight he was clearly winning. Feel sick right now. this one fucking hurts, one of the worst bad beats ever. Suck my dick bellator.

I need to woosah this shit out of my system

He was up a rd and was winning the second up until the injury, benson can't finish for shit. Pitbull was a pretty big dog (no pun intended). The best chance was benson eking out a close, most likely, disputed Dec as a 4-1 favorite, just a really really bad beat.

He clearly won rd 1 and was pretty clearly ahead the first half of rd 2 (though not as clear cut as at least Bendo was throwing SOMETHING).

But he was winning. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy at all, but man I really do feel like the mark in one of those Con Artist movies.

Is it common to have a fighter going from +200 to +340 in a matter of minutes before a fight ? It seemed a bit "unnatural" to me

He was up a rd and was winning the second up until the injury, benson can't finish for shit. Pitbull was a pretty big dog (no pun intended). The best chance was benson eking out a close, most likely, disputed Dec as a 4-1 favorite, just a really really bad beat.
He clearly won rd 1 and was pretty clearly ahead the first half of rd 2 (though not as clear cut as at least Bendo was throwing SOMETHING).

But he was winning. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy at all, but man I really do feel like the mark in one of those Con Artist movies.
I had round 2 even after Pitbull's big right. Before that I had Benson ahead. He landed more and negated the td with the kimura attempt which put him in dominant position besides the 2 seconds he was on his butt. But either way Pitbull was def the play to make, especially anyone hitting those +3xx

Shit happens, gotta just move onto the next one I guess. Still a really tough one to shake off, even for taylor swift.

To feed into the conspiracy theory more, wtf was Chandler talking about in trying to say Bendo was "controlling the fight with his size and reach" in rd 1? Yeah he was moving forward, but he wasn't throwing any strikes and was just getting hit withh leg kicks and punches while sort of half ass stalking Pitbull.

It's like Chandler saw the higher profile fight slipping away and was trying to talk everyone (and himself maybe?) thatn Bendo was winning.

There's literally ZERO way that anyone who knows a modicum of MMA would say Bendo won rd 1 or was even close to winning it. Yet the champ in the division seemed to be trying to sell that.

Awful, bizarre, garbage night. Tomorrow has to be better guys.

F me.

Bellator 160 Results

Patricio Freire (+190) vs Benson Henderson $500.00 for $950.00= -$500.00
Patricio Freire (+340) vs Benson Henderson $100.00 for $340.00= -$100.00
Patricio Freire scorecards = no action (+236) $100.00 for $236.00= -$100.00
Not Benson Henderson inside distance (-345) $345.00 for $100.00= -$345.00
Patricio Freire/Benson Henderson Over 2½ (-225) $225.00 for $100.00= -$225.00

Georgi Karakhanyan (+140) vs Bubba Jenkins $200.00 for $280.00= $280.00
Georgi Karakhanyan wins inside distance (+235) $40.00 for $94.00= $94.00
Georgi Karakhanyan/Bubba Jenkins Over 2½ (-180) $90.00 for $50.00= -$90.00

Saad Awad (+135) vs Derek Anderson $200.00 for $270.00= -$200.00

A.J. McKee/Cody Walker Under 1½ (-110) $55.00 for $50.00= $50.00

Parlays:
A.J. McKee/Cody Walker won’t go 3 round distance (-350) + Not Henderson inside distance (-345) $152.00 for $100.07= -$152.00
A.J. McKee wins inside distance (-215) + Not Derek Anderson inside distance (-215) $100.00 for $114.66= $114.66
------
Total Loss= -$1173.34

Well that sucks pitbull loses and the over doesnt hit lost just over a unit

If anyone brags about a bendo win there or if anyone regrets pitbull bets, I will lose my mind.

This is the essence of betting my friend. You had good luck on your side when you bet on Sherman against Jack May, remember when I was big on him and you won with a fluke injury? Well, Badluck goes both ways.

I got lucky this time.

Got my ass handed to me on my over 2.5 Pitbull/Henderson bet. Was my biggest play of the weekend. Hoping to re-coup tomorrow.

Glad I didn't bet on this shit, I'm being strict and if I had of bet I'd of been screwed big time

Back