Bellator 163: McGeary vs Davis 6:50PM ET Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

chunglii

No Me Duele
@Titanium
Reaction score
Bellator 163: McGeary vs Davis
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/41806-bellator-163

mcgeary-davis-bmmaGraphic-750.jpg

Friday 11.04.2016 at 09:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV | Prelims: Spike.com
Promotion: Bellator MMA
Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
Venue: Mohegan Sun Arena
Enclosure: Cage
TV Announcers: Sean Grande, Jimmy Smith
Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
Post-Fight Interviews: Jimmy Smith
Number of MMA bouts: 14

Main Card
9PM ET Spike TV
Liam McGeary vs. Phil Davis205 lbs
For the Bellator LHW title
Saad Awad vs. Brennan Ward170 lbs
Marloes Coenen vs. Talita Nogueira145 lbs
Nogueira overweight, fight canceled
Paul Daley vs. Derek Anderson170 lbs
Daley health issues relating to weight cut, fight canceled
Sergei Kharitonov vs. Javy Ayala265 lbs
Prelims 6:50PM ET bellator.spike.com
Josh Diekmann vs. Tyler King265 lbs
Blair Tugman vs. W. Smith-Cotito145 lbs
Mike Zichelle vs. Tim Caron185 lbs
Ilya Kotau vs. Carlos Correia170 lbs
Sarah Payant vs. Hannah Regina125 lbs
Keenan Raymond vs. Kastriot Xhema170 lbs
Tom English vs. Chris Foster145 lbs
James Boran vs. Vinicius de Jesus170 lbs
Ed Ruth vs. Mark Mangiardi185 lbs
Tyrell Fortune vs. Cody Miskell265 lbs
Neiman Gracie vs. Rudy Bears170 lbs

Phil Davis fans are the type of people who put pineapples on their pizza.

WAR LIAM

Jimmy Smith said Paul Daley was going to weigh-in later and neither Marloes Coenen nor Talita Nogueira weighed in and they weren't even mentioned. Wonder if that fight is still on?

Also, Liam McGeary looked huge compared to Phil Davis. He told Jimmy Smith in the interview that after the fight Phil Davis was going to be Mr. Wonder What Happened.

talita miised weight by 5 pounds jee was she even trying to cut weight?

Every time people mention a 145 pound UFC title I just laugh. Most the chicks at the weight class are unprofessional.

The other two are Coenen and Cyborg.

omg tito on the pc right now. lol. bout to get butchered by lord chael.

Hearing Coenen/Nog fight is off due to Nog missing weight.

Great post! Looking forward to the fights tomorrow. Here are my picks for the main card. Who do you guys have?

LHW Championship: Liam McGeary. Was counting him out originally due to Phil's wrestling, but McGeary is looking way bigger than Phil. McGeary's ground game is no joke, so I think he can outmuscle Davis and get a sub after Davis takes it to the ground.

WW Co-Main Event: Brennan Ward. Ward is coming in hungry after his fluke loss to Cyborg back in April. If Ward can keep a straight head and not get over aggressive early on like he did with Cyborg, I think he scores a round 1 TKO.

WW Daley/Anderson: Paul Daley. I really like Anderson and want to see him get a shot at the 155 lb title, but I think Daley is bigger and stronger than Anderson. I think Daley will out power Anderson. This fight has potential to go into the later rounds since Anderson can take a punch.

HW Ayala/Sergei: Sergei. The guy has some big wins over big name opponents throughout his career such as Werdum and Arlovski. Should be a very one sided match in favor of Sergei.

BW Womens Fight is no longer on the card according to Bellator's website. Can anyone confirm?

Great post! Looking forward to the fights tomorrow. Here are my picks for the main card. Who do you guys have?

LHW Championship: Liam McGeary. Was counting him out originally due to Phil's wrestling, but McGeary is looking way bigger than Phil. McGeary's ground game is no joke, so I think he can outmuscle Davis and get a sub after Davis takes it to the ground.

WW Co-Main Event: Brennan Ward. Ward is coming in hungry after his fluke loss to Cyborg back in April. If Ward can keep a straight head and not get over aggressive early on like he did with Cyborg, I think he scores a round 1 TKO.

WW Daley/Anderson: Paul Daley. I really like Anderson and want to see him get a shot at the 155 lb title, but I think Daley is bigger and stronger than Anderson. I think Daley will out power Anderson. This fight has potential to go into the later rounds since Anderson can take a punch.

HW Ayala/Sergei: Sergei. The guy has some big wins over big name opponents throughout his career such as Werdum and Arlovski. Should be a very one sided match in favor of Sergei.

BW Womens Fight is no longer on the card according to Bellator's website. Can anyone confirm?
We have the same picks, the more difficult by far to choose was Liam vs Phil, another one close is Wars vs Awad...but Ward have my trust for this one, if he stay focus

Coenen/Nog fight is officially scratched.

I'll try and catch this one. Main event? Solid. probably should be a fairly easy fight for Davis, however..

Old Sergei? Daley v Anderson? Watchable card. If there were the first 4 fights in an 8 man tournament along with those three fights you would have a really sweet card.

I really hope Liam wins.

I think Ward will win my KO. Awad has shown to be very chinny throughout his Bellator stint.

Should be a really fun card, even some of the prelims look really good! I like them both, but I'm rooting for Liam. If for nothing else then to breath some fresh life into 205. A little gutted about the women's featherweight fight being called off though, hopefully they reschedule it for sometime soon.

I shouldn't even think about it, but it's Bellator....so if Bellator buries Ruth and/or Fortune on the dark postlims, I swear to god...

Great card. Phil Davis by easy decision. The rest of main card looks solid.

I shouldn't even think about it, but it's Bellator....so if Bellator buries Ruth and/or Fortune on the dark postlims, I swear to god...
Probably their prelims today are going to be Ruth, Fortune and Gracie, at least i think that, but like you said, it's Bellator......

Back