Bellator 163: McGeary vs Davis 6:50PM ET Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

Sonnen vs Davis at the end of 2017 for the Bellator LHW title.....

Proud of myself. I've gotten really good at being able to tune Chael out.

I'm a Phil fan. Y'all haters can suck it :p
You all know the UFC needs him back.

I dunno man
"Ain't making shit from sponsors"

With UFC allowing nothing I'd have to think companies like Monster are putting a little more into promotions like Bellator.

Certainly more than the 3-5k I've seen reported from Reebok.

You can't argue that the Reebok deal was bad for the fighters.

Every.
Single.
One.

Easy mode. Phil studied Liam well and made sure he never had a chance to pull off one of his submissions. One thing Phil did especially well was always trapping one of Liam's legs in between his own legs so he could never throw up the triangle choke. And of course he easily transitioned between mount and side control like it was nothing
It's called half guard.

Lmfao. Go watch Rashad vs Phil. Cormier would manhandle Davis.

I don't know, Cormier couldn't even manhandle Anderson Silva who wasn't training and on a few days notice. I think Cormier's days are at an end but we will see. And people forget Rashad actually used to be good.

I don't know, Cormier couldn't even manhandle Anderson Silva who wasn't training and on a few days notice. I think Cormier's days are at an end but we will see. And people forget Rashad actually used to be good.

There's a certain level cut off in the LHW division. Phil isn't good enough to beat the top 3.

I absolutely love it when these squash-matches backfire on Bellator. Giving someone like Sergei a borderline jobber and he gets KO'd in 16 seconds, amazing.

Also, Davis dominated as expected. Nobody in that division can touch him, but he can't touch the true elite in the UFC. Disclaimer - I'm not saying anyone in Bellator can't touch the elite, just in the weaker weight-classes in Bellator (mw and above).

It's called half guard.

No shit sherlock

cb7.jpg

But normally half guard is used by the guy on bottom to tangle his opponent's legs and stop him from transitioning and then either sweeping or getting back full guard. Phil was putting Liam into half guard aggressively to stop him from attempting his triangle choke and the way Phil trapped Liam's leg he couldn't tangle up Phil's to stop him from getting to mount when it opened up

Last edited:
I absolutely love it when these squash-matches backfire on Bellator. Giving someone like Sergei a borderline jobber and he gets KO'd in 16 seconds, amazing.

Also, Davis dominated as expected. Nobody in that division can touch him, but he can't touch the true elite in the UFC. Disclaimer - I'm not saying anyone in Bellator can't touch the elite, just in the weaker weight-classes in Bellator (mw and above).

There are 4 guys who matter at LHW, the 5-10 guys in the ufc can't touch them either.

It's called half guard.
Na isn't half guard, watch good, Phil always had had the knee over the stomach of Liam, always he was never actually in real half guard for much time

No shit sherlock

cb7.jpg

But normally half guard is used by the guy on bottom to tangle his opponent's legs and stop him from transitioning and then either sweeping or getting back full guard. Phil was putting Liam into half guard aggressively to stop him from attempting his triangle choke and the way Phil trapped Liam's leg he couldn't tangle up Phil's to stop him from getting to mount when it opened up

Liam wasnt really in half guard he kept going for leg locks and phil would defend it. so liam would end up in a position where his top leg was across phils leg, which is mostly useless except for holding them back from getting mount

Front page of Sherdog says Davis is lightweight champion now. Fucking pukes disgracing Sherwood.

Big upset for Javy.

Phil Davis new Bellator champ!

Random thought, but did Ward remind anyone else of Chris Leben last night? I think that's one of the reasons I've always been a fan of Wards. Leben was one of my favorites to watch, because you were always going to get a slug fest.

I knew he would dominate Liam but no matter who ya had winning Phil-Mo...it showed Mo could probably beat Phil on any given night..and vice versa of course. Thats the match to make.

Back