Bellator 180 - Sonnen vs Wanderlei - NYC

Just finished watching the event, never really watch Bellator anymore but that was one of the weirdest cards I've ever seen.

- Highly rated prospect rocked and then tapped in seconds
- Chandler fight being an almost identical version of Varner/Krause.
- Nearly a double KO with Fedor losing.
- Some weird military-esque cage entrance by NYFD fellas and a guitar solo rendition of the American national anthem by the guy from fucking Jane's Addiction.
- Tito Ortiz heckling Chael in between rounds like I'm watching No Retreat, No Surrender.
- Wanderlei shoving Chael post-fight while Chael is insulting New York and calling out a guy who isn't in his weightclass who just got KO'ed.

Of the 2 fights that had any significance, one was on the prelims and the other opened the PPV.

Mental.

It was fun being at this event live. The weirdness + hilarious entrance videos + some decent fights was a solid combo.

The only thing I lost on was larkin. Had 1u on him by dec and threw another 2u on his moneyline when it was -155. He fought horribly. Not just the tentativeness, but when you do get some rhythm you decide to exchange in the pocket with Lima? How fucking stupid. With all that experience against similar styles (Ponz, Tumenov, Mas) I thought Larkin would shine here

Only other regret is not going harder than .35u on Couture dec +500. Couture is not a finisher, I really liked this line.

Also managed to hit that big bet on o4.5 Davis/Bader I posted in here, was always on Mitrione, and bet not chael itd

Having not done much research into this card, these were my preflight bets

Davis - 1u @ -120
Larkin - 1u @ -130
Pico fight U1.5 - 1u @ +120
Davis + Larkin + Pico ML - 1u (I laughed at this)
Sonnen + Davis - 1u
Fedor - 1u (wanted some action and didn't want to bet against the last emperor)

Pretty disastrous......EXCEPT.

Live betting on bet victor

1.5u Bader @ +500

So I ended the night 3.5U up for the night despite not doing any research and basically being a drunken degenerate.

Lesson learned.

Back