Bellator 185 - Mousasi vs Shlemenko - Connecticut

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-185-Mousasi-vs-Shlemenko-62107

za4FP1IcSTycrK0z1kBV5w.png

Last edited:
So I take it Rickels/Ward and McGeary/McDaniel is off? This card looks pretty poor now.

Gonna do few large parlays with mousasi. very confident!

Openers out.

Brennan Ward and Javier Torres out with injuries so card is even worse than before.

thought i would look into Blaine vs Julaton since Julaton is 37 have zero tdd or ground game and no mma fights in almost 3 years only to find out Blaine is 38 herself and only started doing mma/combat sports at age 35 lol she only have one pro fight against 49 yo 0-2 fighter :eek: wtf is this shit.. impossible to cap lol

thought i would look into Blaine vs Julaton since Julaton is 37 have zero tdd or ground game and no mma fights in almost 3 years only to find out Blaine is 38 herself and only started doing mma/combat sports at age 35 lol she only have one pro fight against 49 yo 0-2 fighter :eek: wtf is this shit.. impossible to cap lol

Worst Bellator card... possibly ever. Bucia the epitome of jobber-eque guys they feed to Gracies. Two chick fights where watching the tape is a devastating prospect. I'm not even that interested in the ME. Mousasi is just too far ahead at this point. What a waste in Bellator at his weight class.

I'm probably the only guy who actually took the time to watch these chicks fight. Was a waste of time as far as picking a side. Definitely made the same :eek: face while watching tape.

I'll save you guys some time but hitting the key points here:
- Blaine has been training grappling and striking for 4 years, will be fighting at home, and has KO power in her right hook (possibly only against grandmothers)
- Julaton has been fighting lackluster opponents as well and despite her 34-1 boxing record, does not seem to use it that effectively in MMA. Most of her fights go to decision. She also only has some grappling experience. Seems to have athletic ability but poor MMA IQ. Hasn't fought in 2 years whereas Blaine has been rattling off wins in amateurs during that time.

Was hoping for Blaine at +200 odds or better against a boxing champ but that's not happening. I don't see either girl submitting each other. Julaton has no finishing ability on the feet. And Blaine *shoudln't* be able to KO a boxing champ. So I kinda like that over 2.5 rounds.

^ Forgot to add that the only way I see one of these ladies is finishing the other is if one gets mount somehow and does some constant but weak GnP for like 10+ seconds to get a ref stoppage.

I'm probably the only guy who actually took the time to watch these chicks fight. Was a waste of time as far as picking a side. Definitely made the same :eek: face while watching tape.

I'll save you guys some time but hitting the key points here:
- Blaine has been training grappling and striking for 4 years, will be fighting at home, and has KO power in her right hook (possibly only against grandmothers)
- Julaton has been fighting lackluster opponents as well and despite her 34-1 boxing record, does not seem to use it that effectively in MMA. Most of her fights go to decision. She also only has some grappling experience. Seems to have athletic ability but poor MMA IQ. Hasn't fought in 2 years whereas Blaine has been rattling off wins in amateurs during that time.

Was hoping for Blaine at +200 odds or better against a boxing champ but that's not happening. I don't see either girl submitting each other. Julaton has no finishing ability on the feet. And Blaine *shoudln't* be able to KO a boxing champ. So I kinda like that over 2.5 rounds.

good post. agree that the over seems like a decent bet its rare to see over line on a flyweight wmma fight that is not in the -250 range

btw Julaton had two boxing fights in the time she have been away from mma two draws vs 2-14-1 and 12-17 fighters lol.. further cementing the fact that she dont seem to have any power

Why is Kristina williams +270?

Never heard of hardy, is she some kind of prospect?

They have 1 pro fight combined, why is this not burried on the prelims?

Just finished watching tape for Surin/Quinn.

Surin's 4 opponents have a combined record of 4-6. There's a good chance he's not really ready for this step up in competition. Because of cancellations this fight got bumped to the main card and Surin is from CT where the event is. Surin is a strong wrestler starting off in amateurs in 2013 and has had four pro fights against bottom of the barrel competition in the past 2 years.

Ryan Quinn is a 9 year vet that coaches at ATT, and has a Bellator record of 7-1 losing only to Saad Awad during this time. He's fought mostly at welterweight but fought Awad at 155 last time. There's nothing special about the guy, doesn't seem particularly strong, is competent in grappling. Problem is that he performs well in Bellator but keeps losing in regional fights in between Bellator appearances.

Despite Quinn being a Bellator journeyman at best, he's still a few levels above Surin in terms of competiion. Surin is a strong wrestler and may control Quinn for moments in this fight, but doesn't seem like he'll be able to avoid a submission in the span of 15 minutes. There's a video of him getting submitted by a triangle in a grappling match within like 30 seconds. Oh, and Quinn is from CT too, so this won't even be a hometown advantage type of deal for Surin.

This is one of those situations where there's a good likelihood that Quinn just subs Surin quickly. If Surin is legit, the worst it'll be is a close back and forth grappling match. Quinn seems like a good play here at near even odds.

Just finished watching tape for Surin/Quinn.

Surin's 4 opponents have a combined record of 4-6. There's a good chance he's not really ready for this step up in competition. Because of cancellations this fight got bumped to the main card and Surin is from CT where the event is. Surin is a strong wrestler starting off in amateurs in 2013 and has had four pro fights against bottom of the barrel competition in the past 2 years.

Ryan Quinn is a 9 year vet that coaches at ATT, and has a Bellator record of 7-1 losing only to Saad Awad during this time. He's fought mostly at welterweight but fought Awad at 155 last time. There's nothing special about the guy, doesn't seem particularly strong, is competent in grappling. Problem is that he performs well in Bellator but keeps losing in regional fights in between Bellator appearances.

Despite Quinn being a Bellator journeyman at best, he's still a few levels above Surin in terms of competiion. Surin is a strong wrestler and may control Quinn for moments in this fight, but doesn't seem like he'll be able to avoid a submission in the span of 15 minutes. There's a video of him getting submitted by a triangle in a grappling match within like 30 seconds. Oh, and Quinn is from CT too, so this won't even be a hometown advantage type of deal for Surin.

This is one of those situations where there's a good likelihood that Quinn just subs Surin quickly. If Surin is legit, the worst it'll be is a close back and forth grappling match. Quinn seems like a good play here at near even odds.

I was just coming in to post that Quinn seems like a solid play. He's getting undervalued here due to his record. Besides his first loss in 2009 and arguably his loss to Funch in 2011, all of the others are tough fights. We all know about Awad, but while people may not recognize the names of his other losses (Shabliy, Zerjal, Lloveras), their combined record is 43-12. The other loss was to Stephens who defeated Lyman Good on TUF and actually looked solid. This is a big step up in competition for Surin and Surin doesn't seem to be the type of guy that Quinn would lose to - at least not easily.

Just out of interest is anybody on shlemenko? And if so, why?

Back