Bellator 190 averages 394k viewers, lowest ever on Spike TV

Woof. Not so sure Mayday Macdonald is the type of draw to give them a boost next week.

They need the ratings to deliver for their huge January card. The January card is going head to head with Stipe vs Ngannou PPV though

Woof. Not so sure Mayday Macdonald is the type of draw to give them a boost next week.

They need the ratings to deliver for their huge January card. The January card is going head to head with Stipe vs Ngannou PPV though

Remember when they had the NYC card? I wasn't too hyped about it, but a lot of people were because of Fedor/Wand/Chael etc. (which I can understand).
They carried over no hype at all. It's feels like that card killed their ratings loland it seems like the weak cards and tape delays start to show their effect.
The big signings didn't do much in 2017, they fought not often enough.

The trend will continue. Cable is rapidly becoming a thing of the past

Viacom launching the new Bellator app doesn’t help tv rating. New app will only continue to canablize tv ratings as one could stream from anywhere through the app(unless authenticating your tv deal will actually tally you as someone who watched)

Tons of competition. Loma/rigo, salido fight, ufc.

It was also an international event.

I’ve said this before, but Bellator should always blow their load early on in the year, and have the left over cards at the end of the year. No way they can compete with mainstream sports like football, basketball and such.

Seems to me that is what they are doing. Hold most international events at the end of the year because they will draw flies in the states regardless.

If they aired it live on Sat afternoon they would have done a better rating.

airing it on tape delay against a UFC and a big boxing card on ESPN meant most people didnt watch it. I didnt. Saw the Carvalho gif online.

Had it aired live at 4pm or whatever I would have watched it.

That Jan card should do well even against UFC card but not sure its gonna the numbers Bellator needs it to do.

Thats a card with the best fight they have and Sonnen/Rampage, Chandler/Goiti on it, it needs to do well over a million average but I dont think it will.

Well this is what happens when you tape delay sports in 2017. No sympathy for Coker and co. These guys are pure idiots. Stuck in 2003. Morons.

I mean..... it was a small show of primarily european fighters on tape delay from Florence, Italy. Y'all were expecting 1.3Mil?

Well this is what happens when you tape delay sports in 2017. No sympathy for Coker and co. These guys are pure idiots. Stuck in 2003. Morons.

I am not sure it is Coker's fault. It is a Spike decision all the way. Bellator serves as mere programming for Spike. If Bellator becomes more expensive to produce than other programming the network could show, then the promotion's costs will be trimmed or other moves be made.

airing it on tape delay against a UFC and a big boxing card on ESPN meant most people didnt watch it. I didnt. Saw the Carvalho gif online.

That would mean they couldn't tape delay it. And you know how much Bellator loves a tape delay.

Hey guys heads up for any west coast tape delayers, the bellator app allows you to watch the fights in real time, no delay. They were promoting this on their last card.

I mean..... it was a small show of primarily european fighters on tape delay from Florence, Italy. Y'all were expecting 1.3Mil?

It seems like they're content with the trade off between live gates in Europe and declining ratings.

Wasn't the card Carvalho/Sakara? Yeah I think they weren't counting on ratings for money they were counting on the gate and Sakara fans coming to the event.

Here' a little thought.....

Perhaps since spike is changing to Paramount soon all these smaller cards are just going through the motions until the new network and bigger fights next year.

Bellator isn' expecting record breaking numbers with these cards with regional fighters and not much name value.They are expanding their presence internationally and making money.

They already are talking about a card in Rome after 2 years of successul cards in italy.

These numbers sucked but did anyone really expect 600000 ???

Nope

Paramount network and HW GP here we come lol.

This is the long term effects of stupid shit like having senior citizens headline. Yes it draws in viewers at first but then they see how terrible those fights were and get put off of the product altogether.

Why not DVR it and watch it later instead of settling for a shitty .gif of just one fight with no sound? I didn't watch it when it first aired on Spike either but I think my DVR recording of Bellator 190 and the kickboxing card that followed and watching it the next day counts for the ratings within a certain time period anyway.

To be fair....it was a terrible card. I’m no sure why they’re so desperate to expand into Italy. When Alessio Sakara is the only person that draws fans from s country....maybe let that one go.

Why not DVR it and watch it later instead of settling for a shitty .gif of just one fight with no sound? I didn't watch it when it first aired on Spike either but I think my DVR recording of Bellator 190 and the kickboxing card that followed and watching it the next day counts for the ratings within a certain time period anyway.

Multiple things recording at that time, I had UFC, HBO boxing and ESPn boxing and my GF had some shit taping and there was no more spots open.

and frankly nothing on that card had me interested. I would have watched it live in afternoon if they aired it.

Keep doing shitty tape delayed cards and they will continue to see their ratings tank.

Multiple things recording at that time, I had UFC, HBO boxing and ESPn boxing and my GF had some shit taping and there was no more spots open.

and frankly nothing on that card had me interested. I would have watched it live in afternoon if they aired it.

Keep doing shitty tape delayed cards and they will continue to see their ratings tank.
I have two DVRs just for myself, so I managed to record all that more or less simultaneously. Other than the main event there were three upsets on the Bellator card, so I was pleasantly surprised to watch it the next morning. The fights are already on the Bellator web site by the way: http://bellator.spike.com/videos

To be fair....it was a terrible card. I’m no sure why they’re so desperate to expand into Italy. When Alessio Sakara is the only person that draws fans from s country....maybe let that one go.
It’s about money. Plain and simple. It’s not about how good or in his prime a fighter is. It’s about how much he can draw. Patrosyan and Sakara have drawn well for Bellator in Italy.

Bellator probably sees a strong economic market in Italy, so they are trying to penetrate a bit.. get tv deals then look to monetize those tv deals in the future.

That is probably what’s going on with Ireland as well.

Back