Bellator 191 Dec. 15 headlined by Michael McDonald

I have questioned the Coker era multiple times...Back in 08 when Bellator kicked off and remember it was 150 g's for a tourney win....man those were the days. I miss those, the tournament format and Bjorn era were so much fun. However I still love Bellator...it's all unraveling, just takes a while.
I’m still waiting for it all to come together but there are massive flaws in Coker’s promoting that look like they will never disappear. In Strikeforce there was the constant Fighter A vs TBA. Nowadays in Bellator you don’t find out the card until a week before. How as a fan can you get excited if you don’t even know who’s fighting? Then there’s the constant coddled matchmaking. When they have a certain fighter, they will match them up with complete cans forever and then all of a sudden they jump into a big test. There are no gatekeeper matchups to see how a prospect is doing. It’s either can or contender. It’s annoying. I want to see competitive fights and every card is just filled with mismatches.

Which div do you think has had the most fights on Bellator main cards this year?

LW? Maybe WW?

Nope its catchweight.

Yep. It is a Joe T situation all over again if he wins now.

Difference is I could see Bellator giving him the title shot if he wins. They didnt give Joe T one but he wasnt a new signing/name in the div.

Div is shallow and I dont even know who Caldwell fights next, he's beaten Warren and Dantas. So unless they already have something planned for Caldwell in a few months and Mayday wins this and wants to take another fight quickly I could see them just giving him the next shot in March or something.

Which div do you think has had the most fights on Bellator main cards this year?

LW? Maybe WW?

Nope its catchweight.

Wow McDonald missed weight 138’

Hope McDonald is taking his career seriously, no excuse to miss when you're young and not even very big for the division.

He could be a big deal in Bellator if he can get back to how he looked before he fought Barao.

Sometimes I forget that there are actually people who watch part of the card and not the whole card. Or at least they claim to do that to make a point- whether it's true or not is another story. It makes no sense to me, but to each their own. I personally have never cared that much which fight is main or co-main unless it's super obvious, like a title fight or big star at the top.

To be honest the whole card is pretty bad. Mcdonald is cool so ill watch and it has thompson/de fries which is an interesting slop fest to me. I'll skip the woman fight tho like i do 90% of the time. It's just not interesting to me. I don't watch the wnba either but i like basketball.

This event has already been on. I was their live so won’t give any results away

oh cool another tape delay

Damn I thought it was live.. but this is a good fight.

edit: and its all over.

As much as I would love for Yamauchi to win, Chandler will maul him

I’m still waiting for it all to come together but there are massive flaws in Coker’s promoting that look like they will never disappear. In Strikeforce there was the constant Fighter A vs TBA. Nowadays in Bellator you don’t find out the card until a week before. How as a fan can you get excited if you don’t even know who’s fighting? Then there’s the constant coddled matchmaking. When they have a certain fighter, they will match them up with complete cans forever and then all of a sudden they jump into a big test. There are no gatekeeper matchups to see how a prospect is doing. It’s either can or contender. It’s annoying. I want to see competitive fights and every card is just filled with mismatches.
Coker makes local fighters sell tickets and if you sell enough he will put you on the card.

Back