Bellator 194 draws 476K viewers

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://mmapayout.com/2018/02/bellator-194-draws-476000-viewers-on-paramount/

Bellator MMA Live 194 on the Paramount Network drew 476,000 viewers according to Nielsen via ShowBuzz Daily.

The event featured the second fight in the Bellator MMA World Grand Prix with Matt Mitrione defeating Roy Nelson. The telecast also featured Patricky Friere as he stopped Derek Campos in the first round.

The event did slightly better than last month’s Bellator 193 but is below of 2017’s average of 614,000 viewers. Through just 3 events this year, the average is down to 572,000 viewers. One would have suspected this event doing better than 476,000 viewers since it featured the Heavyweight Grand Prix. But, it was going up against the Winter Olympics so that may have come into play.

Disappointing ratings for sure.

I agree. Thought it would do a bit better than that

was to be expected. they went up against the Olympics and the premiere of black panther.

I'm curious to know how Paramount ratings are compared to Spike. I'm sure they've alienated alot of their base

I'm not from America so not exactly sure how Bellator runs over there but I don't understand the low numbers, I mean it's free for fuck sake and a decent product.

unable to hold onto those indiana jones viewers

What you'd expect. These kinds of shows are gonna do sub 500k.

NBA Allstar opening night too

Dont buy that, if this was a one time thing then ok but more and more Bellator shows are doing these kinds of numbers, plus it was what, futures or celebrity game? Not like it was dunk contest or all star game like UFC had to go against on Sunday.

Plus think boxing on ESPn did over 700k facing the same thing.

Dont buy that, if this was a one time thing then ok but more and more Bellator shows are doing these kinds of numbers, plus it was what, futures or celebrity game? Not like it was dunk contest or all star game like UFC had to go against on Sunday.

It was a busy sports weekend all around is all I was sayin. Rising Stars game I think it was.

Anywho the ratings match the quality of the fighters imo

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Bellator ratings. They do everything possible to not get fans excited or to spread the word of an event. They filmed a countdown show and released the second episode the day of the event. Are you serious? Is that not the dumbest shit you’ve ever heard of? Like why waste your money even doing a countdown when you’ll release it the day of the event? Countdowns are useless after the event and their only value is prior to hype the fight! Who is running the show I mean come on you gotta have content on fight week to get fans excited and build anticipation. Bellator is just bleh at this point. No idea what they’re doing over there.

Man how much did they pay Matt and Roy to get them from the UFC? These guys did the same numbers anyone at Bellator could do.

There next couple cards are very weak I don't expect much better

The tourney was supposed to create some buzz so this has to be a let down. Just isn't any buzz around Bellator at all anymore.

Damn that’s like a Mighty Mouse PPV

Mighty Mouse wishes.

Did you just answer your own question?

Back