Bellator 197 Ratings: 242k viewers

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

This is like REAL bad.

I can't remember the last time Bellator got less than 300k. Had to have been the MTV era.

Invested far too much in has-beens and regional-level nobodies.

Last edited:
2018 is Bellator's year, boys.

<BronTroll1>

If Coker was Japanese he would have comitted Harakiri by now

Thats really strange.. Bellator on Paramount is a wrap. Surely Paramount sees they can put a rerun of friends and get double the numbers.

Were the hockey and basketball playoffs in effect? That's all anyone seems to talk about these days

UFC just had their lowest rating in Fox history in January. Saturdays Poirer vs. Gaethje was poor as well.

UFC just had their lowest rating in Fox history in January. Saturdays Poirer vs. Gaethje was poor as well.

Well remember the UFC ratings doesn't include the West Coast yet. So it will go up over 2.0. Where will end up who knows but probably not much higher than 2.1 or 2.2.

Wow that's crazy I never thought they would get that low.

All I can say................OUCH!!!!

All they went up against was Hockey playoffs. Which doesn't exactly draw crazy either. At least the UFC can point to NBA and Hockey.

Once again time for Bellator to realize the current way of doing things is failing.

Were the hockey and basketball playoffs in effect? That's all anyone seems to talk about these days
hockey playoffs but still very low numbers. marketing strategy needs to change. combined with CMT its closer to their low numbers but still their lowest. i dont even understand why they show it on both channels at the same time. why not have the prelims on CMT?

Thats MTV2 kind of numbers. Thats really bad.

Did playoffs start on Fri or Sat? anyway thats really low, like 400k's are what Bellator shows are doing now so to drop that much and for a Chandler fight, not sure what went wrong.

Wonder what Fedor/Mir is gonna do.

Damn that is pretty bad. Keep in mind situations like mine though.

I called my cable company because paramount network is taped delayed. I specifically asked for the east coast stream (which is a different channel 1145) to be added to my lineup. They said they cant do it due to contract reasons. So I ended up streaming the fight thru the bellator app and casting it to my TV. Im pretty sure my numbers arent included and I wouldnt doubt several people are doing the same.

With that said, these numbers are terrible. I wonder what PFL does when they launch? That was a good bellator card too...they got good annoucers....the production is good.

Im not sure what they are doing wrong other than that questionable headliners sometimes.

Damn that is pretty bad. Keep in mind situations like mine though.

I called my cable company because paramount network is taped delayed. I specifically asked for the east coast stream (which is a different channel 1145) to be added to my lineup. They said they cant do it due to contract reasons. So I ended up streaming the fight thru the bellator app and casting it to my TV. Im pretty sure my numbers arent included and I wouldnt doubt several people are doing the same.

With that said, these numbers are terrible. I wonder what PFL does when they launch? That was a good bellator card too...they got good annoucers....the production is good.

Im not sure what they are doing wrong other than that questionable headliners sometimes.
not stacking their cards enough. too many cards with not enough talent. and for some reason the top guys they have only fight a few times a year. they should be taking a page out of pride and putting champs in non-title fights like they used to do in the bjorn era, not sure when they stopped doing it. ill still tune in to watch rory crush some journeymen WW for example. it gets the top guys more fights, and i think it would help the ratings if the cards were stacked like that.

right now they dont even have the money to pay the big contract guys the have signed like rory more then a few times a year. damn shame

not stacking their cards enough. too many cards with not enough talent. and for some reason the top guys they have only fight a few times a year. they should be taking a page out of pride and putting champs in non-title fights like they used to do in the bjorn era, not sure when they stopped doing it. ill still tune in to watch rory crush some journeymen WW for example. it gets the top guys more fights, and i think it would help the ratings if the cards were stacked like that.

right now they dont even have the money to pay the big contract guys the have signed like rory more then a few times a year. damn shame
I can see that for sure. 197 was the first card in a while i knew at least one fighter on the whole main card. Every card should be like that. I think they need a contender type series to get fighters names out there.

That "low" ufc rating on saturday tied with nhl playoffs in the 18-49 demographic.

This bellator number is something else altogether. It has to be a mistake.

I can see that for sure. 197 was the first card in a while i knew at least one fighter on the whole main card. Every card should be like that. I think they need a contender type series to get fighters names out there.
i would think cutting the amout of events they do would allow them to save some $$$ to focus on stacking better cards and being able to pay guys like rory and mousasi to fight more

Well remember the UFC ratings doesn't include the West Coast yet. So it will go up over 2.0. Where will end up who knows but probably not much higher than 2.1 or 2.2.
It includes most of West Coast from the 2 hour aotted slot. The number will definitely go up only because the main event went 20 minutes past the 2 hour slot.

Back