Bellator 200

ViktorArm

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Coker is putting big hopes on London card and i can admit there's more than few exciting match-ups and no bum fights . Is that a new course on Europe ? Considering miserable situation with ratings and tapeDelay this one gonna give big boost for Coker's gameplan for sure but is something changing?

Would make sense, UFC treat the European audience like shit and there is real discontent amongst UK MMA fans in particular about the shocking cards we get. For anyone outside of Liverpool, Darren Till is not worthy of a main event. Good luck to Bellator.

Would make sense, UFC treat the European audience like shit and there is real discontent amongst UK MMA fans in particular about the shocking cards we get. For anyone outside of Liverpool, Darren Till is not worthy of a main event. Good luck to Bellator.
Till vs. Thompson is a great fight night main event. Better than the Moraes vs. Rivera card I'm attending soon.

"Darren Till is not worthy of a main event."

From the South and have tickets to UFC Livperool. You're talking a load shit, everyone wanted Till for UFC London.

The only reason I can think of that this event is in the UK is maybe the UK media deal is coming up in the next 12 months or something.

Your 200 event should have some meaning for your org.. They got the card right, but your 200th event shouldn't be tape delayed in your home market/largest/lucrative market. But hey, what do expect with a Coker run org.. It's shit like this that makes you just scratch your head.

The only reason I can think of that this event is in the UK is maybe the UK media deal is coming up in the next 12 months or something.

Your 200 event should have some meaning for your org.. They got the card right, but your 200th event shouldn't be tape delayed in your home market/largest/lucrative market. But hey, what do expect with a Coker run org.. It's shit like this that makes you just scratch your head.

So you think if Coker had a say, it would be broadcast live to US? I think it's just the bigwigs at Viacom and Paramount that are making the decisions.

About Europe - Shlemenko said that Bellator planned event in Russia at May 2 (at which Shlemenko and Koreshkov planned to fight).

So you think if Coker had a say, it would be broadcast live to US? I think it's just the bigwigs at Viacom and Paramount that are making the decisions.

I really don't know who makes that choice at the end of the day.

Just seems like common sense would say they'd have big build up for the 200th event on their home turf and kind of do their own international fight week around it.

Got the card stacked, but the only reason I can think its over there is simply what I said above, maybe the media deal is being renegotiated over there. Maybe they have some odd escalator clauses in the media deal they are trying to cash in on. I really don't know. I just think common sense would say your 200th event should be big deal and be done on your home turf.

if there was real discontent those UFC cards wouldnt sell out in minutes like they do.

Do agree some of the cards UK gets arent very good especially when they only go once or twice a year but not like they havent gotten good cards in recent years. Bisping/Silva, Bisping PPV, Till/Wonderboy is worthy of main eventing any fight night.

Not worthy?

Till vs. Thompson is a great fight night main event. Better than the Moraes vs. Rivera card I'm attending soon.

Till/Wonderboy is better but its not like Moraes/Rivera isnt a great fight.

The only plausible explanation would be that they are trying to get a good tv deal in the UK

The only plausible explanation would be that they are trying to get a good tv deal in the UK
Viacom actually owns the UK channel on which this event will be aired.

I’d agree with you if you were to say Ireland.

On topic:

My take on why Bellator is looking to expand worldwide is because they know the ufc owns the vast majority of the American audience. It is simply an extreme uphill battle for them to get even decent footing in the states.

If what Frankienyc is reporting holds true, then my thoughts are that they might be looking to cut their losses in the states for the time being and try to become a bit more viable worldwide. UFC is neglecting UK a bit, so Viacom probably sees this as an opportunity to get decent footing in a strong market.

The optimist in me wants to believe that Bellator moves to cmt until a potential remerger between Viacom and cbs comes to pass. We then might see Bellator on showtime. That would be ideal imo.

Viacom actually owns the UK channel on which this event will be aired.

I’d agree with you if you were to say Ireland.

On topic:

My take on why Bellator is looking to expand worldwide is because they know the ufc owns the vast majority of the American audience. It is simply an extreme uphill battle for them to get even decent footing in the states.

If what Frankienyc is reporting holds true, then my thoughts are that they might be looking to cut their losses in the states for the time being and try to become a bit more viable worldwide. UFC is neglecting UK a bit, so Viacom probably sees this as an opportunity to get decent footing in a strong market.

The optimist in me wants to believe that Bellator moves to cmt until a potential remerger between Viacom and cbs comes to pass. We then might see Bellator on showtime. That would be ideal imo.

ok then they are probably trying to get that UK channel that viacom owns to commit more of their programming budget to bellator. same difference.

ok then they are probably trying to get that UK channel that viacom owns to commit more of their programming budget to bellator. same difference.
It's crazy that they don't show it live already because I can think of at 5 channels they own off the top of my head, that just show reruns of old 70's sitcoms instead. It's so weird.

It's crazy that they don't show it live already because I can think of at 5 channels they own off the top of my head, that just show reruns of old 70's sitcoms instead. It's so weird.

for some reason the UK channels are not invested in it which could explain why bellator is stacking the london event (in order to get them more invested?).

for some reason the UK channels are not invested in it which could explain why bellator is stacking the london event (in order to get them more invested?).
I hope so. I'm not too bothered for this one personally as I'm actually going to the event, but I'd love for them to show Bellator live when I'm not at there.

Back