Bellator 201: MacFarlane vs. Lara 6/29 7:30PM Prelim/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Again very nice. She made a sweet run of that.

wow glad i got to catch the end of that. Giblerts wife is LEGIT

So Sakuraba doesn't know how to execute an arm bar since garcie didn't immediately tap.
<{cruzshake}> you don't know shit kid.

Gracies have trained for years in submission fighting they know how to take the pressure off from an armbar attempt but you can't do the same with a kimura. Still these girls don't train much at all you can easily see that by getting caught in a triangle choke and not being able to apply that submission correctly. Same goes for armbars and every other submission if you apply it correctly people tap.

Not sure if it was always the plan but the prelims started 30 minutes late and they had 5 of the 8 fights on the prelims that they really needed to give people the option to watch. I doubt its something they do again anytime soon.

Not sure if it was always the plan but the prelims started 30 minutes late and they had 5 of the 8 fights on the prelims that they really needed to give people the option to watch. I doubt its something they do again anytime soon.
I like Postlims. Its like after the movie credits, when only the dregs are left, and they drop an Easter egg.

giphy.gif

american-beauty-gif-10.gif

Alexandra Lara made a good impression tonight. Would love to see her back in the Bellator cage.

Good fight too.

Maybe time for Bellator to reward Saad Awad for his years of service to the company. Perhaps they should set up a Primus-Awad fight. Primus must have no money left.

Archuleta is fun to watch. Great pace to his fights and should be interesting to see what’s next.

Good showing by Ed Ruth tonight. He’s a lot closer than I thought after his last fight. The Pascu and Murad fights also gave them some clear indication of homework that needs to be done. Neither were complete pushovers and exposed some areas of neglect in Ruth’s game. Ruth did a good job not showing it but you can tell those kicks were getting to him. He’s gonna be the real deal though.

Davis and Fortune took care of business but not quite what I was hoping to see.

Last edited:
Gracies have trained for years in submission fighting they know how to take the pressure off from an armbar attempt but you can't do the same with a kimura. Still these girls don't train much at all you can easily see that by getting caught in a triangle choke and not being able to apply that submission correctly. Same goes for armbars and every other submission if you apply it correctly people tap.

Because:
1. Their opponents never train to defend or escape.
2. In the ring is exactly like it is in the gym, and everything works the same way.

No.

MacFarlane trains her ass off at 10th planet. But because she competes in the real world, not the world of cyber-dominance, shit does not always work out the way you would wish.

Damn you're in love with bellator sure moose mac will be good. But fatpage will suck and Silva is old and slow.
And star of GP doesn't mean much it could be something like Mvp vs a can.
Better than any ufc card. {<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan} it's not even better than most FN cards.

I didn't say it was better than any UFC card. I listed the card as we know it so far as asked.

I didn't say it was better than any UFC card. I listed the card as we know it so far as asked.

This card IS better then most fight night cards and some of the shitty 65$ ppvs.

Ww GP will be amazing.

This card IS better then most fight night cards and some of the shitty 65$ ppvs.

Ww GP will be amazing.

Agree although we still need more details on the GP because it has potential to be the best thing of the year but only if they put the right people in it.

Back