Bellator 201 Macfarlane vs Lara

Have you watched tape?
I've seen every Valerie Letourneau fight since she got in the UFC in 2014 and both of Kristina Williams' pro fights in Bellator. Kristina has a height advantage and good kicks; Valerie has every other advantage from experience, strength of opposition having gone the distance with Claudia Gadelha and Joanna ex-Champion, better boxing and more well rounded skills. If Valerie fights really listlessly and is low energy hardly throwing any punches and goes for zero takedowns it's possible she can lose a lame standup only fight vs Williams' or get caught with a head kick and TKOed. In any other circumstance if Valerie fights smartly and has decent output and maybe mixes in takedown attempts, she should win a wide decision at least in my opinion.

Williams ground game looks hillariously bad.. Val should make it look easy if she actually goes for takedowns.

I keep smashing Letourneau at every price under -200. I'm up to 7.5 units to win 5.0 units.

I'm with you Gunn. Can't believe I missed Valerie at + odds. Hardy is terrible and Ducote could've grappled and won easily (thought she won 29-28) given how bad Kristina is on the ground. She looked terrible against Taylor Pace just a year ago. Pace was only 18, and is a jobber among jobbers but still managed to win a round with top control and threaten multiple submissions. Kristina supposedly has a purple belt but I can't help but think that she's getting subbed if this hits the mat.

Kristina could hypothetically land a head kick to win the fight, but Valerie's defense looked much improved in her last fight and Williams is pretty slow and telegraphed. Kristina also very very hittable. I don't think she has the advantage striking but it won't matter if Valerie takes her down. Valerie's takedowns are okay but she can also catch kicks like Ducote did.

Bovada is so slow to put up these lines. Called them and asked if Bellator 201 lines will come out they said they couldn’t tell me and it’s up to the manager lol...we will see I guess I know 5D has them up

Edit: bovada emailed me and said lines will be up 3pm eastern time

Last edited:
Valerie up to -210 lol. The early bird gets the worm I guess :(

I'm with the Valerie backers. On the feet, I think it is competitive. But Valerie uses range well. Worst case scenario is that Valerie fights like an idiot and engages in a full striking battle and even that is a fight Valerie could win.

If this fight goes to the floor it is a fight or round winning event. And Valerie caught a kick vs Viviane Perreira and immediately got to mount and has a solid ground game. There will be so many opportunities for Valerie to catch a kick and get a td on Williams as Williams is a majority kick oriented fighter. I expect Valerie to get 1 or 2 caught kick tds and maybe get a finish or win a dominant round off it.

Williams ground game looks hillariously bad.. Val should make it look easy if she actually goes for takedowns.

Under who did she get her purple belt in jiu jitsu? Very curious.

Seems Val might be the circle jerk bet of the belly card, Williams head kick KO incoming.

Can you elaborate?
She's 35 but looks like she's 40

Took a lot of damage in her UFC career and damaged her body with weight cutting. She's also a quitter and at this point in her career I don't think she's down to take another whooping.

If you watch the Calderwood fight she gets totally destroyed, tries to quit multiple times in the fight, tries to use "wardrobe malfunction" as an excuse everytime she got hurt to the body.

Williams is a big girl and she comes to fight, really composed for such a inexperienced pro. Her kicking game is nasty and she looks improved every fight. Don't be surprised if Valerie wants out after she takes a few kicks to the face and body.

LOL at you guys looking into Williams amateur fights and judging her on that. That version of her is gone, she's a lot better now.

Valerie looked ok vs Jackson but Jackson isn't a striker and she's a small flyweight. Jackson is not dangerous like Williams is on the feet, this is a much tougher match up for Valerie.

Don't pretend like Valerie is some great wrestler either, Ducote is a much better wrestler than Valerie, Ducote is a D1 wrestler and Williams stopped a couple some of her TD attempts

Williams is only getting better. Valerie is only getting older and she's probably JJ's punching bag at ATT.

IDK how anyone can trust Valerie, her record tells a story, got beat by an atomweight

Took a lot of damage in her UFC career and damaged her body with weight cutting. She's also a quitter and at this point in her career I don't think she's down to take another whooping.

If you watch the Calderwood fight she gets totally destroyed, tries to quit multiple times in the fight, tries to use "wardrobe malfunction" as an excuse everytime she got hurt to the body.

Williams is a big girl and she comes to fight, really composed for such a inexperienced pro. Her kicking game is nasty and she looks improved every fight. Don't be surprised if Valerie wants out after she takes a few kicks to the face and body.

LOL at you guys looking into Williams amateur fights and judging her on that. That version of her is gone, she's a lot better now.

Valerie looked ok vs Jackson but Jackson isn't a striker and she's a small flyweight. Jackson is not dangerous like Williams is on the feet, this is a much tougher match up for Valerie.

Don't pretend like Valerie is some great wrestler either, Ducote is a much better wrestler than Valerie, Ducote is a D1 wrestler and Williams stopped a couple some of her TD attempts

Williams is only getting better. Valerie is only getting older and she's probably JJ's punching bag at ATT.

IDK how anyone can trust Valerie, her record tells a story, got beat by an atomweight

You do realize that all of Williams' amateur fights were in 2017 right? The Pace fight that is on this thread where Williams looks like a fish out of water on the floor was less than a year ago. If you do not put stock into 2017 fights then you are just ignoring relevant data.

that fight vs Pace was less then a year ago.. would be dumb not to take that into consideration when looking into this fight

edit: Lightbringer beat me too it ^^

You do realize that all of Williams' amateur fights were in 2017 right? The Pace fight that is on this thread where Williams looks like a fish out of water on the floor was less than a year ago. If you do not put stock into 2017 fights then you are just ignoring relevant data.
Yes I do realize that and it's remarkable how far she's come in such a short time. You can even find some of Williams amatuer kickboxing fights from 2016 on youtube and she looks horrendous, totally different from what you've seen in Bellator.

Williams clearly has talent and she makes big improvements fast, I wouldn't underestimate her

No one expected Williams to beat Hardy or Ducote either, big underdog in both those fights.

I know much more than you guys do, yall a few steps behind

You made some good points, but Valerie looked in fantastic shape at the weigh-in and she took a lot of time off to adjust to flyweight before her Bellator debut. Williams has to prove to me that she is ready for this level. How much are you putting on Williams, now that she is at a nice underdog price?

Back