Bellator 204 Does 319k Viewers

Looks like its second lowest rating on Spike/Paramount in Bellator history and in total viewers it might be the lowest overall. 197 had fewer viewers on Paramount but had CMT viewers to boost the rating. So this might be the least viewed Bellator on Spike/Paramount.

Thats why taking that streaming money is smart move. Cause its not getting any better on cable and that streaming money is guaranteed no matter what they do.

Same for UFC on ESPn/ESPN +.

Scott Coker came into Bellator and lost Bellator's loyal fan base, which was always around 600,000 to 800,000 average live viewers with a smaller budget, with his CAN CRUSHING CONSTANT SQUASH MATCHES and his penchant for constantly having past their prime fighters main eventing Bellator cards and he has never been able to get that loyal Bellator fan base back nor grow a new larger fan base from his Coker Vision of Bellator. There will be those that say MMA numbers are down across the board, but the UFC last card did 1.46 million average live viewers with their down numbers while Bellator's Scott Coker Vision 319,000 average live viewers are just downright pathetic in their down numbers.

Last edited:
that's terrible. and the streaming which will probably take away viewers from paramount hasnt even started yet.

No homegrown Bellator guy is a draw, or so it would seem.
MVP?

That Pico loss was one of the most devistating the Org will ever suffer. I think we would both agree he is legit, but you can't get first impressions back from an audience that tuned in for you.that normally skip.

I hope he can still become the star he deserves to be.

Last edited:
I didn't expect a huge draw but it was about 50k less then I thought it'd be.

Good card action wise it's crazy how far the viewers have gone down on average in North America from just a few years ago be it bellator,ufc,or pfl.

I didn't expect a huge draw but it was about 50k less then I thought it'd be.

Good card action wise it's crazy how far the viewers have gone down on average in North America from just a few years ago be it bellator,ufc,or pfl.

That seems to be television in general, except for the NBA everyones numbers are down.

I don’t get it. How are the numbers so low? There’s gotta be something they’re doing. Paramount is an easy network to tune into. I feel like there’s just less ppl aimlessly browsing tv nowadays. They’ll only tune in for something they wanna see. The days of ppl stumbling on your product on tv are done.

I’m not a ratings expert but I can assume the payroll wasn’t high at all. So I don’t think they will suffer for scoring low avg

For those who say that the DAZN deal was bad for Bellator.

I’m not a ratings expert but I can assume the payroll wasn’t high at all. So I don’t think they will suffer for scoring low avg

Yeah it's not like Viacom is expecting 700k or higher I know these ratings aren't excellent by any stretch but they actually likely made money on livegate,merch,etc because payroll isn't high and they aren't bleeding every show cuz of DAZN money.

I wonder if people change the channel because the in between fight talking head stuff is too dull.

Anyone know what the leadin to Bellator was? It use to be Cops which was highly watched and Bellator would retain their viewers.

Horrible...DAZN came at the perfect time. I’ll be getting it

You know your killing it when their running physic ads during your broadcast.

The switch to a streaming platform suites Bellator hopefully they have some sort of video fight library.

Anybody know what a DAZN subscription runs you in the states?

Scott Coker came into Bellator and lost Bellator's loyal fan base, which was always around 600,000 to 800,000 average live viewers with a smaller budget, with his CAN CRUSHING CONSTANT SQUASH MATCHES and his penchant for constantly having past their prime fighters main eventing Bellator cards and he has never been able to get that loyal Bellator fan base back nor grow a new larger fan base from his Coker Vision of Bellator. There will be those that say MMA numbers are down across the board, but the UFC last card did 1.46 million average live viewers with their down numbers while Bellator's Scott Coker Vision 319,000 average live viewers are just downright pathetic in their down numbers.
UFC was on network TV, not cable
Its not a 1:1 comparison and even still - UFC numbers have been trending down since the start of last year

Back