Bellator 204 Does 319k Viewers

MVP?

That Pico loss was one of the most devistating the Org will ever suffer. I think we would both agree he is legit, but you can't get first impressions back from an audience that tuned in for you.that normally skip.

I hope he can still become the star he deserves to be.

I don't buy that.

Anyone who knows Pico wouldn't stop tuning in due to one loss. i.e. General masses never knew Pico so there isn't anything to tune out.

I think Coker is playing it too safe when it comes to matchups. He needs to just throw guys into the fire, and make combustible matchups. Throw Danis in with Neiman Gracie, throw Gallagher in with Pitbull Freire, MVP and Daley is a good start.

You're milking these prospects too much. PrideFC never did that. They just put on loaded cards.

I got bad news, the DAZN deal isn't going to end Bellator tape delays either. The Tel Aviv card coming up on Thursday November 15th is not going to be streamed live on DAZN that Thursday like we hoped. It will be tape delayed and simulcast on Friday same time as the Paramount Network broadcast according to the The MMA Report podcast.

Yeah that's not news as DAZN isn't available in USA yet so streaming here isn't an option.They are still putting together a package for North America.

You're milking these prospects too much. PrideFC never did that. They just put on loaded cards.

I'm always good for a Pride History lesson. Who did they have prospect wise that would be like Pico or Ed Ruth, Joey Davis, Cotton, Wrestlers, where they start their careers with the Org and aren't true MIXED martial artist yet, and who did they throw them into the fire with?

AJ McKee has been handled perfectly in my opinion, Pico has jumped right in, Ruth and Gracie are in the tournament with the big boys.

MVP obviously they played too safe unless MVP was using the time to seriously train wrestling.

"We’re bringing you a stacked line up of live events from Matchroom Boxing, Bellator, and World Boxing Super Series. Fans will also enjoy access to original shows, behind-the-scenes features leading up to big events, and real-time news stories about the upcoming matchups."

It'd be cool if DAZN really does do shoulder programming like fight buildups and behind the scenes stuff.

I think not only Bellator, but all MMA organizations are on a decline when it comes down to viewership.
This is why the Fertittas bailed the fuck out.

I think this is two fold.

1.) UFC has won the war of MMA worldwide for the most part. So they take the largest piece of the audience by far and they put out the most events every year. They have literally saturated the MMA market.

2.) The whole novelty of MMA has worn off. Most fans aren't attracted to just two guys in the cage like they were in 2008 or whatever and would seek out any MMA they could get. So as the fans became more educated on MMA they begin to understand what is worth watching and now many just seek out the best matchups for the most part. This effect is what is hurting ratings/buys for the UFC and all orgs. But the UFC being the clear king allows them to make even bigger media deals than any other point in there history regardless if ratings and PPV buys are down.

P.S.: Ferts bailed because they built it all the further they could take it and made a killing on what ended up being a small investment overall. Just look when they signed the Fox deal they had to bring in WME to the negotiations simply because they don't know enough about that side of the business. Even WME said after they bought it that Zuffa undervalued most of their media deals around the world. Which we saw was as the these media deals come they have been getting a lot more for the content.

Yeah that's not news as DAZN isn't available in USA yet so streaming here isn't an option.They are still putting together a package for North America.
The DAZN service will be available in September before the big Rory/Mousasi headlined Bellator card. The card I referenced will happen in November. If the Tel Aviv card isn't streamed live on that Thursday it is going to be very disappointing.

Scott Coker came into Bellator and lost Bellator's loyal fan base, which was always around 600,000 to 800,000 average live viewers with a smaller budget, with his CAN CRUSHING CONSTANT SQUASH MATCHES and his penchant for constantly having past their prime fighters main eventing Bellator cards and he has never been able to get that loyal Bellator fan base back nor grow a new larger fan base from his Coker Vision of Bellator. There will be those that say MMA numbers are down across the board, but the UFC last card did 1.46 million average live viewers with their down numbers while Bellator's Scott Coker Vision 319,000 average live viewers are just downright pathetic in their down numbers.

Youre complaining about past prime fighters main eventing but Gallagher was not a past his prime fighter. 90% of Bellator shows dont have past prime fighters main eventing, and the ones that do generally do better.

I dont see how they put on constant can crushing fights either. You think that because MVP basically wanted to only fight cans, his choice. How many times did he refuse the Daley fight? Certainly cant blame coker for that. Now hes in the tourney so no more can crushing.

If you cant see how Bellator is so much better now than before I dont know what to tell you. They are using everything they can to help, signing prospects, signing old legends, tournaments, and anything they can think of.

Their divisions are much more estsblished now and they have legit champions. Rory/Moose/Bader are not over the hill.

They signed a ton of really good prospects.

Numbers ARE down across the board, but if bellator keeps going it wont be long until they are strikeforce jr with serious talent. Once the divisions become a little more established the ratings will go up.

Theyre in a tough transition period right now but it was definitely the right moves imo.

Theyre in a tough transition period right now but it was definitely the right moves imo.

Not doing Rory vs Askren when it fell into Cokers lap is the issue I take the most offense with.

His reason being Askren only wants a 1 from ght deal. Clearly he is scared that Askren beating Rory would devalue the division or something but that is still stupid. You aren't the top Org even if your 170lb division is just as good. You don't hide from a super fight for the hardcores to protect a weight class from becoming "paper championed" potentially.

Also would have kept 185 moving so guys like Salter and Lovato aren't cheated out of earned title shots.

I love the developmental deals to top NCAA wrestlers while the UFC chases top football players though.

I also love the 170lb tournament.

I was a Bjorn fan, but Coker is doing good things too.

Not doing Rory vs Askren when it fell into Cokers lap is the issue I take the most offense with.

His reason being Askren only wants a 1 from ght deal. Clearly he is scared that Askren beating Rory would devalue the division or something but that is still stupid. You aren't the top Org even if your 170lb division is just as good. You don't hide from a super fight for the hardcores to protect a weight class from becoming "paper championed" potentially.

Also would have kept 185 moving so guys like Salter and Lovato aren't cheated out of earned title shots.

I love the developmental deals to top NCAA wrestlers while the UFC chases top football players though.

I also love the 170lb tournament.

I was a Bjorn fan, but Coker is doing good things too.

Eh. It makes zero sense to make Askren vs Rory for a one fight deal. Zero sense. Askren would likely win then retire. It would not help bellator at all. I dont understand why you think Coker should have done that.

I don't like Rory vs Moose because I cant see Rory winning and I dont see anything good coming from it. I expect Rory will be out of the tournament after, and Moose will have beaten a 170lber and nobody will give him respect for it. Lose Lose imo.

I think this is two fold.

1.) UFC has won the war of MMA worldwide for the most part. So they take the largest piece of the audience by far and they put out the most events every year. They have literally saturated the MMA market.

2.) The whole novelty of MMA has worn off. Most fans aren't attracted to just two guys in the cage like they were in 2008 or whatever and would seek out any MMA they could get. So as the fans became more educated on MMA they begin to understand what is worth watching and now many just seek out the best matchups for the most part. This effect is what is hurting ratings/buys for the UFC and all orgs. But the UFC being the clear king allows them to make even bigger media deals than any other point in there history regardless if ratings and PPV buys are down.

P.S.: Ferts bailed because they built it all the further they could take it and made a killing on what ended up being a small investment overall. Just look when they signed the Fox deal they had to bring in WME to the negotiations simply because they don't know enough about that side of the business. Even WME said after they bought it that Zuffa undervalued most of their media deals around the world. Which we saw was as the these media deals come they have been getting a lot more for the content.
I agree with you for the most part.
MMA is no longer a novelty thing and the initial interest just isn't there anymore. The Fertittas saw this coming and ran with the money.

Eh. It makes zero sense to make Askren vs Rory for a one fight deal. Zero sense. Askren would likely win then retire. It would not help bellator at all. I dont understand why you think Coker should have done that.

I don't like Rory vs Moose because I cant see Rory winning and I dont see anything good coming from it. I expect Rory will be out of the tournament after, and Moose will have beaten a 170lber and nobody will give him respect for it. Lose Lose imo.

I guess I view it as a lot of people out there consider Woodley and Rory to be pretty equal in terms of top 170lber in the world.

This is a chance to break that tiebreaker.

If Rory loses, so what? Large part of MMA fans don't treat Bellator champs like real champions regardless. Its a chance to take a bigger stake of the best in the world status, an opportunity Bellator won't get often.

They've let champs walk before, a Rory loss can be overcome, Lima had him all but beat if not for a ridiculous 5th round of heart by Rory and low fight IQ/endurance by Lima.

The DAZN service will be available in September before the big Rory/Mousasi headlined Bellator card. The card I referenced will happen in November. If the Tel Aviv card isn't streamed live on that Thursday it is going to be very disappointing.

DAZNs official schedule doesn't go past September as of now so you can't see yet but if the availability is open in September and the tel Aviv event isn't til November then id imagine it'd be available to stream live.

I mean you can already stream events from the bellator app and prelims with cable tv provider authentication so why wouldn't DAZN have it available for paying audience?

Until closer to November or informed officially by DAZN or bellator about the streaming availability it's all just guessing so let's see what happens.

I got bad news, the DAZN deal isn't going to end Bellator tape delays either. The Tel Aviv card coming up on Thursday November 15th is not going to be streamed live on DAZN that Thursday like we hoped. It will be tape delayed and simulcast on Friday same time as the Paramount Network broadcast according to the The MMA Report podcast.
Lmaoooo the good old Bellatape delay!

UFC was on network TV, not cable
Its not a 1:1 comparison and even still - UFC numbers have been trending down since the start of last year
Defend that crap all you want to, but Bellator ratings are awful. So it is a 1 to 1 comparison. Bellator ratings have been falling each succeeding show and the UFC ratings are not falling each succeeding show.

Youre complaining about past prime fighters main eventing but Gallagher was not a past his prime fighter. 90% of Bellator shows dont have past prime fighters main eventing, and the ones that do generally do better.

I dont see how they put on constant can crushing fights either. You think that because MVP basically wanted to only fight cans, his choice. How many times did he refuse the Daley fight? Certainly cant blame coker for that. Now hes in the tourney so no more can crushing.

If you cant see how Bellator is so much better now than before I dont know what to tell you. They are using everything they can to help, signing prospects, signing old legends, tournaments, and anything they can think of.

Their divisions are much more estsblished now and they have legit champions. Rory/Moose/Bader are not over the hill.

They signed a ton of really good prospects.

Numbers ARE down across the board, but if bellator keeps going it wont be long until they are strikeforce jr with serious talent. Once the divisions become a little more established the ratings will go up.

A total baseless pointless false statement by you. MMA across the board is not falling. That is the lie that people like you keep regurgitating thinking if you state it enough it will be true. Across the board, One Championship is growing, their ratings are up. And Asia is nor region and America isn't the center of the world. Rizin FF ratinga are constantly great and their crowds huge. KSW ratings are great and their crowds are huge. Road FC ratings are great and their crowds are very good. Cage Warriors have been strong since they came back in business and are doing great. BAMMA has been consistently been doing well. The past three PFL shows have increased in average live viewers. But to a lier like you that means MMA numbers are down across the board because Bellator numbers are atrocious. And that Bellator roster of hyped up records because of CAN CRUSHING that Scott Coker has put together with his signees while on the sly pushing the Bellator established fighters to the background only fools people like you. The ratings are showing that Scott Coker lost that Bellator loyal fan base and hasn't been able to get them back nor grow a new larger fan base because people recognize constant SQUASH MATCHES when they see them and past their prime ex-UFC fighters. The prove is in the awful 319,000 average live viewers Bellator ratings.

DAZNs official schedule doesn't go past September as of now so you can't see yet but if the availability is open in September and the tel Aviv event isn't til November then id imagine it'd be available to stream live.

I mean you can already stream events from the bellator app and prelims with cable tv provider authentication so why wouldn't DAZN have it available for paying audience?

Until closer to November or informed officially by DAZN or bellator about the streaming availability it's all just guessing so let's see what happens.
Jason Floyd of The MMA Report talking about the info he got directly from Bellator & DAZN at 3:45 https://themmareport.com/2018/08/mma-report-podcast-alex-hernandez-chito-vera-greg-rebello/

Defend that crap all you want to, but Bellator ratings are awful. So it is a 1 to 1 comparison. Bellator ratings have been falling each succeeding show and the UFC ratings are not falling each succeeding show.
Great argument

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...ond-lowest-numbers-on-spike-paramount-to-date

This past Friday’s Bellator show was the company’s least-watched televised event since the move to Spike TV in 2013.

The show, headlined by bantamweight champion Darrion Caldwell’s move up to featherweight and scoring a second-round win over Noad Lahat, did 319,000 viewers on Friday night and another 94,000 via DVR prior to Monday.

While the lowest total on Paramount, or Spike, it would have been the second lowest for total same-night viewers.

The April 19, show, headlined by Michael Chandler’s win over Brandon Girtz, did 242,000 viewers on Paramount, but still had more overall same-day viewers with another 161,000 viewers watching the simulcast on CMT.

Friday’s show aired exclusively on Paramount.

-

I wonder if they stay on Paramount still?
They have some nice cards coming up, so hopefully the tide rises

Last edited:
yikes, they better move off of that channel, its not a good fit for bellator, also they need to stop putting on cards that dont have any name value.

Yikes. I’m in the U.K. so can only follow this from a distance but it doesn’t look as if Bellator has much of a future on Paramount now that it has been rebranded from Spike.

Back