Bellator 205: McKee vs Macapa 9/21 7PM Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

This card was pretty damn good. Was funny watching on dazn and hearing Goldy and Big John shoot the shit while commercials played on Paramount.

Still playing that huh?

It and Tecmo Super Bowl for NES are the only two games I play. I need to be able to enjoy the experience even if it ends up being for 5 minutes or less before the babies start crying and I have to stop. No time for games that require me to devote chunks of time.

Fml it's over? I thought Bellator aired their replays at 8...

I definitely understand this and expect most people feel this way, it’s just my personal take. I know AJ’s doing well right now and Gallagher just got embarassed, but I just see Gallagher having the superior IQ, skillset, training environment, and eventually ending up a UFC champ, whereas I see AJ peaking now but struggling against UFC level competition.
It’s like the kids who are super hot shit in high school but end up blue collar versus the quiet kids that at the time were losers but end up with the superior lives in the end.
If Jimmy ever gets to be UFC champ, its by going full Demian Maia and just hanging on people and relying on his grappling. He's not athletic and has poor striking defense.

If Jimmy ever gets to be UFC champ, its by going full Demian Maia and just hanging on people and relying on his grappling. He's not athletic and has poor striking defense.
He’ll definitely succeed primarily through Jits but I think we’ll see his striking seriously improve as the years go by, especially as Conor’s career slows down and he starts contributing more substantially to Gallagher’s in the gym.

watching huerta-pitbull pretty good....

didn't know its already over lol

@Cint brings the expressional cat IN and always tagged to those who understand @HI SCOTT NEWMAN where you at..?

Get IN! here..
IN

need-alift-home.gif

@Cint will be on later because he is in trouble right now, he derailed a train earlier. Caused multiple fatalities
CAT-GIF-OMG-CATzilla-strikes-again-and-attacks-the-yellow-train-you-shall-not-pass.gif

Just out of interest who watched this on the DAZN?. how is it? is it worth it?. Whats the interface like? is there a lot of content on it?. I was thinking about doing a free trial, but not sure.

Just out of interest who watched this on the DAZN?. how is it? is it worth it?. Whats the interface like? is there a lot of content on it?. I was thinking about doing a free trial, but not sure.

I like it so far. It’s worth it to me but up until 2 months ago I spent 16 dollars a day on cigarrettes so 9.99 per month doesn’t seem like much of investment for the live Bellator(only got west coast tape delay before) content alone.

The interface is similar to Netflix and other streaming apps. It’s very easy to navigate.

As for content. It’s brand new..this month being the official launch month to coincide with its first exclusive events of the Anthony Joshua fight and Moose vs Rory so I’d rate the content as underdeveloped overall. I’m expecting there will a lot more new content coming soon. They already just added Combate Americas and they have quite a bit of boxing stuff.

It depends on interest though. I have no knowledge of the ample football/soccer leagues they have on there

They have some original interview and highlight content I haven’t digested yet.

I like it just for the MMA content it already has. It has a lot of potential I think since they got some money behind them and they’re already got started with the number 2 MMA promotion and one of the more popular boxers right now.

I’d recommend the free trail if you can remember to cancel if you don’t care for it. You’ll get a few Bellator events and I believe the best ones are all exclusive to DAZN.

I like it so far. It’s worth it to me but up until 2 months ago I spent 16 dollars a day on cigarrettes so 9.99 per month doesn’t seem like much of investment for the live Bellator(only got west coast tape delay before) content alone.

The interface is similar to Netflix and other streaming apps. It’s very easy to navigate.

As for content. It’s brand new..this month being the official launch month to coincide with its first exclusive events of the Anthony Joshua fight and Moose vs Rory so I’d rate the content as underdeveloped overall. I’m expecting there will a lot more new content coming soon. They already just added Combate Americas and they have quite a bit of boxing stuff.

It depends on interest though. I have no knowledge of the ample football/soccer leagues they have on there

They have some original interview and highlight content I haven’t digested yet.

I like it just for the MMA content it already has. It has a lot of potential I think since they got some money behind them and they’re already got started with the number 2 MMA promotion and one of the more popular boxers right now.

I’d recommend the free trail if you can remember to cancel if you don’t care for it. You’ll get a few Bellator events and I believe the best ones are all exclusive to DAZN.
Thanks buddy, really appreciate all the info and long reply. I think I'll sign up there for the trial, and I can cancel if I don't like it. I don't mind paying the money if I think its worth it.

Haha I have no knowledge of soccer either, I don't watch that. I just want it for the boxing and MMA, but I wasn't sure what kind of boxing they have on it, because some of the low level boxing can be a chore to watch to be honest. But I know they have Joshua on there now which is huge, and I'm a fan of his.

I used to have fightpass, but my subscription ended in May, and I didn't bother to renew it. I had a 6 month sub, and I used it 95% for Pride and older UFC events like UFC 1 - 70 numbers, I love all the old Pride events too. But as far as the new stuff I rarely watched any new fights on it because they don't put the new PPV's on there until a month later and by that time I seen everything.

I definitely understand this and expect most people feel this way, it’s just my personal take. I know AJ’s doing well right now and Gallagher just got embarassed, but I just see Gallagher having the superior IQ, skillset, training environment, and eventually ending up a UFC champ, whereas I see AJ peaking now but struggling against UFC level competition.
It’s like the kids who are super hot shit in high school but end up blue collar versus the quiet kids that at the time were losers but end up with the superior lives in the end.
Are you Irish, or extremely loyal to SBG, or something like that? I can't find the logic in this statement. Gallagher's superior IQ and skillset being? Gallagher's entire fighting style is making faces, fainting, throwing a right low kick, throwing some throwaway shoe-shin punches, looking for a takedown, going for the choke. When that doesn't work he just continues making faces and throwing a nominally effective lowkick. He has no stand up to speak of, no plan B, no discernible IQ to speak of (he literally just started talking shit when he found himself in trouble.) We've already seen he doesn't have much for a chin, and SBG is an okay school depending on who you ask. AJ McKee: has height, length, athleticism on the guy for days. He has an actual well rounded skill set, including excellent wresting, excellent submission game, and the ability to knock guys out with punches, kicks or knees. He also has an actuall MMA IQ, demonstrated in his ability to change up strategy mid-fight and look for opportunities in transitions. On top of all of that he trains under his dad, whom he seems to take pretty seriously, and with a bunch of animals. AJ may or may not end up being a big deal, but based on what's actually available in the form of data, I'm really not seeing how you're coming to this conclusion.

Pico, of course, is a different story.

Back