Bellator 206: Mousasi vs MacDonald 9/29 8PM ET Prelims/10PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Anyone have results for the "dark matches?" Kind of weird that they would have pro fights and not report the results

Impressing to see 187 pages for this Bellator card. Shows you how big UFC fucked up for letting their top fighters go. A few more idiotic releases and I will be watching every Bellator event from that point

rory struggles when a fighter can defend his takedown attempts. I think rory post lawler 2 has lost his durability and toughness. Besides he looks small in the cage. I am surprised he weighs 190. Maybe he lacks muscle mass. Guys like woodley would fare better against mousasi and so would douglas lima because they weigh around 195 in the cage and can absorb more punishment. Not saying they would beat mousasi as mousasi would clearly be the favourite against both but woodley in particular would not stay in range against a much more skilled striker like mousasi. He would have to wait patiently to land the killer shot and woodley can KO anybody if he connects.
The only part I disagree is Lima would fare better. That guy has zero take down defense and hasn't improved on it. And Scott Coker and his slick garbage made sure to put him on the strikers side of that stupid tournament.

Also, Moose should've been in the HW grand prix, he would've been the favorite.
No he should not have. That jack a_ _ Scott Coker should have had Bobby Lashley and Cheick Kongo in the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament to begin with.

Now, Bellator still has the problem of who fights Mousasi. Carvalho is the pretty clear cut #1 guy, but Gegard runs through him.
Seriously? So you just going to ignore that Raphael Lovato Jr. just fought John Salter at Bellator 205, which was basically the number one contender match for Gegard Mousasi? You are on a MMA site and I'm guessing a MMA fan. So that is something you should know.

Mousasi was on another level. His jab set up everything and really frustrated Rory. To make matters even worst - - - Mousasi also has a fantastic ground game. Rory was toast no matter where the fight went. Remember that Mousasi trained with a Prime Fedor; he learned from the best.

Last edited:
The only part I disagree is Lima would fare better. That guy has zero take down defense and hasn't improved on it. And Scott Coker and his slick garbage made sure to put him on the strikers side of that stupid tournament.
limas takedown defense looked solid vs koreshkov, who prob has b level takedowns. i think he'd do well in the ufc

limas takedown defense looked solid vs koreshkov, who prob has b level takedowns. i think he'd do well in the ufc
Andrey Koreshkov is a stand up stalker that tried to masquerade as a MMA grappler against Lima and he's actually beat Lima once. Lima hasn't faced a MMA grappler since 2012 when Ben Askren dismantled him in every way. Talk about selective match making for a fighter since that time. There is a reason Scott Coker put Lima on the same side of the bracket as all the other stand up strikers, It's to protect them from the MMA grapplers like Fitch, and Gracie and Ruth and MacDonald.

Andrey Koreshkov is a stand up stalker that tried to masquerade as a MMA grappler against Lima and he's actually beat Lima once. Lima hasn't faced a MMA grappler since 2012 when Ben Askren dismantled him in every way. Talk about selective match making for a fighter since that time. There is a reason Scott Coker put Lima on the same side of the bracket as all the other stand up strikers, It's to protect them from the MMA grapplers like Fitch, and Gracie and Ruth and MacDonald.

Fitch and Gracie have 0 chance at taking down Lima tho

Fitch and Gracie have 0 chance at taking down Lima tho
Are you serious? Lima could not avoid the take down set up from a one legged Rory MacDonald and couldn't get up for the entire round. Laughable at your fanboy comment based on nothing.

Are you serious? Lima could not avoid the take down set up from a one legged Rory MacDonald and couldn't get up for the entire round. Laughable at your fanboy comment based on nothing.

How late into the fight was it?

Back