Bellator 208 Fedor Vs Chael Pulls 521k viewers

What do you mean by 34% drop in a year, what are you comparing, 2018 hasn't finished yet.

Ratings are down 34% from 2017
You don't need the year to be finished to do an average
odds are it will be more than 34% by years end

They had some CFB and Bud Crawford fight going on. In terms of Bellator promotion, you really only see the commercials on Paramount itself

They need to brand in the states.
Too many brush them off as minor league (compared to UFC) & that is unfair

this was my thinking when they announced the deal. I thought the people who decided not to get DAZN will just stop following bellator altogether because they wont get the 6 big cards a year.

this deal is going to shrink their live viewership big time.

I get where you are going, but they were losing viewers before DAZN in the states.
They needed to do something to stop bleeding money & DAZN was it.
it was smart for Viacom/Bellator to re-think their business model & try something else.

I'm sure a ton of people not on the east coast like myself watched on dazn.

Screw tape delays

People need to stop basing anything on tv ratings anymore. How many people watched on Dazn or on dvr or streamed it?

I know a lot of my friends who never watch Bellator were going to watch because of Fedor and Chael

So everyone of Bobby Lashley's Bellator fight segments have done only low the 900,000 average live viewers and the rest of his Bellator fight segments have done 1 million plus average live viewers and it takes a stupid MMA promoter, Scott Coker, to not feature him anymore since October 2016. Scott Coker just doesn't get it. And as Scott Coker has signed and pushed his past their prime ex-UFC fighters in Bellator, the ratinga have steadily declined. Direct correlation? Scott Coker just doesn't get it and he never will. Drop in ratings mean a drop in buy rights for commercials and sponsoring Bellator events. And hipster MMA fans will try to give their usual explanation of the poor television ratings, yet won't use those same reasoning when talking about the UFC and PFL numbers like oh we have to consider the international market, oh we have to consider the PFL re-broadcasting of their show immediately after, and blah blah blah. Like math in school, you can't argue facts.

So everyone of Bobby Lashley's Bellator fight segments have done only low the 900,000 average live viewers and the rest of his Bellator fight segments have done 1 million plus average live viewers and it takes a stupid MMA promoter, Scott Coker, to not feature him anymore since October 2016. Scott Coker just doesn't get it. And as Scott Coker has signed and pushed his past their prime ex-UFC fighters in Bellator, the ratinga have steadily declined. Direct correlation? Scott Coker just doesn't get it and he never will. Drop in ratings mean a drop in buy rights for commercials and sponsoring Bellator events. And hipster MMA fans will try to give their usual explanation of the poor television ratings, yet won't use those same reasoning when talking about the UFC and PFL numbers like oh we have to consider the international market, oh we have to consider the PFL re-broadcasting of their show immediately after, and blah blah blah. Like math in school, you can't argue facts.

2016 ratings were higher period I doubt lashleys fights draw over 500k these days.

This board is funny
There is no way to spin Bellators biggest card of the year doing a horrible number.

The positive to point to is Bellator/Viacom see they are losing traction and re-adjusting the business model ... like a smart business should do.

Did the most views in 2018 and it sucks apparently

No clue what im reading, clearly.

Did the most views in 2018 and it sucks apparently

No clue what im reading, clearly.

Its similar to if UFC's biggest PPV of 2018 did 300k
It will still be the biggest, but still be bad as a number

If 10% streamed/DAZN it will be a huge number
It certainly feels possible that at least 52k people would have streamed on DAZN considering hose who signed up for a free month for Rory/Gegard would still have access before their membership expired.

Considering the west coast is tape delayed, why would they not use DAZN to watch the event?

I guess the problem is that I have no way of knowing how many free trial subscribers they managed to get in America for Moose/Rory.

The peak is that counts for viacom.
Sports is the only to make a commercial 3 hours long and it isnt percieved as . Rory is nakibg bug money from his sponsir probably aroubd 10-15x more than in the ufc.

The peak is that counts for viacom.
Sports is the only to make a commercial 3 hours long and it isnt percieved as . Rory is nakibg bug money from his sponsir probably aroubd 10-15x more than in the ufc.
Maybe i'm missing something but don't they runs commercials through out the whole show? Logic would dictate a higher number for the whole show is more desirable than a higher peak number since that means more eyes on the commercials. The peak numbers will most likely come during the fight which has extremely limited time for commercials(a few seconds between rounds). I could be wrong but this obsession with peak numbers just seems like a way for fans of the promotion with bad numbers(which is every promotion these days) to make them seem better than they are in reality.

Last edited:
Maybe i'm missing something but don't they runs commercials through out the whole show? Logic would dictate a higher number for the whole show is more desirable than a higher peak number since that means more eyes on the commercials. The peak numbers will most likely come during the fight which has extremely limited time for commercials(a few seconds between rounds). I could be wrong but this obsession with peak numbers just seems like a way for fans of the promotion with bad numbers(which is every promotion these days) and make them seem better than they are in reality.

You got it right

Bad numbers is bad numbers people. Anyone who thinks Viacom doesn't care about ratings is insane. It's how they made most their money on Bellator before DAZN came around and still is a major part of revenue.

But when comparing the UFC ratings down vs Bellator ratings down you have to remember that Bellator is putting out the best product they can on some of these shows. The UFC is literally giving us mid level guys many of the times. They don't give us the best or even near the best they have to offer ever. Now if the UFC gave us Conor, Jon Jones, and DC on one free card and it did shit it would be very troublesome. Bellator is doing everything they can to pull good ratings and its falling flat.

What Bellator is experiencing behind the scenes is a trash card costing them maybe 300K in fighter salary is only doing 100K less avg viewers than a fighter salary card costing them into the millions. That is the real problem.

DAZN saved Bellator's ass big time and probably more than we'll ever know.

MMA fan has moved on from just tuning into every card because two guys are fighting in a cage. Fans know what they want now and are only tuning in when things peak their interest just like what happens in many sports. UFC can peak massive interest anytime they want, Bellator can't and that is why DAZN deal is so important to them even being around.

Well in the US I'm sure people watching on DAZN is a very small amount. If I had to guess, less than 10,000 people.

I would guess for this past Saturday a bit more
They seemed to do good with the free month that encompassed Fedor/Chael, plus how some mentioned having it live on West Coast.
But 50,000 is a decent guess for a top number

Back