Bellator 8 Man WW GP fighters confirmed

Think the brackets are

Rory vs Fitch
Ruth vs Gracie

MVP vs Larkin
Lima vs Koreshkov

Surprised Daley is excluded. Can’t even be in the same field as MVP

I’m still not sure if the extra 2 are supposed to be alternates or if there’s going to be some weird bracket

Think the brackets are

Rory vs Fitch
Ruth vs Gracie

MVP vs Larkin
Lima vs Koreshkov

Surprised Daley is excluded. Can’t even be in the same field as MVP

I’m still not sure if the extra 2 are supposed to be alternates or if there’s going to be some weird bracket
6 of the 10 fighters in the tournament are getting a BYE, that being going forward without having to fight in "stage 1"
4 of the 10 fighters will have one additional fight to "earn" a spot in the actual 8-man tournament

the 6 man already in the tournament are probably Rory, Lima, Koreshkov, MVP (these 4 already confirmed), Larkinz (?) and Ruth (??)
the 2 bouts will probably be between Neiman Gracie vs. Jon Fitch (Coker mentioned it) for the 7th spot and Yaroslav Amosov vs. 10th man (maybe it will be Daley, maybe not) for the 8th spot

Daley is a prima donna.. who cant defend a takedown to save his career.

Fuck I love tournaments. That is a great line up. If only the UFC did this

Heavyweight roster looked nothing like this. If you can't get behind a tournament with these guys, not sure what gets you excited in MMA
Christ on a stick people. It could have the best roster or worst. Thats not the problem. It's how theyve presented their "tournaments."

I see Ed Ruth pulling some DC shit and winning the whole thing.

Rory shouldnt be in it, he should be the prize at the end.

I'm thinking that if he wasn't in the tourney, he'd be inactive in the division for a long time... This one could take a while (and isn't at all like the old Bellator tournaments).

Last edited:

So, i do not really like this....
3x5 is OK, with longer fights the fighters can get injured

I'm thinking that if he wasn't in the tourney, he'd be inactive in the division for a long time... This one could take a while (and isn't at all like the old Bellator tournaments).

if he won MW title he could defend that but yeah if he loses to Mousasi they dont have anyone for him to fight and its clear Bellator is gonna take 10 months to complete this tournament.

Shouldnt have done Rory/Mousasi then, pick one, stay at WW and be in teh GP or stay out and do the Mousasi fight.

if he won MW title he could defend that but yeah if he loses to Mousasi they dont have anyone for him to fight and its clear Bellator is gonna take 10 months to complete this tournament.

Shouldnt have done Rory/Mousasi then, pick one, stay at WW and be in teh GP or stay out and do the Mousasi fight.
10 months would be ideal, perfect, even. PRIDE GP's moved very briskly and took about that long. You're talking about the eventual finalists fighting three times within a calendar year. How often do top ranked MMA fighters get three bouts in under a 12 months period nowadays? Very seldom.

They could have always brought back Askren, if they were worried about that. But they've made their decisions, time to see how it goes.

So, i do not really like this....
3x5 is OK, with longer fights the fighters can get injured

The good thing is that the fights are spread apart so if there are any cuts, bruises, or sprains they will have time to heal.

They could have always brought back Askren, if they were worried about that. But they've made their decisions, time to see how it goes.
Askren is still under contract with One iirc and Askren just wanted a 1off fight which goes against the function of a tournament.

Back