Bellator Adds Referee Big John McCarthy As Color Commentator For Bellator 192

DTHjjNzW4AEQh1L.jpg:large

You let Jimmy Smith go to add Big John?

Love Big John as a ref. Won't pretend to know what he will be like in the gig. But giving up Jimmy Smith for this seems like a real fuck up by Bellator.

If UFC grabs him, Jimmy is going to kill it over there.

Seems like a conflict of interest, especially if he is going to continue refereeing

Sounds like he wont be reffing anymore. Sure this pays more than reffing and according to Ariel the travel was starting to get to him.

Love Big John as a ref. Won't pretend to know what he will be like in the gig. But giving up Jimmy Smith for this seems like a real fuck up by Bellator.

If UFC grabs him, Jimmy is going to kill it over there.

They signed Goldie and Mauro. They dont need Jimmy Smith.

Yeah they wanted Jimmy back but offer wasn't worth all the traveling he was doing.

BIG John is a good commentator I've heard him before he is a former fighter as well and has great knowledge of the sport.

Will definitely garner interest from casuals he' the most well known ref in the biz.

Not mad at this. Sucks that they let Jimmy go, but John could offer a brand new perspective on the action we are watching.

I’m sure this was largely about money. Remember hearing trigg speak about reffing on Ariel’s podcast. The man was saying that they make jack shit, and usually do it because they enjoy it.

Not mad at this signing.

Not mad at this. Sucks that they let Jimmy go, but John could offer a brand new perspective on the action we are watching.

I’m sure this was largely about money. Remember hearing trigg speak about reffing on Ariel’s podcast. The man was saying that they make jack shit, and usually do it because they enjoy it.

Not mad at this signing.
yeah i was upset jimmy was gone but big john knows as much as anyone in terms of whats going on in the cage. as good as a replacement i think they could have got

This is...weird.

I think he'll do a good job!

Amazing move by Bellator.
IMO adding one of the most knowledgeable guys in this sport.

They make good moves after good moves and I think they look at the long run... and they make a lot more rights than wrongs.,... Look out UFC.

Big John, Goldy, Mauro, Sonnen

Would love a 3 man booth with Big John, Sonnen and Mauro/Goldy. Understand it's not possible on the next card..

Figured they were just clearing out the seat for Chael and Mir

Well I didn't see this coming. But I'm excited to hear Big John ...the better part of me thought Mir was going to take this spot. While my heart wanted Josh Barnett to take the gig he is fantastic to listen to

Not mad at this signing.
I wanna see how Big John reacts to early stoppages.

Back