Bellator announces 10-man welterweight tourney field

I thought total tourney participants had to be divisible by 4.

Why? This fight makes no sense in the first round. Why eliminate one of the best so soon?

This trilogy fight truly is one of the best fights Bellator could throw together but sadly, it isn’t a huge money maker. They are probably trying to fix the brackets in a way that’ll allow them to make mvp vs Daley happen as well as keep Fitch away from key players he could lay on. I love lima, but he has shown that he could be laid on.

Probably.
You can't have these guys sit around doing nothing for 6+ months.
If you don't do the tourney now, then they'll just start fighting each other in 'regular' matches anyway.
Gotta make it happen while everyone's got fights on their contract and the WW roster is loaded.
Hi Scott Coker

I will go out on a limb and say this will be Ed Ruth coming out party and he wins.

Tournaments are great because it can be what a fighter needs to break out into a star. Shogun, Gomi, Cormier are some examples

I'll be very interested if DAZN ever releases any streaming numbers or subscribers in the future for the US market.

Based on the limited amount of traffic on MMA websites and forums about Bellator I can't phantom to think many will sign up for DAZN. At least there putting their best foot forward for this first year. Boxing side seems to have put some decent things together also.

Back