Bellator Fight Master

Kinosis

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
You guys remember this show? It had coaches like Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Greg Jackson. I actually liked it a lot more than the ultimate fighter, since it focused on the training, coaching, etc, instead of guys peeing on each other's beds. Unfortunately, most people just want the silly drama stuff.

With Bellator's higher quality of fighters these days, perhaps they should try another show along the same line. Imagine Fedor coaching a Russian team, Randy Couture doing a USA team, etc. Do Nation vs nation or just have famous MMA guys as coaches.

Dude Bellator is struggling to get tv ratings for their fights, there’s no way ppl will watch another fight master

He should have had prospects instead of aged fighters in the first place
Specially considering it was focused on the training/coaching as you said

lol fight master...didn't joe fuckin riggs won that shit show?

put it on dazn, they need more programming. make it more old school, have boxers fight kickboxers, wrestlers vs sambo, might crossover better on dazn with boxing fans

Why would it be shocking that an experienced fighter beat guys who weren't that experienced? It's also not the point.

put it on dazn, they need more programming. make it more old school, have boxers fight kickboxers, wrestlers vs sambo, might crossover better on dazn with boxing fans

That's a good idea.

I'd watch it if they used prospects, used their excellent production staff to give us good background, and kept juvenile nonsense out. They did a decent job the first time, I just thought the contestants were wrong. I'd watch the hell out of something like that on DAZN. Or even find the right guys to kind of follow through camp and let us see some of the rougher sides of fight camp. I dunno. Fight Master was an awesome idea though. I could see it working with the right combination of personalities.

You guys remember this show? It had coaches like Randy Couture, Frank Shamrock and Greg Jackson. I actually liked it a lot more than the ultimate fighter, since it focused on the training, coaching, etc, instead of guys peeing on each other's beds. Unfortunately, most people just want the silly drama stuff.

With Bellator's higher quality of fighters these days, perhaps they should try another show along the same line. Imagine Fedor coaching a Russian team, Randy Couture doing a USA team, etc. Do Nation vs nation or just have famous MMA guys as coaches.

Tbh I really liked fight masters style of fighters picking the coach and the whole setup it just lacked depth in talent.If it were a couple years ago I'd say yes but even TUF is dead as hell and I can't bring myself to watch it anymore and that says ALOT.

bellator sure could use shoulder programming though

Joe Riggs is a very solid fighter on his best day, unfortunately most days he is falling apart of borderline sabotaging himself.

Any TV with the baddest man on the planet is good TV. I enjoyed the show but am glad there was only 1 season.TUF needs to retire also.

I liked it. I was riding the Sideshow Bob train, then he lost on the show and retired.

I got to admit I liked fight master and tbh it gave Joe riggs another run. So if it came back again wouldn't be against it

By winning Fight Master he won TUF!

Even TUF can't do good ratings anymore, it might not be worth Bellators $.

That's true but tbh a lot of people have been put off by the tuf format. Fight master in many ways could be bellators contender series if done right

That's true but tbh a lot of people have been put off by the tuf format. Fight master in many ways could be bellators contender series if done right

Another idea would be to bring back that MMA reality show they had on MTV (not Bully Beatdown, the other one) but make it focused on Bellator.

I enjoyed Bellator's Fight Master, I didn't enjoy the fact that Joe Riggs was a participant. Even worse, that Joe Riggs won it and didn't even fight in Bellator after winning it. And that totally defeated the purpose of that show.

I guess it’s been long enough since that shit show aired for shertards to pretend it was any good.

Back