Bellator fighters not being very kind to UFC vets

That's true, a lot of desperate/failed attempts, and shlemenko defended against them well indeed; I still think moose maneuvered on the ground with ease and took whichever position he wanted, almost, at will. He did it all r1 and all of second half of r2. Enough for a win.

Credit where credit is due of course, shlemenko landed a few big shots but that's about it.
Very true indeed, on all points. Shlemenko is horrible on the ground, always has been. For me personally, it goes even that much further to my earlier statement, dude has a set of stones to be sure, to have taken that Tito fight. Like him or not, Tito's ground game is as legit as it gets, dude used to be a monster if he got on top of you.

Just a matter of time so I thought it would be funny to throw it in.

Moose lost to hall who lost to Brunson who lost to Anderson who lost to Bisping.
You guys are cracking me up with the MMAth shit. Some serious MMA Trig going on in this thread.

Moose never even did much in the UFC is claim to fame is a strange finish over Weidman who was on a 3 fight skid and then a knock out over a 45 years old Henderson.

Jacare pushed his shit in pretty easily

The hardy fight was a blood bath. The Gracie fight was solid.
Seriously, feels like something has been missing for quite awhile. We have needed a Gracie with legit skills in the cage for a long time. He looked solid tonight, against a guy who had never been subbed, and took the fight on a week notice.

lima is going to ruin rory.

Careful ... that kind of talk could highlight just how good Askren really is and he has a ton of oblivious haters on this board...

Mousasi won. He looked bad because he fought with one eye. Excusable and doesn't mean the competition in any one company is better than another.

Funny how people are saying the UFC middleweight division got exposed by Schmelenko, when theybsaid the opposite when Mousasi lost in the UFC.

Funny how Mousasi was the guy who fought the vast majority of his career outside the UFC in every major promotion, but is now being considered as a "UFC fighter" getting exposed.

Shlemenko hardly did anything. This was not a robbery.

Careful ... that kind of talk could highlight just how good Askren really is and he has a ton of oblivious haters on this board...

Nearly fell asleep but my Askren alarm went off.

57eecbc80118a.jpeg

I predict Rory but want Lima to win so Askren can continue to hold that lineal belt for years after while over in Asia.

Mousasi has always been very overrated in some respects. Just didn't think he was THAT ovarrated!

I don't know about Moose being exposed, have always had a lot of respect for Moose's skills, and felt he was legit top 5 MW in the UFC. I think, if anything it is bringing to everyone's attention that Bellator has a stable of legit dudes. Allowing these guys to go over there, including a former champ, and having them get handled like some have been is hurting the UFC. Is win win for Coker, if the UFC fighters come in and dominate, it brings legitimacy to his org, if his fighters do well against those fighters, then it raises their stock, along with that of Bellator.

As for the Shlemenko - Ortiz fight, there was a massive size difference in that fight. Dude is a small MW. Respect for him taking that fight, tbh.

I don't think Titos wrestling is as regressed as people make it out to be, he'll have a hard time with the elite but he could take down a lot of LHW's with weak TDD or outsiders of the top 15.

Moose won 2-1. He needs to realize that fighters in Bellator are tougher (they are not cleaned up by USADA, this dudes juiced for years). His next opponent is fucked

I think its quite apparent his eye really had a major effect on his performance.

Hopefully this scare keeps him motivated since he has been known to become very sketchy with his training.

I don't think Titos wrestling is as regressed as people make it out to be, he'll have a hard time with the elite but he could take down a lot of LHW's with weak TDD or outsiders of the top 15.
Oh, no, neither do I. A lot of folks, especially the those that started watching at Brock and after, never really saw the monster top game Tito had, he was one dude you did not want on top of you, he wrecked a lot of dudes in that cage. I think his downfall began with the Couture fight, and the holes it exposed. I also think he lost a lot of the fear factor he once had after that fight, a lot of guys were scared before they got in the cage. The literal spanking by Couture def did some lasting damage in that regard.

well IIRC Storm never lost a fight on the feet, no man has outstriked him

With that mindset wasn't Dana wrong by signing Lombard (big money) and Brooks and Held?

At least two of those were standing champs in their divisions in Bellator at the time. Just like Branch, Gaethje, and Moraes were in WSOF. While many of the fighters UFC let go to Bellator weren't doing poorly, they were not champs either.

well IIRC Storm never lost a fight on the feet, no man has out-struck him

Knocked out cold by a left hook from Jordan Radev (who is normally known as a wrestler), but it was a while ago. His more eccentric style (along with his pressure) can be tougher to face for those used to more orthodox fighters (Mousasi also had such a problem with Hall), but Mousasi also was working with one eye for the majority of the fight.

Back